Brown Hockey 2016-17: The Importance of Being Ernst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown Hockey 2016-17: The Importance of Being Ernst

Euler: Any comments on the scrimmages yesterday?

Comment

You still have time to get your picks into the ECAC Pick the Standings Contest. Friday at 7PM is the deadline.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ings-2016-2017
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
        You still have time to get your picks into the ECAC Pick the Standings Contest. Friday at 7PM is the deadline.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ings-2016-2017
        Only one day left to get your picks in.
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Hey, look! It's game day!

Comment

Anyone heading to Worcester?

Comment

Originally posted by rihockey44 View Post
              Anyone heading to Worcester?
              I took my friend up on an offer to go to the BC-PC game, so I'll be in Chestnut Hill, instead. I'll return with a scouting report on Sunday's enemy!

Excited to see how Brown does against a seemingly pretty decent Holy Cross team that beat PC and put up 12 goals in two games against Niagara. If this Divver article is any indication, it would seem as though Nieto will start in net.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                I took my friend up on an offer to go to the BC-PC game, so I'll be in Chestnut Hill, instead. I'll return with a scouting report on Sunday's enemy!

Excited to see how Brown does against a seemingly pretty decent Holy Cross team that beat PC and put up 12 goals in two games against Niagara. If this Divver article is any indication, it would seem as though Nieto will start in net.
                It is Holy Cross home opener on campus!
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Looks like I didn't miss much tonight. Did anyone attend/watch? Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                    Looks like I didn't miss much tonight. Did anyone attend/watch? Thoughts?
                    First, it looks like we have a goalie for 4 years. Nieto played quite well. One soft goal but otherwise it was hard to believe this was his first D1 game. Coach played 5 of the 7 frosh. Beaudoin is a keeper. Dodd also showed a lot of promise. Power play came up empty but that happened I believe due to lack of game time experience. It showed some new looks and with the passing a little off due to timing there could have been at least 3 goals. Defense pairings worked well Gottlieb and McArdle were solid. Cooper and Wood also looked good; Schoo plays with a little edge and Tyler was solid, best I have seen him play in awhile. But same old problem - scoring. Brown had its chances but couldn't convert. I believe in another game or two, and hopefully next weekend Marchin, Beaudoin, Bird, Willman and Lafferty will start producing.
                    Last edited by Mike Hutter; 10-29-2016, 10:06 AM. Reason: mistake

Comment

• Re: Brown Hockey 2016-17: The Importance of Being Ernst

Wow, it's great to hear about Nieto! We'll probably have to call on him quite often tomorrow against what should be a very hungry (and angry) Friar team. I'm a little concerned we weren't able to find the back of the net, but HC did hold PC to one goal as well, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt - especially since it was our first game.

My scouting report on Providence: They're going to be really, REALLY good once their young guys get fully acclimated. I wouldn't be surprised to see them go on a tear through Hockey East from January to the finish line. They were miles better than BC for the first 40 minutes before getting overwhelmed in the third. My initial reaction is that this is the best skating and puck-handling team Leaman has had over on Smith Hill. They'll be a tough team to beat, but if we're going to do it for the third year in a row, I think it's better to take a crack at it while their freshmen are still adjusting early in the season.

Comment

Don’t know if he’ll get into a game but Lappin was called up to NJ.
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          Don’t know if he’ll get into a game but Lappin was called up to NJ.
                          My bad , he actually played last night.....
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Anything positive to report from today's 6-0 loss?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                              Anything positive to report from today's 6-0 loss?
                              No. That was one of the very worst performances I've ever seen. They had 78 shot attempts to our 29. After the first few shifts, in which we displayed lots of energy and hard forechecking, we were completely and utterly overwhelmed.

Actually, I'll give you a positive: Beaudoin was very impressive. The kid has plenty of skill and very good instincts.

It's still early, so no need to hit the panic button yet. But if the scoreless streak continues next weekend, we have a very serious problem on our hands.

Comment

Alum Update: Harry Z has been called up by Nashville and Joins Nick Lappin in the NHL. Bobby Farnham and Garnet Hathaway have been designated Assistant Captain with their AHL teams, St. John and Stockton.

Comment

Working...
                                X