Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Article on advantages Big 10 Hockey has over other schools.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Article on advantages Big 10 Hockey has over other schools.

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Wait a minute. Notre Dame definitely did not have a D-I team yet when I started college in 1964-65. Wisconsin's program was quite new and independent at the time. That makes it three.

Notre Dame also gave up on hockey for a year or two in the early 1980's.
    Yeah, according to USCHO, Notre Dame effectively started up in '68-69, and didn't field a program in '83-84 as they transitioned back to "independent" status. http://www.uscho.com/stats/history/n...key/2015-2016/
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
      "The Fabled Big Ten Hockey Conference"?? Fabled is not one of the adjectives that comes to mind when thinking about Big 10 hockey.
      Awful is, though
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

On the banks of the Old Raritan???

http://www.onthebanks.com/2016/6/16/...en-ncaa-hockey
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          * BigTen definition of "poised" = "I really wish we could add a hockey team too..."
          I thought it involved ...
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

"The Fabled Big Ten Hockey Conference"?? Fabled is not one of the adjectives that comes to mind when thinking about Big 10 hockey.
            They must be using the verb form of "fable", to tell fictitious tales, because I haven't seen a lot of great hockey out of that group.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              They must be using the verb form of "fable", to tell fictitious tales, because I haven't seen a lot of great hockey out of that group.
              And if everyone knew now what they thought they knew then, we'd never have had the mess in Western Hockey that we do now.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

It is certainly a very BIG-centric piece. I love the "fact" that the B10 is and innovator because they experimented with an alternative overtime format last year. Of course, the article fails to acknowledge that the B10 was not the only hockey conference that experimented with non-traditional ways to break a tie. Is this website a student run site at Penn St? There were some decent facts, but the article also had a number of factual issues.
                sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

I'm not sure if that article was written in 2013 and copied and pasted for that post or not...because it completely ignores everything that has made the B7G Hockey Conference a one bid league
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    Is one of the advantages playing in a sh^tty league, so it's easy to get the autobid?
                    I was just thinking how a powerful league like the Big Ten could probably push the NCAA around, instead of having them dictate things like names, mascots, and such. You guys might be able to recruit enough old Canadians to win at hockey, but you will never win a championship in the top NCAA division in any other sport, ever.
                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                      I was just thinking how a powerful league like the Big Ten could probably push the NCAA around, instead of having them dictate things like names, mascots, and such. You guys might be able to recruit enough old Canadians to win at hockey, but you will never win a championship in the top NCAA division in any other sport, ever.
                      You think Gopher football or basketball would win one in our lifetimes?

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                        So D1 isn't the top NCAA division for hockey? Man, good thing the Big Ten teams play D1 then. Just think how badly they'd get crushed if they played in whatever the top NCAA division is.
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          So D1 isn't the top NCAA division for hockey? Man, good thing the Big Ten teams play D1 then. Just think how badly they'd get crushed if they played in whatever the top NCAA division is.
                          I don't think you fully understood what you were responding to.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            I don't think you fully understood what you were responding to.
                            You are correct. I apologize to Happy for misreading what he said. UND likely won't win a national championship in any other sport and if UND's successes and failures are ultimately what completes Happy's life, who am I to try stopping him?
                            Last edited by Dirty; 06-19-2016, 09:00 PM.
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                              You think Gopher football or basketball would win one in our lifetimes?
                              sure, just like I think the Vikings and the Timber Wolves will. They won 6 in my Father's lifetime, and he is still living.
                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

The word they were looking for was "The Feeble Big Ten Hockey Conference".

Comment

Working...
                                X