• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joecct
    replied
    Re: Rule's Committee Recommends 4 on 4 OT, RPI to adjust for OT losses

Horsefeathers!!!!!

5x5 for 10 minutes, like it was before the late 80s. RPI can't depend on a gimmick.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

I am completely in favor of 4x4 OT, and I think this is an overdue move. It will open up the ice quite a bit, and more games that go to OT should end with a winner. Ties are OK, but playing for/trapping & obstructing your way to a tie is not.

Leave a comment:

• Bonin21
    replied

The 3 on 3 would be conference only. Ya we all know ties are fine to hockey purists. But a game that ends in a 4 on 4 or 3 on 3 is WAY better than ending in a shootout and that's all that matters. This is an improvement from the current state. We're not going to get the 5 min OT and then tie back.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

Seems like the 3-on-3/shootout thing would only be for conference standings and not PWR/NCAA ramifications because they said it can be implemented on a conference-by-conference basis.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeye22
    replied

So wait, will the game officially end in a tie after the 4-on-4, with the 3-on-3/shootout only counting in the conference standings (as is the case now for the conferences that use shootouts)? Or will the 3-on-3/shootouts now actually determine a winner? Either way I'm not a huge fan. Maybe its the soccer fan in me, but i've never thought ties were the end of the world. Obviously not all the time, but every once in a while they don't bother me. People say they're not satisfying for fans because they don't provide a definitive result to the game, but if you're telling me you would rather have you're team lose a game in a gimmicky overtime rather than walk away with a tie after fighting their opponent to a stalemate after 60 minutes, then you're nuts.

Leave a comment:

• Rule's Committee Recommends 4 on 4 OT, RPI to adjust for OT losses

• 4 on 4 OT, with the option to be followed by 3 on 3 and/or shootout

• The Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Ccommittee has indicated that some adjustments would be made to the Ratings Percentage Index criteria to award some credit for a team that loses in the overtime period.

• Officials and players must wear helmets anytime they are on the ice with the exception of during the playing of the national anthem.

• A coach’s challenge will be required for video replay to be used to review goals relating to offsides, except for the last two minutes of the game and any overtime periods. Officials will be able to review offsides during the last two minutes of the game and all overtime periods. In postseason tournaments, all aspects of the video replay criteria will be utilized, including offsides, without the need for a coach’s challenge.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/articl..._fb_sf28450758
Working...
X