• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Exiled One
    replied
    Re: NCAA West Regional: St. Cloud State/Ferris State, Boston U/Denver

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    The doctor said they couldn't find a helmet big enough. I have a huge head. Like, freak-show big.
    Maybe this one?

Leave a comment:

• Tipsy McStagger
    replied

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Ferris won their conference tournament. Which, unlike the regular season conference championship, actually matters.

Where is that helmet of yours, put it back on your head before you hurt yourself.
    The doctor said they couldn't find a helmet big enough. I have a huge head. Like, freak-show big.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
    Pretty sure SCSU won their conference tournament as well. Not sure though. Maybe if this interweb thing could tell me. Oh there it is. Yep. They did. Didn't need to in order to get in like some others, but they did it anyways.

If Ferris plays the same way against SCSU that they did Mankato, they'll be spending half the game on the PK. Not a good gameplan against the #2 PP in the nation.
    Just an FYI, you're smack talking FSU to an SLU(t) fan.

Leave a comment:

• HumRsky
    replied
    Ferris won their conference tournament. Which, unlike the regular season conference championship, actually matters.

Where is that helmet of yours, put it back on your head before you hurt yourself.
    Then you're making even less sense, since St. Cloud won the NCHC tournament.

Edit: B&R beat me to it

Leave a comment:

• SCSU BlackandRed
    replied

Pretty sure SCSU won their conference tournament as well. Not sure though. Maybe if this interweb thing could tell me. Oh there it is. Yep. They did. Didn't need to in order to get in like some others, but they did it anyways.

If Ferris plays the same way against SCSU that they did Mankato, they'll be spending half the game on the PK. Not a good gameplan against the #2 PP in the nation.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied
    According to the standings I am looking at, none of these teams won their conference.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

I don't know how many scalpers there will be. Probably not many. There were only 3 or 4 on Saturday at Target Center. One of them told me I would be better off buying from the box office. First time that has ever happened.
    It's not a hot ticket, but there's still some money to be made so long as SCSU's still alive. We have some fans in town, and the school's close enough that students may be looking to score some last minute deals.

Leave a comment:

• Tipsy McStagger
    replied

I don't know how many scalpers there will be. Probably not many. There were only 3 or 4 on Saturday at Target Center. One of them told me I would be better off buying from the box office. First time that has ever happened.

Leave a comment:

• The Exiled One
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I saw people asking $95/ticket on one of those secondary market sites. They don't seem to realize that there are plenty of open seats still listed on Ticketmaster, blocs of them, even.
    Yeah, that's why we're planning on hitting up the street scalpers. We're aiming for < $40, but know that we can still get them for $55 at the gate if nobody breaks. I am only staying for the SCSU game, and $40 seems somewhat reasonable to me. $55 may seem reasonable to Gopher fans, who is obviously who the NCAA had in mind when they set the initial price. I'd pay $35 on craigslist, but I haven't seen that price point yet. With their ridiculous fees, I'd only pay $25 on StubHub.

EDIT: Just noticed that they're going for less than $25 on StubHub. Fees are about $10. May go that route now. I'll have to ask my colleagues. This forces the street scalpers down to about $30 now.
    Last edited by The Exiled One; 03-23-2016, 10:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
    That's what I'm banking on. You would think that, between ambitious Gopher fans and overly optimistic North Dakota fans, the market would be flooded. Plenty on StubHub but the fees are ridiculous. Craigslist isn't much better. Most are still asking for face.
    I saw people asking $95/ticket on one of those secondary market sites. They don't seem to realize that there are plenty of open seats still listed on Ticketmaster, blocs of them, even.

Leave a comment:

• The Exiled One
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Hope the scalpers break? They didn't last weekend.
    That's what I'm banking on. You would think that, between ambitious Gopher fans and overly optimistic North Dakota fans, the market would be flooded. Plenty on StubHub but the fees are ridiculous. Craigslist isn't much better. Most are still asking for face.

Leave a comment:

• vizoroo
    replied

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
    The St Cloud/Ferris St matchup looks like a complete mismatch on paper. That doesn't mean jack sh** though. I saw Mankato lose to RIT last season. Didn't Denver and BU play each other this season? Not sure that means much now.
    Seems like every year one of the lowest ranked teams pulls a big upset going back to Holy Cross defeating the gophers (everyone loved that esp. the Sioux). Can't overlook Ferris or RIT( 2010 DU 1 Rit 2)

DU did play BU in Oct. and was on the short end of 5-4 OT score. To say the least the Pioneers are not the same team today.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Takes about that long to go 800 feet on the T.
    You're exaggerating. It's only about 8 hours from what I hear.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    From what I hear, that's a day trip for you Easterners.
    Takes about that long to go 800 feet on the T.

Leave a comment:

• Tipsy McStagger
    replied

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Gopher fan here. I'm pulling for the team 60 miles up I-94, and would love to attend...but not with the price of admission going for $55...plus parking and concessions make it close to a $90 night. Any deals to be had?
    I guess they had a me+3 deal, and people got tickets for 35 but I missed it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X