Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA West Regional: St. Cloud State/Ferris State, Boston U/Denver

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    BC isn't in St Paul, dude. You've been had.
    So they're like 800 feet from the St. Paul city limits line?

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Yeah, but it's a hockey sports bar, which is saying something.
      This is true. Just don't expect anything for food/drink that rises above. That's all I'm saying.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
        So they're like 800 feet from the St. Paul city limits line?
        From what I hear, that's a day trip for you Easterners.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

This is true. Just don't expect anything for food/drink that rises above. That's all I'm saying.
          Very true.

I've only been to Burger Moe's once, but it was pretty good stuff. The staff was overwhelmed that night - unexpectedly busy, they told us. My memory could be off here, but I thought it was actually owned by Tom Reid.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I might get a cab if the green line is running slow for that.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Very true.

I've only been to Burger Moe's once, but it was pretty good stuff. The staff was overwhelmed that night - unexpectedly busy, they told us. My memory could be off here, but I thought it was actually owned by Tom Reid.
              That, I don't know (ownership). I ate there each day for the B1G, and service was fine (even on St Pat's!). As for the tailgate, I know he owns the old DQ lot now, and apparently, seemingly, had a change of heart about us tailgating there this year, hence the change.

He is building quite the conglomerate if he also owns Moe's.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                I might get a cab if the green line is running slow for that.
                Well played, Mauer.

Comment

Gopher fan here. I'm pulling for the team 60 miles up I-94, and would love to attend...but not with the price of admission going for $55...plus parking and concessions make it close to a $90 night. Any deals to be had?
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Gopher fan here. I'm pulling for the team 60 miles up I-94, and would love to attend...but not with the price of admission going for $55...plus parking and concessions make it close to a $90 night. Any deals to be had?
                    Hope the scalpers break? They didn't last weekend.

Comment

Hope the scalpers break? They didn't last weekend.
                      Wishful thinking on my part, after reading that some were able to get into the NCHC tourney at Target Center, using Groupon, for just $10. Then again, that was not the NCAA.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Wishful thinking on my part, after reading that some were able to get into the NCHC tourney at Target Center, using Groupon, for just $10. Then again, that was not the NCAA.
                        They had Gopher Student Rush Tix for $20, but only after a certain time, and only for Gopher (ahem) students. I don't think that'll work this weekend. SCSU students would prob have the best chance at that sort of promo.

Comment

I guess they had a me+3 deal, and people got tickets for 35 but I missed it.
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Takes about that long to go 800 feet on the T.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Takes about that long to go 800 feet on the T.
                              You're exaggerating. It's only about 8 hours from what I hear.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
                                The St Cloud/Ferris St matchup looks like a complete mismatch on paper. That doesn't mean jack sh** though. I saw Mankato lose to RIT last season. Didn't Denver and BU play each other this season? Not sure that means much now.
                                Seems like every year one of the lowest ranked teams pulls a big upset going back to Holy Cross defeating the gophers (everyone loved that esp. the Sioux). Can't overlook Ferris or RIT( 2010 DU 1 Rit 2)

DU did play BU in Oct. and was on the short end of 5-4 OT score. To say the least the Pioneers are not the same team today.
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X