Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Originally posted by realet View Post
    Hey Ralph, I've always wondered. What's the method you use in placing people on that list? If I were running it the newest recruits would always be on the bottom, but you seem to interject them in different spots on the list.
    I order it by number of points although I sometimes forget to switch people. It would probably be better to do it by points per game.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yes, it is old news, but USHR's August articles http://ushr.com/news/20090801 are now free, so this can be posted:
      8/14/09

RPI Lands Another Top Recruit

RPI has received a commitment for the fall of ’10 from 6'0”, 190 lb. Ontario LD Nick Quinn. This gives the Engineers another key recruit to go along with forwards Brandon Pirri and Jerry D’Amigo

A great skater, Quinn is a high-end power play defenseman. He sees the ice and moves the puck extremely well. Having decided early on that he wanted to play his college hockey in the East, he received a batch of offers from Hockey East and ECAC teams, but his final decision came down to RPI and the University of Vermont.

A 6/12/92 birthdate, Quinn projects as a mid-to- possibly high round pick for the 2010 NHL draft. He was drafted by Sudbury (1st pick of the 2nd round) in the 2008 OHL draft.

With the Toronto Dixie Beehives (OJHL Central Division) last season, Quinn had a 9-16-25 with 56 pims.

This year, he will be playing for the Aurora Tigers (OJAHL). His head coach there, as was the case with the Beehives last season, is his father, Joe Quinn.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Yes, it is old news, but USHR's August articles http://ushr.com/news/20090801 are now free, so this can be posted:
        Thanks RB. His offensive numbers aren't quite jumping off of the sheet just yet, but the early going has been anything but calm for young Mr. Quinn. I'm glad he's Troy bound.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          Thanks RB. His offensive numbers aren't quite jumping off of the sheet just yet, but the early going has been anything but calm for young Mr. Quinn. I'm glad he's Troy bound.
          I wonder why he was not on the NHL CSB Players to Watch list if USHR considered him a mid- to high-round draft pick. It will be interesting to see how he performs in the CJHL Prospects Tournament.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I wonder why he was not on the NHL CSB Players to Watch list if USHR considered him a mid- to high-round draft pick. It will be interesting to see how he performs in the CJHL Prospects Tournament.
            I guess it wouldn't be the first time a kid got overlooked...all the better for us and him when he starts lighting things up at RPI!
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I guess it wouldn't be the first time a kid got overlooked...all the better for us and him when he starts lighting things up at RPI!
              Well, not necessarily. See, e.g., Brad Tapper. If he goes undrafted it substantially increases the incentive he'd have to go pro early.

Comment

He seems to be adjusting slowly, especailly offensively, for Orangeville.

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                Well, not necessarily. See, e.g., Brad Tapper. If he goes undrafted it substantially increases the incentive he'd have to go pro early.
                Good point, but there still is a good chance that he will be drafted.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                  How does not getting drafted force a kid to leave early?

Comment

How does not getting drafted force a kid to leave early?
                    He can get several offers like Tapper did. That isn't the case for drafted players. It doesn't force him to leave of course, but it increases the incentive.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

He can get several offers like Tapper did. That isn't the case for drafted players. It doesn't force him to leave of course, but it increases the incentive.
                      Exactly-Brad got 7 separate offers including a few that matched the league maximum for rookies. It is hard not to take those offers knowing you could get hurt at sometime in your college career and lose it all. I can say that it was an agonizing choice for him though as he did want to play one more year at RPI.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Its rare when any kid storms into D1 undrafted and lights it up...Sure it can happen but its rare.

More often, undrafted kids build a body of work over time and the ones who excel have the luxury of fielding offers their senior year. Pothier was a great example of this, as are many kids from the ECAC. Drafted kids face their own pressures and temptations from their parent clubs...some kids succumb and jump to pros, some not. DU's Rakhshani is a great recent example of a kid choosing to say no to the Isles, returning to captain the Pios.

Comment

Not getting drafted really hurt Matt Gilroy last year.
                          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Its rare when any kid storms into D1 undrafted and lights it up...Sure it can happen but its rare.
                            George Servinis
                            John Carter
                            Adam Oates
                            Mark Jooris
                            Jacob Laliberte
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Number of drafted players in the Top 5 national scoring:
                              Right Now: 1
                              2008-09: 2
                              2007-08: 3
                              2006-07: 3
                              2005-06: 1
                              2004-05: 2
                              2003-04: 3
                              2002-03: 1
                              2001-02: 3 (two of which were Matt Murley and Marc Cavosie)

Number of drafted players in the Top 5 GAA
                              2008-09: 1
                              2006-07: 2
                              2005-06: 2
                              2004-05: 1
                              2003-04: 0
                              2002-03: 2
                              2001-02: 1

I don't know, doesn't seem too rare to me.
                              Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                                Number of drafted players in the Top 5 national scoring:
                                2008-09: 2
                                2006-07: 3
                                2005-06: 1
                                2004-05: 2
                                2003-04: 3
                                2002-03: 1
                                2001-02: 3 (two of which were Matt Murley and Marc Cavosie)

Number of drafted players in the Top 5 GAA
                                2008-09: 1
                                2006-07: 2
                                2005-06: 2
                                2004-05: 1
                                2003-04: 0
                                2002-03: 2
                                2001-02: 1

I don't know, doesn't seem too rare to me.
                                OK, so maybe it isn't rare. My larger point was I don't care whether they are drafted or not..the kids that produce at the D1 level will get their shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X