X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sources: Arizona State Hockey Won’t Join Big Ten

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Nachos for everyone!!!

@chnews: BREAKING: Arizona State Finalizing Deal to Join NCHC - http://collegehockeynews.com/news/20...izing_deal.php
    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    It was really the only natural outcome, when you think of it. Practically a foregone conclusion once we knew the B7G was out of the picture.
    I only see ASU joining the NCHC depressing attendance more. Or do a lot of ASU graduates move to Grand Forks, Duluth, St. Cloud, Kalamazoo, Oxford, Omaha, Colorado Springs or Denver?

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

If it occurs, risk of ASU becoming a perennial doormat.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
        Someone needs to step up. And don't use travel expenses as an excuse. It's ONCE a year.
        Spoken like a fan of a team who rarely has to travel beyond 2 hrs. how severely taxing for you.
        but feel free to step up yourself---the WCHA already has.

Nachos stepping up, good!
        Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

hmph. let's hope this is misdirection, and going to the Nachos still happens.

Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Nachos.

@chnews: BREAKING: Arizona State Finalizing Deal to Join NCHC - http://collegehockeynews.com/news/2016/04/29_arizona_state_finalizing_deal.php
              If ASU does join, and I'd hate to say it but UAA & UA_ should consider joining nacho as well. We appear safe for 16/17 but unless oil picks up or a new source of major income pops up (looking at you legislators), the future is uncertain at best. And just thinking, a trip to Arizona, ND, Colorado seems better and cheaper then Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio, etc. The WCHA has been our home, but we both might be better off separating for the future of our programs/conferences.
              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                If ASU does join, and I'd hate to say it but UAA & UA_ should consider joining nacho as well. We appear safe for 16/17 but unless oil picks up or a new source of major income pops up (looking at you legislators), the future is uncertain at best. And just thinking, a trip to Arizona, ND, Colorado seems better and cheaper then Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio, etc. The WCHA has been our home, but we both might be better off separating for the future of our programs/conferences.
                The NCHC would never accept both Alaskas.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                  the nchc would never accept any team from alaska.
                  fyp.

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                    Spoken like a fan of a team who rarely has to travel beyond 2 hrs. how severely taxing for you.
                    but feel free to step up yourself---the WCHA already has.

Nachos stepping up, good!
                    Not that we would or wouldn't, should or shouldn't. But we don't need to travel. We are arguably the most important hockey school (due to an enormous following) in the most important conference in D1 hockey. We have options. Its just reality. Notice I did not say best.

I like seeing ASU join NCHC if it happens. I still think they're at risk of being a bottom dweller even to the potential detriment of other programs investigating the addition of hockey.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      Sorry, I only have oatmeal chocolate chip and peanut butter.
                      Hey, I told you to get some white chocolate macadamia nut too.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Isn't that basically what Potter did at first? Recall the howling he did about not caring that they weren't invited.
                        Yeah, but he wasn't being the explicit baby about it. Instead he had the high school kid's No, I don't really like her! Gosh! version of a plea for a date. Basically, he was an SCSU sophisticate.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I have it from a good source that ASU was invited to joint the B1G but declined, saying they would rather be a doormat in the NCHC than a perennial contender in the B1G.

That kind of self respect is rare.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            The NCHC would never accept both Alaskas.
                            Correct. The whole point of the NCHC was to not travel to Anchorage (or Houghton). And that was when oil money was flush in Alaska.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              I have it from a good source that ASU was invited to joint the B1G but declined, saying they would rather be a doormat in the NCHC than a perennial contender in the B1G.

That kind of self respect is rare.
                              Kind of like the Women's national championship game REPLAY broadcast had better ratings than the Men's national championship game?

Talk about respect!
                              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                                Kind of like the Women's national championship game REPLAY broadcast had better ratings than the Men's national championship game?

Talk about respect!
                                Who wants to watch men play boys?

Comment

Working...
                                X