Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rule's Committee Recommends 4 on 4 OT, RPI to adjust for OT losses

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    There's no rule stating you have to do that. However, there's no rule stating you can't. Unless, of course, the Oshie rule is necessary...
    Infinite loop redefined: an IIHF shootout with Toews v Oshie
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The NHL uses shootouts to satisfy people who can't accept a tie game.

The IIHF uses shootouts so that there are fewer ties in the standings that need to be resolved by running up the score against weaker competition

The NCAA level has neither of those concerns other than wanting to be like the other kids
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        The NHL uses shootouts to satisfy people who can't accept a tie game.

The IIHF uses shootouts so that there are fewer ties in the standings that need to be resolved by running up the score against weaker competition

The NCAA level has neither of those concerns other than wanting to be like the other kids
        And the IIHF uses the 3-2-1-0 points distribution
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          And the IIHF uses the 3-2-1-0 points distribution
          ...and 2/1 points are used when a game goes to overtime, regardless of whether "Game Winning Shots" (they don't call it a shootout; probably a bunch of Europeans offended by American colloquialisms) is used.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            IIHF shootout. Keep using the same guy for the sudden death rounds.

Pick a lucky fan from the crowd from each team, there's your shoot-out!
            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              I agree; I'm arguing for changing the incentives and not the playing style. 4v4 is more free-wheeling, and I guess that's fun to watch, provided that your team has speed/hands. But yeah, why change that?

GFM <— always finds discussing with UncleRay funny since, well, his only parental sibling is a Ray...
              Just don't expect birthday cards stuffed with cash.
              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Working...
              X