Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Also, an interview with his mom on WFAN radio...talking about his attendance as an invitee to the Rangers rookie camp this past summer. (Also in attendance were ECAC keepers Kincaid and Scrivens) He sounds like a high character, very mature, level-headed kid. Solid grades -- National and Latin Honor Society...getting him admitted shouldn't be a problem. Chose Penticton (BCHL) over Lincoln (USHL) Mom comes on first, Luke joins in about 1/3 way thru. College talk comes at the final 1/4 of the track...no insight though.

http://podcast.wfan.com/wfan/1833948.mp3
    Nice interview.

I wonder why he decided to break off with UMA.

I'd be surprised if Col. Knowlton didn't know him and his parents.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
    According to USHR, potential RPI goalie recruit Colin Stevens has been asked to fill in for the US Under 18 Team, while current goalie Jack Campbell is playing for the US National Team at the WJC's. Stevens should return to the Jr. B's in early January.
    That's good to hear. If he is that good, I wonder why he is on the Empire League team.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

I really do not want to think about this kid yet because iIwould hate to be disappointed (as i was with Jarred Tinordi). If we land him though, it will call for a celebration in this household.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

I can only hope this is a good omen. Link below to a 6/09 AJHL newsletter featuring a story on Curadi appearing below a piece on some kid named D'AMIGO.

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/member...ne_09.pdf?dec=
    That came up for me too when I googled "Luke Curadi" rpi OR rensselaer.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

I can only hope this is a good omen. Link below to a 6/09 AJHL newsletter featuring a story on Curadi appearing below a piece on some kid named D'AMIGO.

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/member...ne_09.pdf?dec=

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

As usual, sounds like we're up against the big boys for this kid...

"...Other Hockey East schools have contacted him, but Curadi would like to branch out of the Northeast. He has targeted college hockey powerhouses in the Midwest like North Dakota, Miami of Ohio and Ohio State."

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2...f510048012.txt

Also, an interview with his mom on WFAN radio...talking about his attendance as an invitee to the Rangers rookie camp this past summer. (Also in attendance were ECAC keepers Kincaid and Scrivens) He sounds like a high character, very mature, level-headed kid. Solid grades -- National and Latin Honor Society...getting him admitted shouldn't be a problem. Chose Penticton (BCHL) over Lincoln (USHL) Mom comes on first, Luke joins in about 1/3 way thru. College talk comes at the final 1/4 of the track...no insight though.

http://podcast.wfan.com/wfan/1833948.mp3
    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 12-10-2009, 06:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Senna
    replied

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    I am totally flabbergasted! This is my kind of recruit.I would offer him 2 scholarships!!!
    I post all the time about the team and what seems like chemistry and camaraderie...imagine having Pirri, D'Amigo, Lee, Cullen, JL, and BIG little brother coming to the show !! Now THAT would be hot !

Leave a comment:

• redhead18
    replied

According to USHR, potential RPI goalie recruit Colin Stevens has been asked to fill in for the US Under 18 Team, while current goalie Jack Campbell is playing for the US National Team at the WJC's. Stevens should return to the Jr. B's in early January.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    Wow, kudos to Col. Knowlton for this one then, eh?
    Never thought of that GLM...that connection won't hurt RPI one bit. One of the articles I glanced mentioned Luke have skated on the rink at West Point Knowlton may well know or have met papa bear...stranger things have happened.

Leave a comment:

• GreatLakerMohawk
    replied

Turns out the kid was born at West Point. Dad is a stud chopper pilot -- certs for 5 military aircraft, 4 civilian, night vision, etc. -- serving another tour in Iraq. Luke used to play baseball - a pitcher - until he quit it out of boredom and in frustration because he "couldn't hit anyone..."
    Wow, kudos to Col. Knowlton for this one then, eh?

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Turns out the kid was born at West Point. Dad is a stud chopper pilot -- certs for 5 military aircraft, 4 civilian, night vision, etc. -- serving another tour in Iraq. Luke used to play baseball - a pitcher - until he quit it out of boredom and in frustration because he "couldn't hit anyone..."

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied

Link to a summer article re: Curadi's arrival in Penticton.

Doc, you might want to sit down --- narrative includes: "Football big...Physical force.....Curadi being perhaps a touch bigger, and more polished than Bigos (Oilers pick Kyle) when he entered the league..."

Also in the link is a You tube clip of Curadi with the Jr. Wolfpack absolutely annihilating an overmatched kid at center ice.....

http://pentictonvees.podbean.com/200...the-big-story/
    I am totally flabbergasted! This is my kind of recruit.I would offer him 2 scholarships!!!

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
    He's got a mean right hook. Hopefully he's willing to put it away for a few years to play college before getting to break it out in the pros.
    Or at least save it for the corner work...

Leave a comment:

• GRussinko
    replied

Doc, you might want to sit down --- narrative includes: "Football big...Physical force.....Curadi being perhaps a touch bigger, and more polished than Bigos (Oilers pick Kyle) when he entered the league..."

Also in the link is a You tube clip of Curadi with the Jr. Wolfpack absolutely annihilating an overmatched kid at center ice.....

He's got a mean right hook. Hopefully he's willing to put it away for a few years to play college before getting to break it out in the pros.

Leave a comment:

• Wicked Slappaahs
    replied

Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 12-10-2009, 05:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X