Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: frozen four attendance

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Loved Milwaukee. Best food ever at any Major League Baseball Park - the old County Stadium. Brats and roast beef sandwiches...no comparison to the crap served at Fenway. Only an hour and a half from Chicago and some nice areas around Lake Michigan.
    I will take a Sausage King outside Fenway over any brat, anywhere. Midwestern food is highly overrated, hence the reason I scoff at deep dish pizza and all the other strange things they eat. I went to a rehearsal dinner in Madison Wisconsin and the main course was fried sunfish, ***?
    Last edited by LTsatch; 05-26-2016, 11:32 PM.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
      I will take a Sausage King outside Fenway over any brat, anywhere. Midwestern food is highly overrated, hence the reason I scoff at deep dish pizza and all the other strange things they eat. I went to a rehearsal dinner in Madison Wisconsin and the main course was fried sunfish, ***?
      Wisconsin also has a thing for dead deer - not for cooking them, but for schtüpping them. It also has a high propensity for producing of serial killers. Frying sunfish, personal time with deer, 12 of 20 top cities in per capita alcohol consumption, and news stories about brother and sister transporting a goat in their car with intent for carnal knowledge. It all adds up to serial killers. Be scared when driving through the popcorn boxed wearing skunk state.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        Midwestern food blows away anything you can get on the coast.

Part of that is I hate seafood.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So half of you are gonna starve in Chicago this year
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by highspinal View Post
            I lurk 99.999% of the time, so I thought I might pipe up.
            Things have changed with all of the realignments within the conferences recently. Gone are some of the best rivalries.
            That being said, having a Frozen Four in some place that isn't "hockey country" doesn't make sense to me.
            I recall the epic crowds in some early 2000's Finals, especially the one at the Xcel Center in St. Paul. I paid $300 for a ticket in nosebleed land. Of course, that was "The Perfect Storm" when Minnesota was in the Final, but I don't doubt that it wouldn't have been much cheaper had it been UND or Wisconsin.
            It might take some time for the conferences to shake out, but it doesn't do anyone any good to put these finals in someplace where hockey is only a distraction.
            Tampa attendance
            Game 1: 17816
            Game 2: 18037
            Game 3: 19358

Frozen Four total: 55211

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              Tampa attendance
              Game 1: 17816
              Game 2: 18037
              Game 3: 19358

Frozen Four total: 55211
              I totally missed that point. This was my first time in Tampa. I can see why people like doing Tampa. It was amazing.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I totally missed that point. This was my first time in Tampa. I can see why people like doing Tampa. It was amazing.
                My guess is the people who say a FF should not be held in Tampa have never been to a FF in Tampa.

Comment

Agreed. I was extremely skeptical about Tampa. I came away wondering when it will next be there.
                  Code:

Comment

Agreed. I was extremely skeptical about Tampa. I came away wondering when it will next be there.
                    Having been to the 1999 NHL All Star Game at Tampa, I knew they would do a great job. When the naysayers scoffed at the choice of Tampa for the Frozen Four, all I could think is, "Wait 'til you get there!"
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

2020 most likely.

Comment

2020? But I want it noooow!!
                        Code:

Comment

Working...
                        X