Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA West Regional: St. Cloud State/Ferris State, Boston U/Denver

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
    Obviously Ferris is going to try and slow the game down, clog up the neutral zone, etc. What a lot of people may not realize is that St Cloud's team defense is ranked 10th in nation. Everyone knows about their offense and their depth, but their team defense is also a great strength. Ferris State would be smart to stay out of the penalty box too.
    I liked this one from the USCHO West Regional Preview.

"Why they won’t get to the Frozen Four: The old saw is that defense wins championships, so St. Cloud needs to shore itself up in the defensive zone."

Comment

Originally posted by RL3AO View Post
      I liked this one from the USCHO West Regional Preview.

"Why they won’t get to the Frozen Four: The old saw is that defense wins championships, so St. Cloud needs to shore itself up in the defensive zone."
      Denver gave them some trouble in the NCHC game but were unlucky. I would favor SCSU though to go through. So much speed and they're solid in the back. However....GO PIONEERS!
      Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
      www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        Not much to talk about here. I think there is already a consensus that St. Cloud is going to breeze right through this regional. But if you feel like it, go ahead and explain why your team will not just be another piece of red meat tossed to the beast that is the St. Cloud State hockey team.

Let me be the first to say...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Putz

Comment

poor poor jan

Comment

As I said. Ferris rolls.

Helmet kids.

Comment

After the first, at the local watering hole, I called the 5-4 score, but not the winner. Missed the OT
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Great win Ferris. Losing a 2 goal lead like that can be really deflating- but you pressed on, and really took advantage of St Cloud's play at the end.

Comment

Weak WCHA team. No chance. Love it!

Comment

Not much to talk about here. I think there is already a consensus that St. Cloud is going to breeze right through this regional. But if you feel like it, go ahead and explain why your team will not just be another piece of red meat tossed to the beast that is the St. Cloud State hockey team.
                    TANKED. Haha.

Comment

Congrats to FSU. Way to represent.

Tipsy, Karma's a b****. Maybe all the weak WCHA comments are coming back to haunt you.

Tough loss for St. Cloud, but congrats on a very successful year overall.

Comment

You forgot to add - unless you choke like the little sister that you are... the jan was strong today.

So there's that.

Comment

Prow was such a liability out there. He was taking way too many risks and it costed them on the winning goal too.
                          Last edited by ThePowerConference; 03-26-2016, 05:07 PM.

Comment

No offense to SCSU, but I'm kind of hoping one of their defensemen blew a tire and FSU scored right after just like the MTU game last year. I'm a jerk.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              No offense to SCSU, but I'm kind of hoping one of their defensemen blew a tire and FSU scored right after just like the MTU game last year. I'm a jerk.
                              That's OK, so are virtually ALL SCSU fans.

Comment

Tough wknd to be a Husky fan..
                                ..great season St Cloud.
                                Last edited by northeastern; 03-26-2016, 05:12 PM.
                                GO NU HOCKEY
                                Always bullish on the future.
                                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X