X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA West Regional: St. Cloud State/Ferris State, Boston U/Denver

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
    kudos to Ferris!
    and the Pres sitting in with the pep band on clarinet is pretty classy.
    John F. Kennedy HS Class '75
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      This board is dead as hell.
      I wanted to post more. I was looking forward to an enjoyable weekend. But it's pretty tough when your team is getting smoked and acting like they have no pride. Embarrassing...

Comment

Make Tipsy Great Again

Comment

Tough loss. I had a hard time watching the first period because of bad seats (first row behind the FSU bench, stuck next to the players tunnel), but from what I could see SCSU made atypical mistakes and FSU capitalized on them. It's what you have to do win at this point in the season, and FSU did it.

Also, while the seats sucked for watching the game, it was interesting to listen to the guys on the bench chatter back and forth, talking about which players they wanted to exploit (the players thought Widman was the weak point on SCSU's D).
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Tough loss. I had a hard time watching the first period because of bad seats
            OK...so I obviously wasn't there, but the place looked less than half full. Why didn't you just move?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              OK...so I obviously wasn't there, but the place looked less than half full. Why didn't you just move?
              We did eventually, but my brother wanted to wait until after the first. After moving, we ended up high in the lower bowl, actually sitting next to FSU's injured players that they brought to the tournament. Listening to those guys talk between themselves was fun too. ("Ah, ______ just made a killer play!" And, "Yup, that's _____ all right.")
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                We did eventually, but my brother wanted to wait until after the first.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  The lower bowl was mostly full except for the ends.
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Congrats FSU Bulldogs (first class coach Bob Daniels) and Denver Pioneers. They both played great hockey today.

I want to thank the SCSU Huskies for one of their best seasons and probably the best team I have seen since watching them since 1985. I was deployed for the part of the 00-01 season- identical record. I also missed 03-05.

THANK YOU Seniors for one of our best classes ever - 5 players 593 pts. Kalle Kossila 153, Joey Benik 126, David Morley 118, Ethan Prow 99, Jimmy Murray 97... and the memories. Kendall Cup, North Star Cup and NCHC tournament CHAMPS. A roller-coaster and heart breaker today but you'll never be forgotten by this fan.
                    Kalle (was stoned by Smith), Jimmy (was flying today), Joey (had several looks), David and Ethan all played their heart out today.

Hoping Russell and Lindgren stay and I can't wait for next season! Eyssimont is a beast.

I'm pulling for the Pioneers tomorrow only because they are in the NCHC and I lived there for a year 86-87. Good Luck!
                    Last edited by hockeykrazy; 03-26-2016, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Rumor is that the scalpers at the X have uploaded a groupon to pay buyers to show up for today's final.
                      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        Well I guess I would hope people recognize that I was simply trying to get people to post. This board is dead as hell. If people think I actually believed st cloud had no chance of being beaten, oh well. I am a St. Cloud fan. .
                        Must admit believed we could tame the Terriers , Pio fans were ready to take one from the Cloudies. Now we don't have that opportunity.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        After the first, at the local watering hole, I called the 5-4 score, but not the winner. Missed the OT
                        Typical Brent, you have your priorities.
                        Since you missed it, "congrats to Ferris State."

For the Bulldog fans, please don't expect lightning to strike twice. I enjoyed chatting with your fans 4 years ago on your Frozen Four run. BUT It is DU's turn to go to Tampa!
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Go Bullpuppies. Keep the Ferris wheel rolling.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

hola,

DU since January has climbed to the next level and looking to keep it up. Ferris played St. Cloud very well and St. Cloud beat DU three times this year. Looking for a great matchup. Watch the pacific rim line they are really cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                              Must admit believed we could tame the Terriers , Pio fans were ready to take one from the Cloudies. Now we don't have that opportunity.

Typical Brent, you have your priorities.
                              Since you missed it, "congrats to Ferris State."

For the Bulldog fans, please don't expect lightning to strike twice. I enjoyed chatting with your fans 4 years ago on your Frozen Four run. BUT It is DU's turn to go to Tampa!
                              No idea what you mean by that.

Didn't really care who won yesterday (and don't care about today, either).

Rachel Blount (Star Tribune) tweeted that about 45 people are sitting at the end of the rink. Not per section. Total.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                                Rumor is that the scalpers at the X have uploaded a groupon to pay buyers to show up for today's final.
                                When I was looking for a ticket before yesterday's game, one scalper tried to get $75/seat. My automatic response was, "Oh, hell no," and walked on to the next. The next guy was down to $65/seat, and I told him I'd rather just got to the box office and get seats $12.50 cheaper per seat. While walking away, he yells out that the place was sold out and that I better get excited to watch the game from a bar. Yeah! I ended up getting in the door for $40/ticket.

It was remarkable how empty the arena became for the DU/BU game after the seats being pretty densely filled from corner to corner for the SCSU game.

Comment

Working...
                                X