NCAA West Regional: St. Cloud State/Ferris State, Boston U/Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA West Regional: St. Cloud State/Ferris State, Boston U/Denver

Gripping thread so far. Reads like an extended dead-end video review in a blow out. Here's my contribution/big prediction. I'm a seer you know! I predict that they'll be a few more butts in seats than in this photo.

******* http://www.photoshelter.com/img-get/...23.jpg********
    Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
      Gripping thread so far. Reads like an extended dead-end video review in a blow out. Here's my contribution/big prediction. I'm a seer you know! I predict that they'll be a few more butts in seats than in this photo.

******* http://www.photoshelter.com/img-get/...23.jpg********
      I see you post as a Denver fan. I'm sorry, but there is no such thing. Move along.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        I see you post as a Denver fan. I'm sorry, but there is no such thing. Move along.
        Oh Brent, there are still a few of us around. And our team is in the tournament.

LetsGoDU was revived (even Puck Swami drops in) and Magness Mayhem was born. Yes, the Bronco Super Bowl win did divert a little attention from the Pios. But 35,000 did show up for the "Battle on Blake," at the Colorado Rockies field, later that month.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
          Oh Brent, there are still a few of us around. And our team is in the tournament.

LetsGoDU was revived (even Puck Swami drops in) and Magness Mayhem was born. Yes, the Bronco Super Bowl win did divert a little attention from the Pios. But 35,000 did show up for the "Battle on Blake," at the Colorado Rockies field, later that month.
          Must have thought it was a LARP/Pot festival, and misread the title as "Battle And Bake."
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Must have thought it was a LARP/Pot festival, and misread the title as "Battle And Bake."
            They don't do that sort of thing in Colorado! They're good boys and girls.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by brenthoven View Post
              must have thought it was a larp/pot festival, and misread the title as "battle and bake."
              lol a+
              Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Interesting to see how this goes for SCSU.
                Win the regional, face UN/NU/MI (ND won't win), then lose to Q, maybe BC (strong maybe)...

Let's revisit this in a few days.

Comment

Northeastern's out in round 1 because they realize where they are and they subsequently lay an egg. Michigan doesn't have the D to hang with the Greg F'awkers, and I have a coin flip decision as to whether or not DU or BU wins their game. And I have BC losing to QU, if nothing else, then as a matter of principle alone.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    And I have BC losing to QU, if nothing else, then as a matter of principle alone.
                    Truer words never been spoken.

+1

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      Just an FYI, you're smack talking FSU to an SLU(t) fan.
                      Doesn't make my comments less true.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
                        Interesting to see how this goes for SCSU.
                        Win the regional, face UN/NU/MI (ND won't win), then lose to Q, maybe BC (strong maybe)...

Let's revisit this in a few days.
                        Think they'll handle Ferris based on sheer skill and the experience of the seniors. They've been through this every year of their career although this year they have great support from the underclassmen as well. Best SCSU team that I can remember in my years and years of following them.

DU/BU matchup will be tough. Able to beat either for sure, but you just never know in this format. Beyond that, we'll deal with it when/if we get there. Wouldn't mind a shot at UND. I believe being familiar with an opponent helps in these situations. After that, QU or BC (or anyone else) for the championship? Doesn't matter to me. Just want to see them get a shot at it!

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
                          Think they'll handle Ferris based on sheer skill and the experience of the seniors. They've been through this every year of their career although this year they have great support from the underclassmen as well. Best SCSU team that I can remember in my years and years of following them.

DU/BU matchup will be tough. Able to beat either for sure, but you just never know in this format. Beyond that, we'll deal with it when/if we get there. Wouldn't mind a shot at UND. I believe being familiar with an opponent helps in these situations. After that, QU or BC (or anyone else) for the championship? Doesn't matter to me. Just want to see them get a shot at it!
                          I can dig it.
                          Best of luck to your team!

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post

I have never followed that logic; how can being familiar with an opponent help? Help beat them? Cuz they are also familiar with you.
                            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              I have never followed that logic; how can being familiar with an opponent help? Help beat them? Cuz they are also familiar with you.
                              Well yeah it goes both ways, but when you are accustomed to playing them throughout the season then you know their styles/rhythms and how to play/defend against them.
                              Again, it goes both ways, but you can plan better than playing a team you rarely see.

For example, if BU somehow beats Denver, playing either SCSU or Ferris would be unchartered waters, as BU has played each of those exactly once. In the early 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
                                Well yeah it goes both ways, but when you are accustomed to playing them throughout the season then you know their styles/rhythms and how to play/defend against them.
                                Again, it goes both ways, but you can plan better than playing a team you rarely see.

For example, if BU somehow beats Denver, playing either SCSU or Ferris would be unchartered waters, as BU has played each of those exactly once. In the early 90's.
                                http://www.uscho.com/box/mens-hockey...on-university/

Not that it makes a huge difference, but I can guarantee our fanbase remembers that we played that game against you more than your fanbase does.
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X