Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: frozen four attendance

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Why is this such a big deal? Basketball doesn't have separate admission. Leaving in between games is overrated. I went to the fours last year around 2 and ate. Get a snack later in between games.
    Agreed. It's amazing what hockey fans will complain about. "I'm paying $200 for a ticket! Let me eat dinner!!!!!!!!" Let them leave in between games if they want and stamp their hand or something.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Amalie was selling beer and invited good trucks in. Pretty sure they made good money on the beers between games
      BS UMass Lowell 2015
      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

I go to the Frozen Four almost every year. This year was the worst for fan treatment that I remember. Clearing the arena with less than 2.5 hours between games is just stupid, but that's the NCAA. Concession prices were outrageous, concession stands mostly absent from the club area, no escalator to the club area. I enjoyed the Tampa area, but I won't be back for another Frozen Four here.

Comment

• Originally posted by golfsarg View Post
          I go to the Frozen Four almost every year. This year was the worst for fan treatment that I remember. Clearing the arena with less than 2.5 hours between games is just stupid, but that's the NCAA. Concession prices were outrageous, concession stands mostly absent from the club area, no escalator to the club area. I enjoyed the Tampa area, but I won't be back for another Frozen Four here.
          The decision to clear the arena was not made by anyone in Tampa. That was made by the NCAA. Don't hold it against them.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            The decision to clear the arena was not made by anyone in Tampa. That was made by the NCAA. Don't hold it against them.
            Also concession prices are high everywhere.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by golfsarg View Post
              All of those are NCAA, not Tampa. BTW, players love playing here.
              "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                Also concession prices are high everywhere.
                Over the past year I've been to 3 NFL venues, a couple big league ballparks and hockey barns like Joe Louis Arena & the Kohl Center. All their 16-20 oz beers were in the $9 range.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Attendance: 19,358
                  3rd highest attendance for a final ever (Detroit and St Louis)

Comment

So the attendance for each of the three games
                    Game 1: 17816
                    Game 2: 18037
                    Game 3: 19358

Frozen Four total: 55211

I think the attendance worked out rather well and the NCAA will be eager to get the event back to Tampa sooner rather than later.

Comment

I said it in 2012 and I will say it again. Tampa should be permanent host of the FF.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        Attendance: 19,358
                        3rd highest attendance for a final ever (Detroit and St Louis)
                        Thank you Fighting Hawk fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                          Thank you Fighting Hawk fans.
                          There's no question that they packed the place, but I'd be curious to know what the difference would have been had UND not been in the frozen four. That is to say, how many UND fans would have been there regardless.

Another pretty fantastic event in Tampa. Those of you who came got some pristine weather (again). And the hockey games were pretty good as well. I hope they'll send it back here in 5 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            There's no question that they packed the place, but I'd be curious to know what the difference would have been had UND not been in the frozen four. That is to say, how many UND fans would have been there regardless.

Another pretty fantastic event in Tampa. Those of you who came got some pristine weather (again). And the hockey games were pretty good as well. I hope they'll send it back here in 5 years or so.
                            Taking a random guess, if it was a city that was considered a vacation city (Tampa, Denver, StL,) outside of the immediate regions of college hockey (NE and MN 5 state area*), attendance would be good. Maybe 15K on average?

*MN, WI, ND, SD, IA
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Taking a random guess, if it was a city that was considered a vacation city (Tampa, Denver, StL,) outside of the immediate regions of college hockey (NE and MN 5 state area*), attendance would be good. Maybe 15K on average?

*MN, WI, ND, SD, IA
                              Denver and StL are vacation cities? If we're going that vacation route, why not consider Nashville, New Orleans or Las Vegas FFs?
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                Denver and StL are vacation cities? If we're going that vacation route, why not consider Nashville, New Orleans or Las Vegas FFs?
                                I would be on board with that.

Columbus? Really? Pittsburgh? Nah. Philly? Ok, maybe. The cities you and I mentioned are better than the previous 3, IMO.

Edit: if it was Vegas, I might just schedule a one-way trip. Playing the odds, and all.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X