Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA West Regional: St. Cloud State/Ferris State, Boston U/Denver

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Hope the scalpers break? They didn't last weekend.
    That's what I'm banking on. You would think that, between ambitious Gopher fans and overly optimistic North Dakota fans, the market would be flooded. Plenty on StubHub but the fees are ridiculous. Craigslist isn't much better. Most are still asking for face.
    scsuhockey.com
    CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
      That's what I'm banking on. You would think that, between ambitious Gopher fans and overly optimistic North Dakota fans, the market would be flooded. Plenty on StubHub but the fees are ridiculous. Craigslist isn't much better. Most are still asking for face.
      I saw people asking $95/ticket on one of those secondary market sites. They don't seem to realize that there are plenty of open seats still listed on Ticketmaster, blocs of them, even.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        I saw people asking $95/ticket on one of those secondary market sites. They don't seem to realize that there are plenty of open seats still listed on Ticketmaster, blocs of them, even.
        Yeah, that's why we're planning on hitting up the street scalpers. We're aiming for < $40, but know that we can still get them for $55 at the gate if nobody breaks. I am only staying for the SCSU game, and $40 seems somewhat reasonable to me. $55 may seem reasonable to Gopher fans, who is obviously who the NCAA had in mind when they set the initial price. I'd pay $35 on craigslist, but I haven't seen that price point yet. With their ridiculous fees, I'd only pay $25 on StubHub.

EDIT: Just noticed that they're going for less than $25 on StubHub. Fees are about $10. May go that route now. I'll have to ask my colleagues. This forces the street scalpers down to about $30 now.
        Last edited by The Exiled One; 03-23-2016, 09:52 AM.
        scsuhockey.com

Comment

I don't know how many scalpers there will be. Probably not many. There were only 3 or 4 on Saturday at Target Center. One of them told me I would be better off buying from the box office. First time that has ever happened.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            I don't know how many scalpers there will be. Probably not many. There were only 3 or 4 on Saturday at Target Center. One of them told me I would be better off buying from the box office. First time that has ever happened.
            It's not a hot ticket, but there's still some money to be made so long as SCSU's still alive. We have some fans in town, and the school's close enough that students may be looking to score some last minute deals.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

According to the standings I am looking at, none of these teams won their conference.
              Ferris won their conference tournament. Which, unlike the regular season conference championship, actually matters.

Where is that helmet of yours, put it back on your head before you hurt yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                Ferris won their conference tournament. Which, unlike the regular season conference championship, actually matters.

Where is that helmet of yours, put it back on your head before you hurt yourself.
                Pretty sure SCSU won their conference tournament as well. Not sure though. Maybe if this interweb thing could tell me. Oh there it is. Yep. They did. Didn't need to in order to get in like some others, but they did it anyways.

If Ferris plays the same way against SCSU that they did Mankato, they'll be spending half the game on the PK. Not a good gameplan against the #2 PP in the nation.

Comment

Then you're making even less sense, since St. Cloud won the NCHC tournament.

Edit: B&R beat me to it
                  SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                  UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                  Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                  Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                  UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                  UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
                    Pretty sure SCSU won their conference tournament as well. Not sure though. Maybe if this interweb thing could tell me. Oh there it is. Yep. They did. Didn't need to in order to get in like some others, but they did it anyways.

If Ferris plays the same way against SCSU that they did Mankato, they'll be spending half the game on the PK. Not a good gameplan against the #2 PP in the nation.
                    Just an FYI, you're smack talking FSU to an SLU(t) fan.

Comment

The doctor said they couldn't find a helmet big enough. I have a huge head. Like, freak-show big.
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

The doctor said they couldn't find a helmet big enough. I have a huge head. Like, freak-show big.
                        Maybe this one?

scsuhockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post

Nevermind me, I'll go back to the golf course

For some reason I had it in my head that st, Clooud lost their conference championship. I go to box for 2 minutes and feel shame.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            Gopher fan here. I'm pulling for the team 60 miles up I-94, and would love to attend...but not with the price of admission going for $55...plus parking and concessions make it close to a $90 night. Any deals to be had?
                            Gophersports has indicated that if you have a valid college student ID from any of the participating schools or another "local" school, you can purchase up to 2 tickets per ID for $24 each, 1 hour prior to face off at the box office.

Comment

Here it is, right from Gophersports.com

Local college students and students from the four participating schools are able to purchase discounted tickets for the event. The tickets are $24 (subject to applicable fees) and students may purchase up to two tickets each day with a valid student ID. This offer is only valid at Xcel Energy Center box office and starts one hour prior to the start of each daily session.

Comment

Weather update: maybe some showers on Sat, nothing big, Sunday is nicer. Both days in the 40s.

Apparently, some parts of St Paul got hit hard with snow today, but it should be mostly (if not all) gone by the weekend.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X