Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Oval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Really needed the split

Mel's postgame with Dirk:
    We played much better, competed much harder
    If we continually improve we'll be fine
    Message to the team: it's a long year
    Have to clean up penalties, 5 min majors
    We were in their zone more, have to commit to team defense, our defensive awareness and positioning
    Can't give up 10 goals and expect to win
    Reinke looked rea good
    Leibinger played some forward, good forecheck
    Kero strong game, maybe take back 2nd goal
    PP too deliberate, different structure without Petan, need to get that first PP goal
    Not happy, but encouraged by growth from Game 1 to 2
    Mankato has the cup, planning a big opening weekend, difficult games
    These games helped us understand what it takes on the road

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2016 Off-Season: Good Things are Taking Shape... The Shape of an Ov

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
      Terrible, pathetic weekend. Pretty much nothing good to take away from it, honestly not looking forward to this season after this weekend, I had so much hope but after the two turds we left on the ice this weekend it pretty much all gone. I guess the only good thing to say about this weekend is at least we didn't get swept by UAH.
      I don't agree with that. The team is going to continue to get better. We certainly deserved as a minimum a tie today, and no question this was a really big weekend, but it's early. Have faith.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        I don't agree with that. The team is going to continue to get better. We certainly deserved as a minimum a tie today, and no question this was a really big weekend, but it's early. Have faith.
        It just sucks to see this, we have been able to play with anyone in the country the past 3 seasons and win most of them the past 2, this seems like a step backwards to me, which I honestly was not expecting. I know we lost some firepower and a great goalie last after last season, but we lost as much or more after the 14-15 season and didn't step as far back as this. I will say I do know we can come back from this as around Christmas of last year we were only playing .500 hockey and then came on strong to only lose to BSU and Ferris after Christmas, but it still stings to start a season this way.

I didn't get to watch or listen to either game, but by looking at the box score, we seem to be undisciplined as hell, need to fix that and fast, can't win when you're playing down a man half the game.
        Last edited by bose301s; 10-02-2016, 07:16 PM.
        2005-2006: 7-25-6
        2006-2007: 18-17-5
        2007-2008: 14-20-5
        2008-2009: 6-25-7
        2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
          It just sucks to see this, we have been able to play with anyone in the country the past 3 seasons and win most of them the past 2, this seems like a step backwards to me, which I honestly was not expecting. I know we lost some firepower and a great goalie last after last season, but we lost as much or more after the 14-15 season and didn't step as far back as this. I will say I do know we can come back from this as around Christmas of last year we were only playing .500 hockey and then came on strong to only lose to BSU and Ferris after Christmas, but it still stings to start a season this way.

I didn't get to watch or listen to either game, but by looking at the box score, we seem to be undisciplined as hell, need to fix that and fast, can't win when you're playing down a man half the game.
          that bold part is why I'll just ignore the rest of your whining. I didn't watch or listen either but I know that UMD is a good team and that official practice started yesterday. This team will have s good season, this was just a very difficult way to start. They bounced back from yesterday which was nice but couldn't hang on. We must remember that this was NCHC refs, and a road series. Stop over reacting, you do this at some point every year.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            that bold part is why I'll just ignore the rest of your whining. I didn't watch or listen either but I know that UMD is a good team and that official practice started yesterday. This team will have s good season, this was just a very difficult way to start. They bounced back from yesterday which was nice but couldn't hang on. We must remember that this was NCHC refs, and a road series. Stop over reacting, you do this at some point every year.
            And I'll continue doing it forever
            2005-2006: 7-25-6
            2006-2007: 18-17-5
            2007-2008: 14-20-5
            2008-2009: 6-25-7
            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              We must remember that this was NCHC refs, and a road series.
              And your microphone was faulty.

Comment

I thought there were a number of issues for us this weekend, but Baretta played very well, Kero played quite well also aside from the one leaker goal, and there are a lot of little things that can be cleaned up. We could really use more face-off wins though, a better power play, and fewer dumb mistakes defensively.
                A much, much better effort than on saturday.
                I thought the refs could have been more consistent for both sides and some of the icing calls were inaccurate.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
                  Best in college hockey IMHO
                  Dirk is outstanding. Tech hockey has always been in great broadcast shape! Bob Olson is a legend and Dirk is simply one of the best.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Saturday was horrible. Just...nothing good at all to say about that embarrassing performance.

Sunday, they played much better, and in my opinion, undisciplined is not the right word. I didn't get that impression watching the game. Some stuff to clean up, but not as bad as it would look just looking at the box score. The officiating on Sunday was terrible. Uneven, inconsistent...couldn't even call icing right, since there were about 4 bad calls on icing only. Hell, they called offsides on Tech, when Tech was going into their own defensive zone. They called a blatant intentional elbow to the head only a 2 minute penalty... For the team, I really liked what I saw the first 2 periods, they looked very good, against a very good team. They got sloppy in the 3rd, gave up too many scoring chances on D, and paid the price. I thought Kero played well, and think with a few more games under his belt he'll be a fine replacement for Phillips.

Also, the in-arena production at Amsoil might be some of the worst in all of hockey. The sound was terrible. Music too loud to hear the announcer talking at the same time, extremely loud and distorted radio play calls played after each UMD goal, that you can hardly understand. I'm not sure if that is just poor sound quality, or just the fact that Ciskie is ****ing terrible as a play by play guy. How a team like UMD can put up with a hack like Ciskie is beyond me. Overall, the in-arena experience left much to be desired, which I found odd, because on previous visits to Amsoil, I didn't think it was bad at all.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post

Also, the in-arena production at Amsoil might be some of the worst in all of hockey. The sound was terrible. Music too loud to hear the announcer talking at the same time, extremely loud and distorted radio play calls played after each UMD goal, that you can hardly understand. I'm not sure if that is just poor sound quality, or just the fact that Ciskie is ****ing terrible as a play by play guy. How a team like UMD can put up with a hack like Ciskie is beyond me. Overall, the in-arena experience left much to be desired, which I found odd, because on previous visits to Amsoil, I didn't think it was bad at all.
                      They've been tweaking the audio system to fit what the fans suggested on their Fan Interest Survey's. Your Ciskie hate is comical. I'm not sure how people like Dirk seeing how each time he gets excited it sounds like he had a balloon full of helium right before.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        They've been tweaking the audio system to fit what the fans suggested on their Fan Interest Survey's. Your Ciskie hate is comical. I'm not sure how people like Dirk seeing how each time he gets excited it sounds like he had a balloon full of helium right before.
                        No ciskie hate here, but the audio was a bit rough, no doubt of that. They need to pass a collection plate around to get the rights to play the entire Zamboni song
                        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

2016-17 Season Thread

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ason-of-Hockey

Comment

Working...
                          X