Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

I'm not smellin' what PSU is cookin'. I think they're over-rated. I'm not ripping them; these are the facts.

Since November, they swept unranked Princeton and UAA, BOTH teams struggling. Then swept unranked MI and MI.St. BOTH teams struggling

They are 1-2-1 against Rohlik's #12 Buckeyes and got swept by the #5 Gophers.

Good time for another weekend sweep.
    Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-06-2017, 02:52 PM.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      I'm not smellin' what PSU is cookin'. I think they're over-rated. I'm not ripping them; these are the facts.

Since November, they swept unranked Princeton and UAA, BOTH teams struggling. Then swept unranked MI and MI.St. BOTH teams struggling

They are 1-2-1 against Rohlik's #12 Buckeyes and got swept by the #5 Gophers.

Good time for another weekend sweep.
      I agree, I think the Bruin boys are going to have a big weekend.

Bucky sweeps 5-3 and 4-3

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
        I agree, I think the Bruin boys are going to have a big weekend.

Bucky sweeps 5-3 and 4-3
        Allow 3 goals per game, that would be a bummer, but there are ? on the D corps, so I won't get greedy.....just win.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

10 games to go in the regular season. Have to think that if the team can go 6-4 they will have a shot in the PWR. 4 vs PSU and 2 each against OSU, Mn and Mich. 6 of the 10 are at home, so that will help. Finishing in the top 2 of the B1G would send us directly to the Semi's of the conference tourney. Do we bother with a 3rd place game or have those gone by the wayside?

Will be at the KC for Sat night....hopefully a 4-6 point weekend for the good guys.

Comment

Originally posted by BuB View Post
            10 games to go in the regular season. Have to think that if the team can go 6-4 they will have a shot in the PWR. 4 vs PSU and 2 each against OSU, Mn and Mich. 6 of the 10 are at home, so that will help. Finishing in the top 2 of the B1G would send us directly to the Semi's of the conference tourney. Do we bother with a 3rd place game or have those gone by the wayside?

Will be at the KC for Sat night....hopefully a 4-6 point weekend for the good guys.
            It feels GREAT to look at the next 10 games and know that there are no hopeless match-ups, unlike the last 2 years when the UM and UM games were just about guaranteed losses. They do needto play better this weekend. I fell like they got away with 2 wins without playing their best games. Have to step it up.

Was Eaves doing that bad of a job or had the lads just fell into that deep of a mental hole? This turnaround is amazing with the vast majority of the players being MM's guys. Granato should be coach of the year if this keeps up.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              It feels GREAT to look at the next 10 games and know that there are no hopeless match-ups, unlike the last 2 years when the UM and UM games were just about guaranteed losses. They do needto play better this weekend. I fell like they got away with 2 wins without playing their best games. Have to step it up.

Was Eaves doing that bad of a job or had the lads just fell into that deep of a mental hole
              ? This turnaround is amazing with the vast majority of the players being MM's guys. Granato should be coach of the year if this keeps up.
              Probably a bit of both. Watching the team this year, I don't know that Eaves' super-structured system was the best one for this set of players. Under Eaves, the team a lot of times looked like it was thinking too hard about what the "correct" play was, whereas now they just sort of "go play" and get more creative with things. (And I'm fully aware that there's a lot more coaching involved than just "go play," but I'm just starting to learn hockey so I don't know how to describe the systems yet).

I'd also think that having some good results early in the year really helped. It had to be really hard mentally the last couple of years to put in great effort when the season is pretty much over ten games in. Being in a position to play meaningful games and maybe win a Big(10-4) title gives the team something to work towards.

Regardless, it's really nice to go into just about any series being able to expect points and knowing that no team is going to blow the Badgers off the rink.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuB View Post
                Do we bother with a 3rd place game or have those gone by the wayside?
                No 3rd place game in the Big Ten.

Comment

Looks like they are planning on having a tribute to Coach Sauer during the first intermission both Friday and Saturday night. Earlier in the week I was hoping they would do something both nights - and it sounds as though that will happen. Well done, UW Ath Dept....

Comment

Article about MM/St. Olaf in the NYT

At the end, there's this:

Correction: February 8, 2017

Because of an editing error, an earlier version of this article misidentified the University of Wisconsin hockey team in a summary. The team is called the Badgers, not the Huskies.
                    Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                    Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                    sigpic
                    Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                    1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                      I feel like I've read that article 2 or 3 times already. Not that specific article, but the "He got fired from UW and now lives in the cabin on the lake" article.

It is good to see that he is still getting some attention, but there isn't anything new to be said...

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                        I feel like I've read that article 2 or 3 times already. Not that specific article, but the "He got fired from UW and now lives in the cabin on the lake" article.

It is good to see that he is still getting some attention, but there isn't anything new to be said...
                        I've read them all as well, and this one seemed to have more details than the other ones. I guess the most noteworthy thing was that it was in the NYT.
                        Last edited by icebadger; 02-09-2017, 03:09 PM.
                        Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                        Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                        sigpic
                        Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                        1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

This is new!

https://twitter.com/BadgerWHockey/st...24353378004992
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Hello fellas! Been awhile for me here. Wondering if anyone knows what channel The Wisconsin Channel is for uverse here in madison. Greatly appreciate your help in anticipation of a fun series this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by sagissoor View Post
                              Hello fellas! Been awhile for me here. Wondering if anyone knows what channel The Wisconsin Channel is for uverse here in madison. Greatly appreciate your help in anticipation of a fun series this weekend!
                              I'm not sure what it is on particular cable providers, but this is a good excuse to remind everyone that The Wisconsin Channel is streamed for free on their website, without signups or anything, so that's another way to watch the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                                I'm not sure what it is on particular cable providers, but this is a good excuse to remind everyone that The Wisconsin Channel is streamed for free on their website, without signups or anything, so that's another way to watch the game.
                                It will be streamed on BTN2GO as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X