Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    And the Clarkson Pep Band had to play after four goals by JL.
    I was actually at this game Thursday night, the band consisted of 7-8 members who also happened to mess up the US national anthem. Maybe some pre-season bugs need to be worked out. But they were put down behind the glass in the Hawkesbury zone which sort of muffled there sound. I got some nice pictures and a few videos of JL(including one of him scoring his second goal) which I hope to have up online when I get back to the states Monday.

I think Doc's predicition that he will be a star at RPI is 100 percent on the money.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
      I was actually at this game Thursday night, the band consisted of 7-8 members who also happened to mess up the US national anthem. Maybe some pre-season bugs need to be worked out. But they were put down behind the glass in the Hawkesbury zone which sort of muffled there sound. I got some nice pictures and a few videos of JL(including one of him scoring his second goal) which I hope to have up online when I get back to the states Monday.

I think Doc's predicition that he will be a star at RPI is 100 percent on the money.
      Thanks for remembering-I don't normally predict who will do well but he just stands out as a potential great college level player. I havent said that since Brad Tapper and before that Joey Juneau. He just seems so well suited to the college game.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Thanks for remembering-I don't normally predict who will do well but he just stands out as a potential great college level player. I havent said that since Brad Tapper and before that Joey Juneau. He just seems so well suited to the college game.
        That is great company to be in. I hope that you are correct in your assessment.

Now lets drop the puck for this year.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

You picked a good game to attend. Did JL's brother Yanik look worthy of our attention?
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Article about the Laliberte brothers http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...true&e=1760362.

Also:
            "Obviously the best captains (historically) who have done well in sport have had lots of leadership around them,'' MacInnis said. "Jacob has great support, and he does what he does on the ice so well. To understand what he does everyday, that's leadership. He's the first one on the ice, the last one off -- he's a hard-working guy. He hones his skills. He'd stay on the ice all day if he could.''
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Saturday, the Burlington Cougars lost to the Cobourg Cougars 3-2. Patrick Koudys had no points or penalties. http://cchl.stats.pointstreak.com/bo...gameid=1089731

Koudys's line is now 5-0-0-0-2.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Saturday, the Aurora Tigers beat the Brampton Capitals 7-2. Nick Quinn had no points or penalties. http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1075970

Quinn's line is now 1-0-0-0-0.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                  Jacob Laliberté        C Cornwall Colts (CJHL)         4- 6- 4- 10-  2 09/20/09
                  Matt Tinordi          LW Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)          5- 2- 2-  4-  0 09/22/09
                  Nick Bailen           RD Indiana Ice (USHL)            0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/25/09
                  Nick Quinn            LD Aurora Tigers (OJAHL)         1- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/20/09
                  Greg Burgdoerfer      RW not playing                   0- 0- 0-  0-  0

Patrick Koudys        LD Burlington Cougars (CCHL)     5- 0- 0-  0-  2 09/20/09

2010 women
                  Madison Marzario      RD Shattuck St Mary's            0- 0- 0-  0-  0
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Sunday, the Burlington Cougars beat the Stouffville Spirit 6-2. Patrick Koudys had an assist and a hooking penalty. http://cchl.stats.pointstreak.com/bo...gameid=1089740

Koudys's line is now 6-0-1-1-4.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Sunday, the Aurora Tigers lost to the Oakville Blades 5-4. Nick Quinn had no points or penalties. http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1075985

Quinn's line is now 2-0-0-0-0.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Sunday, the Cornwall Colts beat the Nepean Raiders 4-2. Jacob Laliberté scored a goal. http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...gameid=1047959

Laliberté's line is now 5-7-4-11-2.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                          Jacob Laliberté        C Cornwall Colts (CJHL)         5- 7- 4- 11-  2 09/23/09
                          Matt Tinordi          LW Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)          5- 2- 2-  4-  0 09/22/09
                          Nick Bailen           RD Indiana Ice (USHL)            0- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/25/09
                          Nick Quinn            LD Aurora Tigers (OJAHL)         2- 0- 0-  0-  0 09/25/09
                          Greg Burgdoerfer      RW not playing                   0- 0- 0-  0-  0

Patrick Koudys        LD Burlington Cougars (CCHL)     6- 0- 1-  1-  4 09/26/09

2010 women
                          Madison Marzario      RD Shattuck St Mary's            0- 0- 0-  0-  0
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            You picked a good game to attend. Did JL's brother Yanik look worthy of our attention?
                            Yanik was very quick, he didnt get as much ice time as I would have liked to see. I believe he's only 16 right now so he does need to build up his strength a little bit, but I think he could be gamer just like his brother. I did get some pictures and a video of him as well that im hoping to have online sometime this week.

Comment

The Colts game program had a feature story on JL, since I dont see a link for it anyplace on the Colts website I had to type it out.

Jacob Laliberte: Aiming High With No Regrets

Jacob Laliberte came to the Cornwall Colts late last season in the trade that sent Damian Cross to Pembroke. While he was only with the team for a short time (18 regular season games) he made the most of it, scoring 16 times and adding 13 assists.

According to Laliberte, getting a fresh start right from training camp should make for an even better result. "Its more comfortable for sure," says Laliberte, "knowing the system of the Colts, knowing the guys, knowing Ian and getting to know the city. I think it will make my play better as well."

Laliberte plays a game that relies on speed, so having line mates who compliment that style is an added bonus. "Yeah, Shane Avery and Eric Ming are great to play with," says Laliberte. "Avery is a speedy guy, he has a good shot and he can put the puck in the net. Ming is a young kid, but he is learning every day and he knows how to move the puck and he creates space out there. "We're a really fast team. We're not the biggest but those big guys they have to catch us before they can hit us."

Laliberte earned a full scholarship to RPI as a 17 year old with the Hawkesbury Hawks, but chose to continue playing in the CJHL to continue his development. "I was supposed to go last year, but I decided to put it off a year so that I could be ready off the ice for that type of hockey and the environment."

Laliberte loves the game, and if he had his way he would play forever. He plans to pursue an educational path that will allow him to be a gym teacher or something similar that will keep him involved in sports.

I think we have a team that has a shot at winning the cup, so I guess my goal would be to win a championship that would be my ultimate goal. I want to play my game and be satisfied when the season is done.
                              Last edited by redhead18; 09-21-2009, 07:15 AM.

Comment

The Colts game program had a feature story on JL, since I dont see a link for it anyplace on the Colts website I had to type it out.
                                Great job Red. You win the prize (see Ralph to collect)-- you're the first one to get to one of our recruits game this season..nice.

I like the fact that Jacob still appears committed to heading our way...time will tell of course. Although I'm not sure what field of study at the 'tute gets you to a Phys. Ed. teaching degree....
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X