Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sources: Arizona State Hockey Won’t Join Big Ten

Originally posted by burd View Post
    I have it from a good source that ASU was invited to joint the B1G but declined, saying they would rather be a doormat in the NCHC than a perennial contender in the B1G.

That kind of self respect is rare.
    That's just mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
      Who wants to watch men play boys?
      It just goes to show the Big Ten should disband the men's sport and let the women's national championship game be shown on ESPN while the men's championship game be permanently dropped to WatchESPN. I guess nobody cares about the Men's game anymore. {sigh}
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
        It just goes to show the Big Ten should disband the men's sport and let the women's national championship game be shown on ESPN while the men's championship game be permanently dropped to WatchESPN. I guess nobody cares about the Men's game anymore. {sigh}
        . Gopher fans don't care for the same reason they don't want recruits who choose another school. Hurts to want something you can't have.

Comment

So now that it looks like the Sun Devils will be eating NaCHos, who's going to be team #10?

Best fit geographically would be Air Force. Two five team "clusters":

"Southwest" - AFA, ASU, CC, DU, UNO
          "Northeast" - MU, SCSU, UMD, UND, WMU

Comment

Yes, except that nothing about the NCHC is logical and travel costs mean nothing to AF. They would rather win Atlantic Hockey every couple years than play close to home. They already play games against CC and DU anyway.
            Ryan J
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
              Yes, except that nothing about the NCHC is logical and travel costs mean nothing to AF. They would rather win Atlantic Hockey every couple years than play close to home. They already play games against CC and DU anyway.
              Ryan J
              Playing in a league with Army is paramount to all other factors. Also related: USAFA was 100-135-17 in seven seasons in the CHA and is 199-137-52 in 10 seasons in AHA. CHA member schools were always closer to Colorado Springs, Huntsville brought a large military presence to road games at the VBC, and being in the CHA meant that the Serratores played each other every year, which was always good for column inches. No matter. I rather expect that Ernie is pretty happy ripping off 20-win seasons out East.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                Playing in a league with Army is paramount to all other factors. Also related: USAFA was 100-135-17 in seven seasons in the CHA and is 199-137-52 in 10 seasons in AHA. CHA member schools were always closer to Colorado Springs, Huntsville brought a large military presence to road games at the VBC, and being in the CHA meant that the Serratores played each other every year, which was always good for column inches. No matter. I rather expect that Ernie is pretty happy ripping off 20-win seasons out East.

GFM
                Except Tom "Ernie" Serratorre is in Bemidji and Frank is racking up those wins out east
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  Except Tom "Ernie" Serratorre is in Bemidji and Frank is racking up those wins out east
                  crap, I got that one wrong.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                  X