X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA West Regional: St. Cloud State/Ferris State, Boston U/Denver

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey...on-university/

Not that it makes a huge difference, but I can guarantee our fanbase remembers that we played that game against you more than your fanbase does.
    Ah yes, hence my mistake with the decade

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey...on-university/

Not that it makes a huge difference, but I can guarantee our fanbase remembers that we played that game against you more than your fanbase does.
      I was there. Jack Baker with 2 tallies. All 5'5" of him.

BU Hockey: Short Memories
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

I was there too! Good game. Pre-cursor to......sigh. Hey, the anniversary of that game is tomorrow!!

Comment

Just got word today that there will be NO tailgating by the GPLers. Some are out of town, and there's that whole Easter thing. Kinda sad about that, but what can ya do?
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Must have thought it was a LARP/Pot festival, and misread the title as "Battle And Bake."
            Funny. There are about 10 more of us than CC's base. Five of us travel.
            Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
              Funny. There are about 10 more of us than CC's base. Five of us travel.
              I'm not cutting CC any favors. I know one CC fan. He's also an Air Force fan, pretty sure you know who he is.

Honestly, I think the only DU fan I've met since I've joined is actually Swami. Total respect to that guy. Very glad I met him.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Swami is the bomb. We baked at Coors.

Here's a bit of math for anyone still pondering their bracket.
                http://www.playoffstatus.com/ncaahoc...rformprob.html
                Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
                  Swami is the bomb. We baked at Coors.

Here's a bit of math for anyone still pondering their bracket.
                  http://www.playoffstatus.com/ncaahoc...rformprob.html
                  Met Swami at F4 Denver. I basically listened to him tell stories of college hockey history for about 30-40 minutes, just absorbing the info. Loved it. Friendly guy, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Just got word today that there will be NO tailgating by the GPLers. Some are out of town, and there's that whole Easter thing. Kinda sad about that, but what can ya do?
                    Poop. Drinking at a bar is way more expensive than drinking in a parking lot.
                    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
                      Think they'll handle Ferris based on sheer skill and the experience of the seniors. They've been through this every year of their career although this year they have great support from the underclassmen as well. Best SCSU team that I can remember in my years and years of following them.
                      I've seen both SCSU and Ferris this season. The good news is you'll get an eastern officiating crew in all likelihood. FSU took 4 boarding calls last weekend that could all have easily been majors, so you can see how close they play to the edge of legality. But don't sleep on them - they are very effective at eliminating your best players. Depth is key to beating them, your 3rd & 4th lines must contribute. They're good about leaving shot lanes for their goalie to see and clogging up your guy.

Score early on them, the Bulldogs have very few ways to get back in the game when they're behind by 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                        Poop. Drinking at a bar is way more expensive than drinking in a parking lot.
                        Well that's it then. Mookie is staying at his mom's and watching on tv rather than continuing the drive west
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          I've seen both SCSU and Ferris this season. The good news is you'll get an eastern officiating crew in all likelihood. FSU took 4 boarding calls last weekend that could all have easily been majors, so you can see how close they play to the edge of legality. But don't sleep on them - they are very effective at eliminating your best players. Depth is key to beating them, your 3rd & 4th lines must contribute. They're good about leaving shot lanes for their goalie to see and clogging up your guy.

Score early on them, the Bulldogs have very few ways to get back in the game when they're behind by 2.
                          Depth is the one thing SCSU has in spades.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Depth is the one thing SCSU has in spades.
                            yup... Ferris has 2 guys with 10 or more goals. In comparison we have 10 and three of those are on the 3rd and 4th lines (Jackson 10, Winiecki 12, Peterson 16). Our 3rd leading goal scorer (peterson) has spent time on the 4th line.

Of course the lines combos are always changing but the 3rd and 4th lines above are what I recall being out there during NCHC frozen faceoff.
                            "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

I'm actually looking forward to the SCSU vs. Ferris game. Even though they've beaten Denver like a rented mule this season, they're an exciting team and a dangerous team to watch. What I love about SCSU is the speed in all four lines and their ability to transition before the opposition knows what even happened to them.

I'll say St. Cloud comes out with a 4-2 win. Ferris will hang with them for the 1st and 2nd period, but St. Cloud will pull away in the 3rd and wear down the Ferris resolve.
                              Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                              www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Obviously Ferris is going to try and slow the game down, clog up the neutral zone, etc. What a lot of people may not realize is that St Cloud's team defense is ranked 10th in nation. Everyone knows about their offense and their depth, but their team defense is also a great strength. Ferris State would be smart to stay out of the penalty box too.

Comment

Working...
                                X