Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fundraiser for WCHA Ref Butch Mousseaux who was critically injured at WCHA Final Five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied
    Re: Fundraiser for WCHA Ref Butch Mousseaux who was critically injured at WCHA Final

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
    I can never figure out why announcers have to state information when they don't know what they are saying.
    Especially in a case like this. Mousseaux and his family certainly deserve better than that.

Leave a comment:

• Iwearpurple
    replied
    Re: Fundraiser for WCHA Ref Butch Mousseaux who was critically injured at WCHA Final

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Sad news indeed. Starman just talked about this during the intermission and got the story wrong, saying he hit his head on the boards.
    I can never figure out why announcers have to state information when they don't know what they are saying.

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied

Sad news indeed. Starman just talked about this during the intermission and got the story wrong, saying he hit his head on the boards.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Inconceivable that they used to play hockey without helmets. Godspeed to Butch's family.
    RIP, this is so sad

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied

Inconceivable that they used to play hockey without helmets. Godspeed to Butch's family.

Leave a comment:

• giwan
    replied
    Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    RIP Butch

Wow just announced his death on ESPNU

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied

RIP Butch

Leave a comment:

• dubbie31
    replied

Absolutely devastated by this news. Butch was one of the true good guys out there. A great friend too.

Leave a comment:

• LSSULaker889294
    replied

Terrible news My eyes are tearing up as I am typing this. RIP Butch.

Leave a comment:

• Arafel
    replied

I'm absolutely wrecked. I got to know Butch from when he was reffing rec league games that I played in here in Colorado. He was a great ref, always my favorite, and I was so happy when I saw him start working the college games. Every time I ran into him at the DU rink he always said hello and we would talk for a little. He was a sweet, gentle guy. I'm going to miss him.

Leave a comment:

• ExileOnDaytonStreet
    replied

That's terrible news. So sorry to hear. RIP.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied

Just heard from a reliable source that Butch passed away today.
    I heard the same thing. I'm so sorry for his family and for all of those he knew. I thought he was the best ref in the WCHA.

Leave a comment:

• bose301s
    replied

There was a post in the Facebook group dedicated to him stating he had sadly.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Iwearpurple
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X