All-Time KRACH Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    The other project I'm working on is all time pair wise. Might be interesting. Not sure though.
    I just don't understand what the results mean, mathematically. Because we are looking over decades, is this showing who has had the most consistant teams but not necessarily the best teams?

Since each season for each team is relatively independent, particularly as time increases, I wonder if running KRACH for each season, than running statistical analysis on that dataset would not be more valid. But my statistics knowledge is rusty and I'm no expert.

As you go back before the NCAA era, definitely pre-WWII, I think that it becomes very difficult to differentiate between a club team and a varsity team.

I would like to see how UW has cratered in the last two seasons or is that a sufficently small part of the data set that it has little overall impact.

Comment

Re: All-Time KRACH Ratings

I wondered the same thing myself. But I thought it was an interesting mathematical exercise. I wanted to see what programs have had the best long term success as measured by KRACH and pair wise.

Regarding seasons, I have a macro in place to automatically progress through each season and record the results. I should have those up this weekend I'm hoping.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Re: All-Time KRACH Ratings

Oh, and I will say this, it's been a massive pain trying to reconcile school name changes. For instance, Michigan Tech has changed names a couple of times.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
        X