Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

>>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
    Suddenly we're terrible? What happened??
    Don't think anyone is saying we're terrible, just think the pre-season hype was just that, hype and RIT has not shown the dominance that warrants that hype.. The team has not been blown out and has been in every game. The type of season they have had so far is indicative of the type of seasons we've recently seen where the regular season has been a 'tune' up for the real season that begins with the AH playoffs. That said I think after four straight losses and coach mentioning that they're not getting it done sets up an interesting match up when Army visits GPC next weekend. Army is the hottest team in Atlantic Hockey and hopes to continue that trend while RIT, the defending two time champs will want to defend their home turf after a bad four game losing skid. Should be fun.
    RPI Engineers
    RIT Tigers
    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2016-17: That was fun; let's go for three!

Originally posted by Rochester View Post

How about some rep? Or am I that terrible. ��
      I think I just did or I might have gotten you banned for 1 year, dunno!
      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
        Don't think anyone is saying we're terrible, just think the pre-season hype was just that, hype and RIT has not shown the dominance that warrants that hype.. The team has not been blown out and has been in every game. The type of season they have had so far is indicative of the type of seasons we've recently seen where the regular season has been a 'tune' up for the real season that begins with the AH playoffs. That said I think after four straight losses and coach mentioning that they're not getting it done sets up an interesting match up when Army visits GPC next weekend. Army is the hottest team in Atlantic Hockey and hopes to continue that trend while RIT, the defending two time champs will want to defend their home turf after a bad four game losing skid. Should be fun.
        Still a long season but hope they realize that they need to start winning some of these close games. Funny that there's been no talk of benching Rotolo yet, in previous seasons, four losses in a row would have gotten Ruby's head called for!
        RIT Tigers

Comment

I still think that Rotolo has been playing rather well. Sure, we could always use more big saves at key times, but he's the one that's been keeping a lot of these games close.
          Most of our goals against have come off of defensive breakdowns resulting in odd man rushes or players left uncovered. Which is why his stats seem worse than they are since we keep shots pretty low but let through some high-percentage chances.
          RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

Team is not playing horrible, in fact they are playing some great hockey at times. But they are just allowing an alarming number of cardinal sins, I am already sick to my stomach at the number of late period goals giving up this year. Looking at the highlights too some of those late period goals are the results of guys getting out worked. Team continues to play to soft at times. And really as yet has been unable to answer the bell when facing crunch time. All really inexcusable for a team with this much talent and experience.

While he definitely has played well for most of this season, Rotolo did not play well on Saturday. Best I can say is that due to the camera angel all the goals seemed questionable, but may have some tips I could not see. Not going to push for a change on who is the number one goaltender but I am concern about Coach Wilson's approach in net this year. I think he maybe repeating the mistake made with an up and coming goaltender named Jared DeMichiel in 07-08. It is amazing to me that after 12 games played, Christian Short only has 1 start. Now granted he didn't have a great start in that game, but this is a guy that played well for you at key times of the season. And while I do agree that Rotolo should be #1, Short should have more than 1 start at this point. Even with the tough schedule.
            Last edited by Tom Naeger; 11-13-2016, 08:07 PM.
            Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
            The Mule
            Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
              I do agree that Rotolo should be #1
              I agree Mike is #1.

I would expect Mike to start on Friday. If they lose a hard fought game on Friday, I would expect Mike to start on Saturday as well. On Saturday, if they are losing after the first period by more than one goal, I would expect a goalie change for the start of the second period, not indicative to how Mike is playing but more of a shake-up to the entire team.

If RIT is blown out on Friday I expect Mike will get Saturday off, again not indicative to how he is playing but as a shake-up to the entire team.

But then again I could be entirely wrong.

In fact I hope I'm wrong and RIT returns to it's winning ways with a weekend sweep, but Army is a much improved team over the already decent team that made it to the BCA semi's last year.
              RPI Engineers
              RIT Tigers
              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Besides in the standings, RIT needs points this weekend for another reason: fans haven't seen a win at home since the very first game against RMU. As they say, the natives are getting restless.
                RIT Tigers

AHC Pickem Regular Season Co-Champion - 2016-2017

Comment

If Mike had a better Saturday game I'll be with you, but really think it time to give Short one start on the weekend. DeMikes really had trouble getting going after so much time on the bench when he was a sophomore. I really see no positive in riding Rotolo. Especially now with a Goal Against at 2.83 and save percentage under .900 (.883).
                  Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                  The Mule
                  Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                    If Mike had a better Saturday game I'll be with you, but really think it time to give Short one start on the weekend. DeMikes really had trouble getting going after so much time on the bench when he was a sophomore. I really see no positive in riding Rotolo. Especially now with a Goal Against at 2.83 and save percentage under .900 (.883).
                    Agree at this point in the season we should of seen more of Short.

If RIT does not have a positive outcome this weekend and does not at least gain a split, I'm sure you will see more of Short for the remainder of the season as I see no reason why RIT should not return to an alternating goalie scheme on Fridays and Saturdays while tuning up for the playoffs. Like you mentioned keep Short sharp.
                    RPI Engineers
                    RIT Tigers
                    ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Team needs a shakeup....give each a chance in net this week and we see what happens.
                      RIT Tigers

Comment

Am I reading this right? All four are sitting Friday night?

Atlantic Hockey on Saturday announced four suspensions stemming from last night’s Air Force-RIT game – two players from each team.

The four players, who are ineligible to compete in the series finale Saturday night, are RIT’s Shawn Cameron and Caleb Cameron and Air Force’s Jonathan Kopacka and Kyle Haak.

The four suspensions come as a result of a multi-player incident that occurred at the 15:53 mark of the second period. Shawn Cameron was whistled for a five-minute major for boarding and given a game misconduct. However, after play was stopped, several players from both teams were involved in an altercation that resulted in multiple hitting after the whistle, roughing and 10-minute misconduct penalties.

After reviewing the game footage, Atlantic Hockey officials determined that the correct calls were made on the ice, but the players’ actions resulted in more discipline through the league’s supplemental discipline policy.

“The four players are receiving an extra game of discipline because of their continued involvement with each other following the whistle,” read an Atlantic Hockey news release.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2016/11/12/two-...#ixzz4Q63sIvdf
                        RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                          Am I reading this right? All four are sitting Friday

I believe they sat out last Saturdays game at AF.
                          John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                          AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                          AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                          NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                          NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                          NCAA DII - 1983
                          NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Just watched the NCAA top plays for this week, with Ryan Kruper showing some awesome stick skills coming in at #3.
                            John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                            AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                            AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                            NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                            NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                            NCAA DII - 1983
                            NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                              I believe they sat out last Saturdays game at AF.
                              Correct. The suspensions were a result of a bad hit and subsequent fight on Friday. All 4 sat for Saturday's game. The Cameron's are back for this weekend.
                              RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                                Correct. The suspensions were a result of a bad hit and subsequent fight on Friday. All 4 sat for Saturday's game. The Cameron's are back for this weekend.
                                Actually, the extra game suspensions were given for not skating away from the fracas after the play, not for the hit itself. This is documented in the quote from the release "because of their continued involvement with each other following the whistle"

They were all served on during Saturday's AFA/RIT game.

Everyone in the press box agreed that the hit by Shawn Cameron on Friday that resulted in the extra curricular activity did not deserve a major penalty. The AFA player was already falling when Cameron made contact. It should have been a minor penalty instead.
                                Scott Biggar
                                WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
                                Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X