• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vizoroo
    replied
    Re: NCAA West Regional: St. Cloud State/Ferris State, Boston U/Denver

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    Well I guess I would hope people recognize that I was simply trying to get people to post. This board is dead as hell. If people think I actually believed st cloud had no chance of being beaten, oh well. I am a St. Cloud fan. .
    Must admit believed we could tame the Terriers , Pio fans were ready to take one from the Cloudies. Now we don't have that opportunity.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    After the first, at the local watering hole, I called the 5-4 score, but not the winner. Missed the OT
    Typical Brent, you have your priorities.
    Since you missed it, "congrats to Ferris State."

For the Bulldog fans, please don't expect lightning to strike twice. I enjoyed chatting with your fans 4 years ago on your Frozen Four run. BUT It is DU's turn to go to Tampa!

Leave a comment:

• MagnessMan
    replied

Rumor is that the scalpers at the X have uploaded a groupon to pay buyers to show up for today's final.

Leave a comment:

• hockeykrazy
    replied

Congrats FSU Bulldogs (first class coach Bob Daniels) and Denver Pioneers. They both played great hockey today.

I want to thank the SCSU Huskies for one of their best seasons and probably the best team I have seen since watching them since 1985. I was deployed for the part of the 00-01 season- identical record. I also missed 03-05.

THANK YOU Seniors for one of our best classes ever - 5 players 593 pts. Kalle Kossila 153, Joey Benik 126, David Morley 118, Ethan Prow 99, Jimmy Murray 97... and the memories. Kendall Cup, North Star Cup and NCHC tournament CHAMPS. A roller-coaster and heart breaker today but you'll never be forgotten by this fan.
    Kalle (was stoned by Smith), Jimmy (was flying today), Joey (had several looks), David and Ethan all played their heart out today.

Hoping Russell and Lindgren stay and I can't wait for next season! Eyssimont is a beast.

I'm pulling for the Pioneers tomorrow only because they are in the NCHC and I lived there for a year 86-87. Good Luck!
    Last edited by hockeykrazy; 03-26-2016, 09:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tipsy McStagger
    replied
    Originally posted by chickod View Post
    OK...so I obviously wasn't there, but the place looked less than half full. Why didn't you just move?
    The lower bowl was mostly full except for the ends.

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    We did eventually, but my brother wanted to wait until after the first.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    OK...so I obviously wasn't there, but the place looked less than half full. Why didn't you just move?
    We did eventually, but my brother wanted to wait until after the first. After moving, we ended up high in the lower bowl, actually sitting next to FSU's injured players that they brought to the tournament. Listening to those guys talk between themselves was fun too. ("Ah, ______ just made a killer play!" And, "Yup, that's _____ all right.")

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Tough loss. I had a hard time watching the first period because of bad seats

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Tough loss. I had a hard time watching the first period because of bad seats (first row behind the FSU bench, stuck next to the players tunnel), but from what I could see SCSU made atypical mistakes and FSU capitalized on them. It's what you have to do win at this point in the season, and FSU did it.

Also, while the seats sucked for watching the game, it was interesting to listen to the guys on the bench chatter back and forth, talking about which players they wanted to exploit (the players thought Widman was the weak point on SCSU's D).

Leave a comment:

• Pump It Up
    replied

Make Tipsy Great Again

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

This board is dead as hell.
    I wanted to post more. I was looking forward to an enjoyable weekend. But it's pretty tough when your team is getting smoked and acting like they have no pride. Embarrassing...

Leave a comment:

• joecct
    replied

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
    kudos to Ferris!
    and the Pres sitting in with the pep band on clarinet is pretty classy.
    John F. Kennedy HS Class '75

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    Poor Mookie
    Seriously

Best decision Mookie made was to stop driving out and stay at his mommy's house Friday

Leave a comment:

• Stauber1
    replied

Poor Mookie

Leave a comment:

• 4four4
    replied

Well I guess I would hope people recognize that I was simply trying to get people to post. This board is dead as hell. If people think I actually believed st cloud had no chance of being beaten, oh well. I am a St. Cloud fan. We have made one frozen four. I obviously have no reason to think we can breeze through any regional.

St. Cloud choked. Ferris played a great game. I don't play the game. I am just a fan. I don't care if people talk trash. I wouldn't expect anything different. I would do the same.
    Ever since the second year after all the leagues changed I don't have the passion for college hockey anymore and thus I don't really post on this fan forum like I used to. I have moved on to the Wild and Minnesota United Football Club.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Oh, the irony.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X