Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Code:
    Jacob Laliberté        C Cornwall Colts (CJHL)        26-32-27- 59- 16 12/10/09
    Brock Higgs           LW Kingston Voyageurs (OJAHL)   23-11-18- 29- 38 12/10/09
    Matt Tinordi          LW Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)         33-11-10- 21- 38 12/11/09
    Nick Bailen           RD Indiana Ice (USHL)           21- 3-12- 15- 32 12/10/09
    Nick Quinn            LD Aurora Tigers (OJAHL)        10- 2- 7-  9-  6
                             Orangeville Crushers (CCHL)  14- 2- 2-  4- 12 12/09/09
                             Total                        24- 4- 9- 13- 18
    Greg Burgdoerfer      RW not playing                   0- 0- 0-  0-  0

Patrick Koudys        LD Burlington Cougars (CCHL)    30- 4-18- 22- 24 12/11/09

2010 women
    Jordan Smelker        LW Team Alaska U19              10- 7- 8- 15-  0 12/27/09
    Madison Marzario      RD Shattuck St Mary's           12- 0- 4-  4- 24 12/10/09 missing 2 games
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

If you're into reading the tea leaves, Ming in the past has talked about playing at NCAA school RPI near Albany being a dream of his. He visited the Harvard campus in the Cambridge section of Boston last year, and he's being looked at by many of the ECAC teams.
      http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2209260
      Warning: article sounds like an advertisement for the OHL...

Eric Ming stats

I was really glad it was Kitchener because they’re a team that I’ve heard good things about and really wanted to go there.”
      Golden Knights Roundtable

Comment

Thanks, Mike. You certainly got that fast since the Standard Freeholder puts its articles up at 8 AM eastern time. I wonder how he gets along with teammate JL.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From post 119 of this thread:
          says Laliberte. "Avery is a speedy guy, he has a good shot and he can put the puck in the net. Ming is a young kid, but he is learning every day and he knows how to move the puck and he creates space out there
          I don't think that Ming is skating on the same line as JL now.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Thanks, Mike. You certainly got that fast since the Standard Freeholder puts its articles up at 8 AM eastern time. I wonder how he gets along with teammate JL.
            Google "real time" results...

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/...-time-web.html

You have a new source of news feeds!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&e...ockey&aqi=g-c2
            Golden Knights Roundtable

Comment

Originally posted by miker View Post
              http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2209260
              Warning: article sounds like an advertisement for the OHL...
              Standard operating procedure at the Standard-Freeloader.
              Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

I was actually looking for something about Eric Ming, but at the very end of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mv0z5uASkU about the Spink twins, there is a nice shot of JL scoring on a feed from one of them.

Edit: Ming (#22) does score at about 2:10 on the video.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-08-2009, 06:07 AM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Eric Ming (#22) scores at about 20 seconds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXsatHgln50.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ming was actually one of the players that stood out to me when I saw the Colts play Hawkesbury back in September. Seemed to be a real smooth skater with a bit of a physical edge to his game. During the game he really layed out a couple of Hawkesbury players, one happened right in front of me and I still remember the look on the face of the Hawks player as he got up from the ice.

Comment

If Laliberte maintains his commitment and comes to Troy next fall, I like our chances in landing Ming. But that is of course a WAG on my part. Appert seems to have a penchant for landing recruit teammates Brutlag/Polcaek, Pirri/O'Grady & Laliberte/Ming? Now if we could get him to recruit some corn-fed boys from the BCHL, we'd be all set.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                        Ming was actually one of the players that stood out to me when I saw the Colts play Hawkesbury back in September. Seemed to be a real smooth skater with a bit of a physical edge to his game. During the game he really layed out a couple of Hawkesbury players, one happened right in front of me and I still remember the look on the face of the Hawks player as he got up from the ice.
                        That's good to hear about Ming.

I agree with Wicked that it if JL comes to Troy it increases our chances of getting Ming, probably for 2011.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I have a feeling tha there is a good chance that some prospective recruits might show up today since not may teams play on Wednesday.

The first of the two CJHL Prospect games is today; the second tomorrow.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I have a feeling tha there is a good chance that some prospective recruits might show up today since not may teams play on Wednesday.

The first of the two CJHL Prospect games is today; the second tomorrow.
                            Are you saying you want me to go over the HFH for practice?
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I agree with Wicked that it if JL comes to Troy it increases our chances of getting Ming, probably for 2011.
                              This is one thing that makes me just a little nervous, especially after reading what was said on the season thread about JL during the RPI game Saturday. That along with the fact that we have recruited 2 more extra forwards then what is leaving next year. Hopefully that person was just blowing smoke and JL will indeed be an Engineer next year.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                                This is one thing that makes me just a little nervous, especially after reading what was said on the season thread about JL during the RPI game Saturday. That along with the fact that we have recruited 2 more extra forwards then what is leaving next year. Hopefully that person was just blowing smoke and JL will indeed be an Engineer next year.
                                Don't let # of forwards coming in fool you, Appert wants competition on every line..and he fully intends to have more bodies than spots. Plus, he needs insurance against the ever-present possibility that Chicago or Toronto will come looking for Pirri and D'Amigo before they are handed diplomas.

As RB said before, we've heard all of the JL scuttlebutt before and more, including emphatic proclamations that JL was definitely, absolutely headed for the MJ's this fall. Bottom line for me is if JL was headed there, he'd already be there...he wouldn't be biding his time skating circles around overmatched defenders in the CJHL.

Don't get me wrong, I won't be convinced until JL gets fitted for his RPI practice jersey, but it is important to take whatever you hear from "insiders" or parents in the stands with several piles of salt. For all we know, the kid belonging to that father is a goalie who gets lit up daily by JL in practice.
                                Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 12-08-2009, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X