• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU BlackandRed
    replied
    Re: NCAA West Regional: St. Cloud State/Ferris State, Boston U/Denver

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
    Interesting to see how this goes for SCSU.
    Win the regional, face UN/NU/MI (ND won't win), then lose to Q, maybe BC (strong maybe)...

Let's revisit this in a few days.
    Think they'll handle Ferris based on sheer skill and the experience of the seniors. They've been through this every year of their career although this year they have great support from the underclassmen as well. Best SCSU team that I can remember in my years and years of following them.

DU/BU matchup will be tough. Able to beat either for sure, but you just never know in this format. Beyond that, we'll deal with it when/if we get there. Wouldn't mind a shot at UND. I believe being familiar with an opponent helps in these situations. After that, QU or BC (or anyone else) for the championship? Doesn't matter to me. Just want to see them get a shot at it!

Leave a comment:

• SCSU BlackandRed
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Just an FYI, you're smack talking FSU to an SLU(t) fan.
    Doesn't make my comments less true.

Leave a comment:

• Rhett Hot
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    And I have BC losing to QU, if nothing else, then as a matter of principle alone.
    Truer words never been spoken.

+1

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Northeastern's out in round 1 because they realize where they are and they subsequently lay an egg. Michigan doesn't have the D to hang with the Greg F'awkers, and I have a coin flip decision as to whether or not DU or BU wins their game. And I have BC losing to QU, if nothing else, then as a matter of principle alone.

Leave a comment:

• Rhett Hot
    replied

Interesting to see how this goes for SCSU.
    Win the regional, face UN/NU/MI (ND won't win), then lose to Q, maybe BC (strong maybe)...

Let's revisit this in a few days.

Leave a comment:

• BU2K
    replied
    Originally posted by brenthoven View Post
    must have thought it was a larp/pot festival, and misread the title as "battle and bake."
    lol a+

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Must have thought it was a LARP/Pot festival, and misread the title as "Battle And Bake."
    They don't do that sort of thing in Colorado! They're good boys and girls.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
    Oh Brent, there are still a few of us around. And our team is in the tournament.

LetsGoDU was revived (even Puck Swami drops in) and Magness Mayhem was born. Yes, the Bronco Super Bowl win did divert a little attention from the Pios. But 35,000 did show up for the "Battle on Blake," at the Colorado Rockies field, later that month.
    Must have thought it was a LARP/Pot festival, and misread the title as "Battle And Bake."

Leave a comment:

• vizoroo
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I see you post as a Denver fan. I'm sorry, but there is no such thing. Move along.
    Oh Brent, there are still a few of us around. And our team is in the tournament.

LetsGoDU was revived (even Puck Swami drops in) and Magness Mayhem was born. Yes, the Bronco Super Bowl win did divert a little attention from the Pios. But 35,000 did show up for the "Battle on Blake," at the Colorado Rockies field, later that month.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
    Gripping thread so far. Reads like an extended dead-end video review in a blow out. Here's my contribution/big prediction. I'm a seer you know! I predict that they'll be a few more butts in seats than in this photo.

******* http://www.photoshelter.com/img-get/...23.jpg********
    I see you post as a Denver fan. I'm sorry, but there is no such thing. Move along.

Leave a comment:

• MagnessMan
    replied

Gripping thread so far. Reads like an extended dead-end video review in a blow out. Here's my contribution/big prediction. I'm a seer you know! I predict that they'll be a few more butts in seats than in this photo.

******* http://www.photoshelter.com/img-get/...23.jpg********

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Weather update: maybe some showers on Sat, nothing big, Sunday is nicer. Both days in the 40s.

Apparently, some parts of St Paul got hit hard with snow today, but it should be mostly (if not all) gone by the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• ThePowerConference
    replied

Here it is, right from Gophersports.com

Local college students and students from the four participating schools are able to purchase discounted tickets for the event. The tickets are $24 (subject to applicable fees) and students may purchase up to two tickets each day with a valid student ID. This offer is only valid at Xcel Energy Center box office and starts one hour prior to the start of each daily session.

Leave a comment:

• ThePowerConference
    replied

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Gopher fan here. I'm pulling for the team 60 miles up I-94, and would love to attend...but not with the price of admission going for $55...plus parking and concessions make it close to a $90 night. Any deals to be had?
    Gophersports has indicated that if you have a valid college student ID from any of the participating schools or another "local" school, you can purchase up to 2 tickets per ID for $24 each, 1 hour prior to face off at the box office.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied
    Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
    Pretty sure SCSU won their conference tournament as well. Not sure though. Maybe if this interweb thing could tell me. Oh there it is. Yep. They did. Didn't need to in order to get in like some others, but they did it anyways.

If Ferris plays the same way against SCSU that they did Mankato, they'll be spending half the game on the PK. Not a good gameplan against the #2 PP in the nation.
    Nevermind me, I'll go back to the golf course

For some reason I had it in my head that st, Clooud lost their conference championship. I go to box for 2 minutes and feel shame.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X