frozen four attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: frozen four attendance

I stayed in Ybor for 203. A five minute streetcar ride.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      I remember the hassle of going to Saskatchewan with just my father as a 12-year-old for a hunting trip...all the questions directed at me to make sure my dad was actually my dad and that he wasn't trafficking me across the boarder or running away from my mom to keep custody of me or something...
      The exact same thing happened to my then 12 year old son and myself while attending the 2003 Frozen Four in Buffalo when we attempted to walk across the bridge to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. Same exact questioning. Must be standard procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by maineiac View Post
        The exact same thing happened to my then 12 year old son and myself while attending the 2003 Frozen Four in Buffalo when we attempted to walk across the bridge to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. Same exact questioning. Must be standard procedure.
        makes sense, just alot for a 12 year old to digest without being thoroughly confused why they're asking these questions...
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Was able to get 4 nights at the Marriott Waterside (across the street from Embassy Suites) for 199 a night.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            makes sense, just alot for a 12 year old to digest without being thoroughly confused why they're asking these questions...
            Many years back, while I was still coaching youth hockey, we went to Canada for a tournament. One of our better player's parents were divorced. Mom had custody, but didn't accompany him; he went up with a friend and the friend's parents, who had his birth certificate and custody documentation. We were sweating bullets that they wouldn't let him into Canada. Fortunately, he got in with only a minor delay.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
              Did you go through the travel agent who posted on USCHO? That is a good rate. Personally, I'm not a fan of Embassy Suites. My group viewed it as a vacation so we were not that sensitive about price.
              I did. I go through her most years. She usually gets good rates at the hotel closest to the arena. Very convenient being literally a 5 min. walk from the arena.

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
              That's a great rate. We paid 369 to stay at the same hotel. When did you book?
              Last Fall.

Comment

We did VRBO and had a nice little remodeled one bedroom house for $75 a night only 2 miles from the Arena. Parking was really easy, although it did involve a 1/2 mile walk. Lots of Ubers around and with only a couple miles, each trip was under $10. At a place like Tampa, I'm going to need/want a car anyway to experience more than just hockey and whats around the arena. Definitely would do Tampa again, although I really would like Nashville, Dallas and Phoenix in the mix. Seattle in 5 years would be nice too!

Comment

• Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                  Boston in the summer is going to be expensive. It is a relatively small city with a large influx of international tourists. Prices are high. FWIW, the highest prices I've paid for a Frozen Four were the ones in Tampa. We paid just over $400 per night a room. They obviously raised them for the event but we wanted to be close to the arena. We paid around $250 in Boston and were one block from the Commons.
                  We booked in October knowing that we'd be going regardless of who was playing. Several hotels were ~200$/night within a reasonable walking distance to Amalie. We stayed at the converted courthouse (now owned by Starwood) for $175/night. It was 0.8 miles to the rink, 0.25 miles to the Riverwalk and museums, with quite a few decent restaurants in the area. I thought it was a reasonable price for a hotel.

Comment

Mookie booked with points. Ended up $77 out of pocket for 4 nights valet pkg
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      Mookie booked with points. Ended up $77 out of pocket for 4 nights valet pkg
                      ...plus extra for greens fees...

Comment

For the record, the usual business practice is you can book a hotel room up to 50 weeks in advance. I highly recommend taking that route for the F4.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          ...plus extra for greens fees...
                          Mookie rarely pays green fees...

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Mookie rarely pays green fees...
                            They usually catch him after he's sneaked on and gotten 4-5 holes in. Then they chase him off.
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                              They usually catch him after he's sneaked on and gotten 4-5 holes in. Then they chase him off.
                              Thereby explaining why it never takes him 4 1/2 hours to play a round...

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                                The trick of course is jumping the fence near the 4-5 holes you really want to play

Comment

Working...
                                X