Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Cloud
    replied
    Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Remember also that Curadi is a NHS kid so they could tailor a scholly package for him with academic moneys as well.
    That's the bonus with the top students - and you would think top students would be attracted to RPI anyway. It's a win-win.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
    I wonder if SA was indeed looking at Scott yesterday, if that means Curadi declined RPI's offer. I really cant see us recruiting 2 more defenseman for next year, although it would be real nice to see both these guys, especially Curadi and his enormous frame in Troy next year, but I gotta think the scholarship money is running a bit thin by now.
    Remember also that Curadi is a NHS kid so they could tailor a scholly package for him with academic moneys as well.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

I wonder if SA was indeed looking at Scott yesterday, if that means Curadi declined RPI's offer. I really cant see us recruiting 2 more defenseman for next year, although it would be real nice to see both these guys, especially Curadi and his enormous frame in Troy next year, but I gotta think the scholarship money is running a bit thin by now.
    Cerrtainly possible, but I read in at least one place that scouts feel Curadi would benefit from two years in the BCHL before heading off to school. So he could be a '11 guy. He was a multi-sport kid who didn't commit solely to hockey until late in H.S.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    ... You don't just move on to the next guy, you've already been working on the next guy.
    Well said RC.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Doesn't mean squat from our perspective. As a coach, unless you get yourself to the point where recruits are coming to YOU instead of the other way around, you're recruiting more bodies than you can use, because they aren't all coming to Troy. If Curadi (or Scott, or whoever) turns you down, you still need someone to fill a role on the team. You don't just move on to the next guy, you've already been working on the next guy.
    That is what i like about SA-you don't see him wasting any time. As far as recruiting goes at least, he always seems to have a plan B ready.

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Doesn't mean squat from our perspective. As a coach, unless you get yourself to the point where recruits are coming to YOU instead of the other way around, you're recruiting more bodies than you can use, because they aren't all coming to Troy. If Curadi (or Scott, or whoever) turns you down, you still need someone to fill a role on the team. You don't just move on to the next guy, you've already been working on the next guy.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

That crossed my mind also. It seems, however, that SA isn't usually concerned about such events and will deal with them if they occur.

BTW, Scott also plays RW.

Leave a comment:

• redhead18
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I suspect that you got the right player, but I thought that SA only recruits transfers who previously played college hockey for teams nicknamed Falcons (Burgdoerfer-Air Force, Bailen-BGSU, Zarbo-Bentley).
    I hope he is the one as well...size and speed at the blueline. Seth certainly will lay the red carpet (cloud?) out for him.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Yep. It's that time again.

*****http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ocMQSqVjweA/SGYEckQ91aI/AAAAAAAAAXI/BsrXbttLo4E/s400/FACEPALM.jpg******
    You have to find a picture with a Red Cloud using a facepalm, not a Baer.

BTW, I earlier made the comment that we accept transfers only from teams called Falcons, and someone suggested that Michael Vick was next.

Scott is from Pennsylvania. http://www.gophershockeytickets.com/...rs/Grant+Scott

Leave a comment:

• Red Cloud
    replied

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I suspect that you got the right player, but I thought that SA only recruits transfers who previously played college hockey for teams nicknamed Falcons (Burgdoerfer-Air Force, Bailen-BGSU, Zarbo-Bentley).
    Yep. It's that time again.

*****http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ocMQSqVjweA/SGYEckQ91aI/AAAAAAAAAXI/BsrXbttLo4E/s400/FACEPALM.jpg******

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

From the list of players GLM listed on the season thread that SA might have been looking at last night in Fargo, I kinda hope it was Dman, Grant Scott. From CHN:

He also played for the US U-18 Team back in 2008. Im sure SA can provide him all the playing time he wants at RPI. He also has a talented younger brother Clay, whom as of July was uncommitted, from ushr:

With some more research, I found out that Scott took part in the 2007 US Hockey Select 17 Festival in St. Cloud, MN. During the Festival they select an Under-18 Team to compete in the Hlinka Tournament which in 07 Seth was AC for.

Leave a comment:

• redhead18
    replied

From the list of players GLM listed on the season thread that SA might have been looking at last night in Fargo, I kinda hope it was Dman, Grant Scott. From CHN:
    Minnesota freshman Grant Scott has decided to leave school and play in the United States Hockey League. Scott, a highly-touted recruit, had played in just one game this season. "He wanted to play," coach Don Lucia told Minnesota Daily.
    He also played for the US U-18 Team back in 2008. Im sure SA can provide him all the playing time he wants at RPI. He also has a talented younger brother Clay, whom as of July was uncommitted, from ushr:
    6’2”, 194 lb. Clay Scott (#7 White) – Has size and heavy shot. One of top scoring D here. Brother of Gophers’ Grant Scott. Plays at Shady Side Academy in Pittsburgh. Uncommitted.
    With some more research, I found out that Scott took part in the 2007 US Hockey Select 17 Festival in St. Cloud, MN. During the Festival they select an Under-18 Team to compete in the Hlinka Tournament which in 07 Seth was AC for.
    Grant was not selected for the Hlinka team however.
    Last edited by redhead18; 12-17-2009, 08:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Link to a PDF with the CCHL rosters for the two Battle of Ontario games. http://www.thecchl.com/view/cchl/cchl-news/news_8634

Both Nick Quinn and Patrick Koudys were selected for the Young Stars game. That means that all three of our eligible recruits (plus target Eric Ming) were selected to participate.

Mark Jooris is one of the CCHL coaches.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Small world
    Should make for an interesting time in the locker room.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X