• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Clown
    replied
    Re: NCAA West Regional: St. Cloud State/Ferris State, Boston U/Denver

Originally posted by Dirty Bottles View Post
    Pretty much how I feel also. I do give Ferris credit because they worked their tales off ..
    And that always gives reporters something about which they can write.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Bottles
    replied

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    The Kendall Cup? Are you kidding me? The team just choked away the best chance at a national championship we will ever get and you are bringing up the Kendall Cup?!?!?! I am not saying you have to go sit in the dark for a few days, but come on man. We were the #2 overall seed and lost to a team that was tied for 28th in the pairwise. #1 seeds playing within a bus ride have been 28-4 since 2008. We were a 90 minute bus ride away. Our own coach said "we came out slow." Came out slow in an NCAA tournament game?!?! That is friggin pathetic! It was plainly obvious that Ferris totally outworked us for the first 40 minutes of the game. That is inexcusable for a team that had so much to play for.
    Pretty much how I feel also. I do give Ferris credit because they worked their tales off but I've watched this team all year and the team that played on Saturday is not the same team I watched all year. Not sure if it was nerves or what but except for 3rd period it looked like they were just going through the motions. Defensive breakdowns all over the place. ugh.

Good luck to DU and UND.

Leave a comment:

• goldy_331
    replied

Where were the fans of the host team?
    I knew the Gophs weren't likely to do much this year so I passed on buying regional tix. So I was watching on TV as your guys peed down their legs, dammit!

Leave a comment:

• Tipsy McStagger
    replied

Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
    Congrats FSU Bulldogs (first class coach Bob Daniels) and Denver Pioneers. They both played great hockey today.

I want to thank the SCSU Huskies for one of their best seasons and probably the best team I have seen since watching them since 1985. I was deployed for the part of the 00-01 season- identical record. I also missed 03-05.

THANK YOU Seniors for one of our best classes ever - 5 players 593 pts. Kalle Kossila 153, Joey Benik 126, David Morley 118, Ethan Prow 99, Jimmy Murray 97... and the memories. Kendall Cup, North Star Cup and NCHC tournament CHAMPS. A roller-coaster and heart breaker today but you'll never be forgotten by this fan.
    Kalle (was stoned by Smith), Jimmy (was flying today), Joey (had several looks), David and Ethan all played their heart out today.

Hoping Russell and Lindgren stay and I can't wait for next season! Eyssimont is a beast.

I'm pulling for the Pioneers tomorrow only because they are in the NCHC and I lived there for a year 86-87. Good Luck!
    The Kendall Cup? Are you kidding me? The team just choked away the best chance at a national championship we will ever get and you are bringing up the Kendall Cup?!?!?! I am not saying you have to go sit in the dark for a few days, but come on man. We were the #2 overall seed and lost to a team that was tied for 28th in the pairwise. #1 seeds playing within a bus ride have been 28-4 since 2008. We were a 90 minute bus ride away. Our own coach said "we came out slow." Came out slow in an NCAA tournament game?!?! That is friggin pathetic! It was plainly obvious that Ferris totally outworked us for the first 40 minutes of the game. That is inexcusable for a team that had so much to play for.

Leave a comment:

• MagnessMan
    replied

That was a nail biter for 56 minutes! What a great weekend for the Pios. Great job by the Bulldogs. I have nothing but respect for their program. You guys played so well--very disciplined and beat a really strong SCSU team and gave us a serious run for our $. I was in Tampa when they lost in the final to BC when Johnny Hockey split the D. This time I get to go back and watch the Pios take on the former sioux.

Leave a comment:

• hockeykrazy
    replied

Congrats to the Denver Pioneers, looking forward to watching the Frozen Four.

Plus a very good run by Ferris, a tip of the hat for playing your hearts out. It was a fun game to watch. Good to see them bring the band and rowdy fans!

Leave a comment:

• 4four4
    replied

Praying for you on Easter.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Golfing with their team, of course. I am sure your fans were doing the same.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Reported actual attendance from a couple sources: about 1000.

Whee.
    Announced attendance 2799

Leave a comment:

• Stauber1
    replied

I had a lot of fun watching Ferris this weekend.

They weren't the more talented team in either game, but g'damm did they work their balls off.

Leave a comment:

• vizoroo
    replied

After the first, at the local watering hole, I called the 5-4 score, but not the winner. Missed the OT
    Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    4-3 Denver. Hillman.

4:32 left.

Dammit.

Maybe my dish should have gone out.
    Your Bulldogs were making me very nervous. They played a great game.

Leave a comment:

• Tipsy McStagger
    replied

Whee.

Leave a comment:

• Husckey Domi Nation
    replied

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
    What a run for Denver! Off to the Frozen Four by scoring 13 goals in the regional. I never saw that coming.

Congrats to Ferris on a brilliant year. A very scrappy, hardworking and determined effort today by those boys and they can hold their heads up. They were incredible.
    Congrats to the Pioneers! Represent the NCHC well in Tampa.

Leave a comment:

• dubbie31
    replied

What a run for Denver! Off to the Frozen Four by scoring 13 goals in the regional. I never saw that coming.

Congrats to Ferris on a brilliant year. A very scrappy, hardworking and determined effort today by those boys and they can hold their heads up. They were incredible.

Leave a comment:

• icehawk
    replied

Whee.
    Exactly why regionals need to go to top seeds barns.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X