Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Notre Dame leaves Hockey East for Big 10

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
    - URI is a perfect fit for HEA (New England state school) and has a natural rivalry with PC from their hotly-contested basketball series.
    another great place with fine golf clubs. hard pressed to find better courses in new england than newport cc & wannamoisett! (too bad the cities want to do away with the amps or mookie would move there)
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
      Yes, but it's unlikely without a major donation. They built their arena back in the mid-00's in such a way that it could be expanded to be a D-1 rink (it's literally half finished - stands on one side and both ends with a scoreboard and a wall on the other side) very easily with a projected capacity of around 3,000-4,000. It's really nice, with a big foyer and good sightlines, but it needs expansion.

However, the state is in a bit of a financial crisis and has slashed a lot of funding for URI essentials already. There's no chance it could fund a brand new hockey program in its current shape. If a wealthy alum donated a few million dollars, this might be realistic, but right now it's pretty much impossible. It's too bad - URI is a perfect fit for HEA (New England state school) and has a natural rivalry with PC from their hotly-contested basketball series.
      Imagine what they could build with all that money Curt Schilling stole.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        another great place with fine golf clubs. hard pressed to find better courses in new england than newport cc & wannamoisett! (too bad the cities want to do away with the amps or mookie would move there)
        LOL. Just like the BiG Ten Mookie has stringent requirements

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Imagine what they could build with all that money Curt Schilling stole.
          spent. he spent the money

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
            LOL. Just like the BiG Ten Mookie has stringent requirements
            standards. (and not just for graduate research money {which tD is gonna do away with})

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
              Could you link to articles about the new rink and upcoming ground breaking? Thanks

Sean
              Nothing public yet. I have personally seen the blueprints and designs of the rink on top of attending discussion boards with the AD, Dean and others. The only reason why ground breaking hasn't taken place yet is due to the demands of the adjunct professors (who admittedly don't get paid enough), but this dispute should be settled within the next few months.
              Here's an article from last year by Dan Rubin: http://www.uscho.com/2015/03/10/bent...-campus-arena/

Comment

Hey, if HE wants to replace the Golden Domers with a squad overshadowed by football country, well, UAH is already used to planes and buses, and it's not like you get into South Bend directly, so what's the difference between flying to Chicago or Atlanta? [Okay, it's a matter of the nature of the delay.]

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

• I wonder where the TV networks stand on this. Does the BTN allow ND to stay on NBC Sports or is the decision ND's?

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                    I wonder where the TV networks stand on this. Does the BTN allow ND to stay on NBC Sports or is the decision ND's?
                    FWIW.......
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Holy Cross could play at the DCU also
                      Last edited by The Zlax45; 03-22-2016, 11:48 PM.
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                        Hey, if HE wants to replace the Golden Domers with a squad overshadowed by football country, well, UAH is already used to planes and buses, and it's not like you get into South Bend directly, so what's the difference between flying to Chicago or Atlanta? [Okay, it's a matter of the nature of the delay.]

GFM
                        You have my vote
                        BS UMass Lowell 2015
                        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          FWIW.......
                          ??

Sorry domers, I don't see the value in this for the B1G. I know they're desperate to expand, but there's 50 schools that would jump. And BTN doesn't even get anything?
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Darn ... I will miss them given my Huskies' recent success against them (8-2-2 since 2011). Those Compton wins were all especially fantastic, especially their first loss in their new shiny new arena: http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/boxe...p?mndmnoe1.d02 ****, that felt good ...
                            On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                            If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Well, UConn and a potted plant are about equivalent academically (joking aside, they simply don't fit the big ten academically).
                              I hope you mean because Rutgers is AAU and UConn is not. You may want to take a look at where UConn ranks with other public Universities before making this statement.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                                I live on Long Island. People here do not care about college sports. They especially have no interest in college hockey. Rutgers, a BIG program, gets little print or TV in the metro area unless it is regarding one of their sports scandals. That coverage is quite prevalent .
                                I'm across the sound in Weschester and have played in a few men's leagues on LI. That actually surprised me considering that LI kids dot the rosters of the USNTDP along with almost every HE team. LI has, does, and will continue to put out some serious hockey talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X