Notre Dame leaves Hockey East for Big 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Notre Dame leaves Hockey East for Big 10

ok, after all this we DO NOT WANT quinnipiac in hea. we already have one uhn, we don't need 2!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      ok, after all this we DO NOT WANT quinnipiac in hea. we already have one uhn, we don't need 2!
      Wow, UNH being compared to Quinnipiac; that is quite the complement.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        You're right, Bentley is clearly the better choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Wow, UNH being compared to Quinnipiac; that is quite the complement.
          Ummmm errrrr
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

He's from NH... whaddya expect? Should have used the Buffalo Bills analogy.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
              Of course you disagree. But most people outside the university, it's fans, and it's alums think the school should pick a conference. The hodge podge of being in multiple conferences creates issues. Look at the TV situation. The Big Ten has it's own network and yet won't be able to broadcast some of it's own conference games on it. Not the end of the world, but it's a complication and a little ridiculous to people outside your sphere.

You don't think the Big Ten makes sense, yet your university clearly thinks it makes the most sense for hockey. The ACC appears to make the most sense for basketball, lacrosse, etc... And of course football independence.

If we had to nail down one conference for all sports, including football (bear with the hypothetical for a moment without your head exploding), which conference would that be? The ACC? For football? For hockey? The SEC? Other? For hockey? No other major conference is involved in hockey. How about geographically? How do the ACC or SEC make more sense than the B1G? I would be stunned if you truely thought either of these conferences were a better fit for all sports.

Look, I am not a huge college football or basketball guy. I don't care enough to debate this that seriously. And you are entitled to your opinion and I know you guys have strong feelings about conference affiliation with football. But I whole heartedly disagree with you that the B1G wouldn't be the most natural fit for all sports.

Why do some people think that ND cares what fans of other schools think about their conference (or independence) choices?

Would your school care that ND fans thought about its choice? That is for each school to decide according to its requirements, opportunities and means.

ND fans do not want football in any conference and don't want to be stuck in a Midwest conference for football, basketball baseball lacrosse and and Olympic sports.

Independence makes the most sense for football, the ACC for all other sports. I would have personally preferred that ND stay in Hockey East than move to the **** Big Ten.

Comment

I wonder about cherry picking Canada for the next B1G team. Say you could get a U of Toronto to be a competitive school in the B1G...you think canadian recruiting and televised B1G games in Canada would skyrocket (relative to adding ASU).
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  I wonder about cherry picking Canada for the next B1G team. Say you could get a U of Toronto to be a competitive school in the B1G...you think canadian recruiting and televised B1G games in Canada would skyrocket (relative to adding ASU).
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWBHMAg4xzY
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    Its a long shot...but has more merits than adding most team. BTW were you one of those belittling every mention of a hypothetical BTHC?
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                      BTW were you one of those belittling every mention of a hypothetical BTHC?
                      The last time that the BTHC was "hypothetical", it was still 2010. So no. Certainly not recently.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

The last time that the BTHC was "hypothetical", it was still 2010. So no. Certainly not recently.
                        Well, yeah that and it was a 0% chance until it was a 100% chance. It wasn't going to happen until it did happen, then it was inevitable.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Any chance we can buy NICC out of their lame duck year and get rid of them a year early?
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

The last time that the BTHC was "hypothetical", it was still 2010. So no.
                            Did you not know how to type in 2010?
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              Did you not know how to type in 2010?
                              You tell me.

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/2010/09/penn-statebig-ten-times-they-are.html

I think we all knew (or should have known) that the BTHC was inevitable after Penn State, and before then we knew it would be if a sixth team ever came along. That was always the rub.

Comment

Based on goaltending and the losses suffered this year, Notre Dame could very well win the conference in their last year.
                                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X