NCAA West Regional: St. Cloud State/Ferris State, Boston U/Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA West Regional: St. Cloud State/Ferris State, Boston U/Denver

Not much to talk about here. I think there is already a consensus that St. Cloud is going to breeze right through this regional. But if you feel like it, go ahead and explain why your team will not just be another piece of red meat tossed to the beast that is the St. Cloud State hockey team.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Re: NCAA West Regional: St. Cloud State/Ferris State, Boston U/Denver

Couldn't even win their conference. Ferris rolls to Tampa (again).

Comment

SCSU will end FSU's season. DU will take out Bahston U. After that, it's a real slobber knocker between DU and SCSU, with SCSU winning 4-2 due to an ENG. Then it comes down the truly interesting game of SCSU and the UNDies in Tampa. QU takes it all, regardless of who they play for the championship.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        SCSU will end FSU's season. DU will take out Bahston U. After that, it's a real slobber knocker between DU and SCSU, with SCSU winning 4-2 due to an ENG. Then it comes down the truly interesting game of SCSU and the UNDies in Tampa. QU takes it all, regardless of who they play for the championship.
        well you had me to the end there. But I do agree, St Cloud is the class of the regional.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          Not much to talk about here. I think there is already a consensus that St. Cloud is going to breeze right through this regional. But if you feel like it, go ahead and explain why your team will not just be another piece of red meat tossed to the beast that is the St. Cloud State hockey team.
          Breeze? I'm thinking Hurricane of Huskies! I mean with their NCAA pedigree and mad skillz, just book those Tampa tix now baby!
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            Breeze? I'm thinking Hurricane of Huskies! I mean with their NCAA pedigree and mad skillz, just book those Tampa tix now baby!
            I'll take the Terriers plus four goals..

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
              Couldn't even win their conference. Ferris rolls to Tampa (again).
              According to the standings I am looking at, none of these teams won their conference.
              Originally posted by SJHovey
              Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
              Originally posted by Brenthoven
              We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

The St Cloud/Ferris St matchup looks like a complete mismatch on paper. That doesn't mean jack sh** though. I saw Mankato lose to RIT last season. Didn't Denver and BU play each other this season? Not sure that means much now.

Comment

General info: the only lot that doesn't mind tailgating is the lot between the DQ lot and the old lot (Forepaugh's). Still need some schmoozing. (GPL worked that sh* this past weekend)

Forget Reid's, head to Burger Moe's. Food is decent, and the craft beer list is awesome. If you're looking for top notch food, then the Liffey or Cosetta's are the places to go. If you want to hike a bit, Mickey's Diner is an awesome greasy spoon.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

BU is having its pre-game get together for family/alumni/friend at Tom Reid's.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      BU is having its pre-game get together for family/alumni/friend at Tom Reid's.
                      It's a fun bar...but it's still *just* a sports bar, if you get what I'm saying. I was there on St Pat's Day, had a good time.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I'm just here for some of that Western hockey smack talk.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                          I'm just here for some of that Western hockey smack talk.
                          BC isn't in St Paul, dude. You've been had.

Comment

Still on the fence.....
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              It's a fun bar...but it's still *just* a sports bar, if you get what I'm saying. I was there on St Pat's Day, had a good time.
                              Yeah, but it's a hockey sports bar, which is saying something.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                              X