• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SanTropez
    replied
    Re: NCAA West Regional: St. Cloud State/Ferris State, Boston U/Denver

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    Not much to talk about here. I think there is already a consensus that St. Cloud is going to breeze right through this regional. But if you feel like it, go ahead and explain why your team will not just be another piece of red meat tossed to the beast that is the St. Cloud State hockey team.
    You forgot to add - unless you choke like the little sister that you are... the jan was strong today.

So there's that.

Leave a comment:

• Superfly100
    replied

Congrats to FSU. Way to represent.

Tipsy, Karma's a b****. Maybe all the weak WCHA comments are coming back to haunt you.

Tough loss for St. Cloud, but congrats on a very successful year overall.

Leave a comment:

• Jockstock
    replied

Not much to talk about here. I think there is already a consensus that St. Cloud is going to breeze right through this regional. But if you feel like it, go ahead and explain why your team will not just be another piece of red meat tossed to the beast that is the St. Cloud State hockey team.
    TANKED. Haha.

Leave a comment:

• Broseph Stalin
    replied

Weak WCHA team. No chance. Love it!

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Great win Ferris. Losing a 2 goal lead like that can be really deflating- but you pressed on, and really took advantage of St Cloud's play at the end.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

After the first, at the local watering hole, I called the 5-4 score, but not the winner. Missed the OT

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied

As I said. Ferris rolls.

Helmet kids.

Leave a comment:

• SanTropez
    replied

poor poor jan

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Let me be the first to say...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Putz

Leave a comment:

• dubbie31
    replied

Originally posted by RL3AO View Post
    I liked this one from the USCHO West Regional Preview.

"Why they won’t get to the Frozen Four: The old saw is that defense wins championships, so St. Cloud needs to shore itself up in the defensive zone."
    Denver gave them some trouble in the NCHC game but were unlucky. I would favor SCSU though to go through. So much speed and they're solid in the back. However....GO PIONEERS!

Leave a comment:

• RL3AO
    replied

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
    Obviously Ferris is going to try and slow the game down, clog up the neutral zone, etc. What a lot of people may not realize is that St Cloud's team defense is ranked 10th in nation. Everyone knows about their offense and their depth, but their team defense is also a great strength. Ferris State would be smart to stay out of the penalty box too.
    I liked this one from the USCHO West Regional Preview.

"Why they won’t get to the Frozen Four: The old saw is that defense wins championships, so St. Cloud needs to shore itself up in the defensive zone."

Leave a comment:

• ThePowerConference
    replied

Obviously Ferris is going to try and slow the game down, clog up the neutral zone, etc. What a lot of people may not realize is that St Cloud's team defense is ranked 10th in nation. Everyone knows about their offense and their depth, but their team defense is also a great strength. Ferris State would be smart to stay out of the penalty box too.

Leave a comment:

• dubbie31
    replied

I'm actually looking forward to the SCSU vs. Ferris game. Even though they've beaten Denver like a rented mule this season, they're an exciting team and a dangerous team to watch. What I love about SCSU is the speed in all four lines and their ability to transition before the opposition knows what even happened to them.

I'll say St. Cloud comes out with a 4-2 win. Ferris will hang with them for the 1st and 2nd period, but St. Cloud will pull away in the 3rd and wear down the Ferris resolve.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Bottles
    replied

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Depth is the one thing SCSU has in spades.
    yup... Ferris has 2 guys with 10 or more goals. In comparison we have 10 and three of those are on the 3rd and 4th lines (Jackson 10, Winiecki 12, Peterson 16). Our 3rd leading goal scorer (peterson) has spent time on the 4th line.

Of course the lines combos are always changing but the 3rd and 4th lines above are what I recall being out there during NCHC frozen faceoff.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    I've seen both SCSU and Ferris this season. The good news is you'll get an eastern officiating crew in all likelihood. FSU took 4 boarding calls last weekend that could all have easily been majors, so you can see how close they play to the edge of legality. But don't sleep on them - they are very effective at eliminating your best players. Depth is key to beating them, your 3rd & 4th lines must contribute. They're good about leaving shot lanes for their goalie to see and clogging up your guy.

Score early on them, the Bulldogs have very few ways to get back in the game when they're behind by 2.
    Depth is the one thing SCSU has in spades.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X