Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2010 Recruit Thread: Give Me Laliberté or Give Me Death!

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Yes, but it is something else to think about. Until Seth came onboard it was easier to guess who was on scholarship and who wasn't. I read that he got the 'Tute admins to agree that hockey players were eligible for other scholarship money.

We now have hockey players receiving funds earmarked for minority students, for example. The NCAA has no problems with that, but in the past RPI did have problems with it.
    This was all going on while the bedwetters that GLM references were caterwauling about how the RPI administration would never allow hockey to get good players.

If anything, the fact that the administration is now opening other scholarship opportunities up to hockey players (they're STUDENT athletes after all, why shouldn't they be eligible for other scholarships? Technically I was eligible for a hockey scholarship, I just wasn't good enough to get one along with the other 99% of the school) is really a good reason not to worry about who's got what scholarships. Seth manages it and apparently he manages it well. I don't begrudge Union for passing out international aid to Canadians. They should.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

JL is happy to be back playing for Cornwall http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2169824.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

JL is happy to be back playing for Cornwall http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2169824.
        Thats good to hear, now he can start making his way back to the top of the league scoring chart.

If anyone is going upstate this weekend for the RPI games and wants to check Jacob out, his Colts are playing at Kemptville Sunday afternoon at 2pm. Kemptville is just a short hour drive from Canton.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
          Thats good to hear, now he can start making his way back to the top of the league scoring chart.

If anyone is going upstate this weekend for the RPI games and wants to check Jacob out, his Colts are playing at Kemptville Sunday afternoon at 2pm. Kemptville is just a short hour drive from Canton.
          For those who don't want to see JL, they can see Brock Higgs at Kingston at 2:30 on Sunday. It isn't much further.

We have done a good job in recruitng in Clarkson and SLU's backyard recently.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
            Has anything changed with regard to RPI not using LOI's?

Even if RPI doesn't use them, I assume that a lot of recruits will be making their decision this week. Shouldn't affect Terrence Wallin since he wouldn't be able to sign an LOI this week anyways (since he's a junior), even if he's choosing between RPI and someone else that does use LOI's.
            You said it better than I KS - wondering if the signing period might pop up some info on a name or two of kids we might've been eyeballing...who are either headed elsewhere or are still deciding. We're pretty full for next fall though. That hasn't stopped Appert in the past however.
            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 11-11-2009, 09:34 AM.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

For those who don't want to see JL...
              Impossible !
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                Impossible !
                They might have seen him already.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

They might have seen him already.
                  OK fair enough, although it sure wouldn't hurt for JL to see a few RPI fans in Cornwall to let him know we're thinking of him !! I guess trips to see Higgs are permissable...

Comment

Yes, but it is something else to think about. Until Seth came onboard it was easier to guess who was on scholarship and who wasn't. I read that he got the 'Tute admins to agree that hockey players were eligible for other scholarship money.

We now have hockey players receiving funds earmarked for minority students, for example. The NCAA has no problems with that, but in the past RPI did have problems with it.
                    I've heard that Nondorf was much more open to working with the hockey program than his predecessors. Coming from an Ivy League school he was well aware of how to use different admissions and aid strategies to achieve athletic objectives while maintaining an overall perception of exclusivity. Given the improving on-ice talent combined with solid classroom performance it appears he did a good job. I have no idea where the new guy stands on such issues but the fact that Seth and his coaches haven't slowed down one bit in building a pipeline of outstanding recruits is probably a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                      I've heard that Nondorf was much more open to working with the hockey program than his predecessors. Coming from an Ivy League school he was well aware of how to use different admissions and aid strategies to achieve athletic objectives while maintaining an overall perception of exclusivity. Given the improving on-ice talent combined with solid classroom performance it appears he did a good job. I have no idea where the new guy stands on such issues but the fact that Seth and his coaches haven't slowed down one bit in building a pipeline of outstanding recruits is probably a clue.
                      Excellent points 82. I met Nondorf at one of the banquets and he seemed to have a genuine interest in and familiarity with the team and the players. He understood that it was indeed possible to have excellent recruits who were very good students...the two are not mutually exclusive. I was sorry to see him go, but he couldn't pass up the Dean's job at Chicago.
                      Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 11-11-2009, 10:35 AM.

Comment

update of Marzario's stats

Code:
                        Jacob Laliberté        C Cornwall Colts (CJHL)        17-21-16- 37- 14 11/11/09
                        Brock Higgs           LW Kingston Voyageurs (OJAHL)   15- 8-15- 23- 24 11/12/09
                        Nick Quinn            LD Aurora Tigers (OJAHL)        10- 2- 7-  9-  6
                                                 Orangeville Crushers (CCHL)   5- 1- 1-  2-  2 11/13/09
                                                 Total                        15- 3- 8- 11-  8
                        Matt Tinordi          LW Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)         23- 4- 6- 10- 28 11/12/09
                        Nick Bailen           RD Indiana Ice (USHL)           11- 1- 7-  8- 12 11/13/09
                        Greg Burgdoerfer      RW not playing                   0- 0- 0-  0-  0

Patrick Koudys        LD Burlington Cougars (CCHL)    18- 3- 5-  8- 14 11/13/09

2010 women
                        Jordan Smelker        LW Team Alaska U19               8- 7- 5- 12-  0 11/26/09
                        Madison Marzario      RD Shattuck St Mary's           12- 0- 4-  4- 24 11/21/09
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Excellent points 82. I met Nondorf at one of the banquets and he seemed to have a genuine interest in and familiarity with the team and the players. He understood that it was indeed possible to have excellent recruits who were very good students...the two are not mutually exclusive. I was sorry to see him go, but he couldn't pass up the Dean's job at Chicago.
                          Not many students were sorry to see him go,

hell most that knew him were happy to see him go.

Comment

Originally posted by Laylat View Post
                            Not many students were sorry to see him go,

hell most that knew him were happy to see him go.
                            I don't know him personally, I met him once. But something sure as heck changed in the period he was there working with Appert.

Comment

If the Gunnery website is to be believed, the hockey team won't play its first game until 12/5/10...sounds late even for prep. In any event, they travel to Albany Academy on 1/24/10. By then, we may very well know whether Mr. Wallin is headed to Troy or not.

Comment

I don't know him personally, I met him once. But something sure as heck changed in the period he was there working with Appert.
                                SA could probably sell refrigerators to eskimos -- and he may have last month.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X