Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 WCHA Offseason; It's All Over, Save Ferris

Originally posted by Go___Tech_Gold View Post
    Any idea how the conversation turned to politics? It wasn't me who did it, it was FadeToBlack&Gold who said I must be a heartless Republican because I raised the point that how much money the WCHA administration had didn't matter since the schools have all the money they need to run the games and provide the refs. Even if WCHA administration went bankrupt the member schools could just start a new league in it's place which would begin with 0 and all would be ok.

Then I said, I would care if a children's charity hospital ran out of money but WCHA administration was completely different.

Also on that note, what is the deal with drawing a hard line completely between what you call politics, and hockey. Politics is an all encompassing vague term. On the front page of USCHO is that both Alaska programs face likely shut down because the Alaska government wants to try to close the budget shortfall. Are you going to accuse USCHO of being political for saying that? Government is politics. If it is politics, who cares? Most of the hockey programs we discuss here are state funded which means it's politics behind it.

I guess you want hockey to be an ivory tower of safety from dealing with the reality of the world but I'm sorry it doesn't work that way. Censoring politics is impossible because censorship is political in itself.

Please tell me you see the irony in your post...

Comment

I have refused to use the block feature on this site for a long time, but I'm getting very close to making an exception to the rule.
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        I have refused to use the block feature on this site for a long time, but I'm getting very close to making an exception to the rule.
        There are some that add nothing to a conversation and are only here to incite people. I refuse to play their game and would just as soon ignore their comments.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
          Please tell me you see the irony in your post...
          That two teams of the WCHA might lose their budgets and the league down to 8? That's still a healthy 8 teams, 2 more than the min needed to get an NCAA autobid.

Comment

That two teams of the WCHA might lose their budgets and the league down to 8? That's still a healthy 8 teams, 2 more than the min needed to get an NCAA autobid.
            Sigh

Might I suggest perusing the USCHO Cafe? I think you will find a willing audience for the topics you're yearning to discuss.

Comment

I owe everyone an apology. I was part of the problem.

I think BG Drew is pretty close overall. I was surprised to see the league has so few games vs the ECAC, I think not 1 until week 8.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Chris Dilks has released his preseason ballot as well as his selections for 1st team, 2nd team & All-Rookie team: http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2016...ia-poll-ballot
                Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by jsmithe View Post
                  Chris Dilks has released his preseason ballot as well as his selections for 1st team, 2nd team & All-Rookie team: http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2016...ia-poll-ballot
                  I'd quibble a little (I'd flip 1 and 2, and maybe 5 and 6), but I'd say Dilks is pretty much in the ballpark with what the consensus will be in pre-season polling.

Comment

. . . Politics is an all encompassing vague term. On the front page of USCHO is that both Alaska programs face likely shut down because the Alaska government wants to try to close the budget shortfall. Are you going to accuse USCHO of being political for saying that? Government is politics. If it is politics, who cares? Most of the hockey programs we discuss here are state funded which means it's politics behind it.

I guess you want hockey to be an ivory tower of safety from dealing with the reality of the world but I'm sorry it doesn't work that way. Censoring politics is impossible because censorship is political in itself.
                    You can't be that dense. Electoral politics being discussed is what they're talking about. Censorship of politics impossible? Not at all. I'm a moderator on a different sports board, and we have no problem keeping it out of there. Comply or take a vacation, and an eventual permaban.
                    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                      You can't be that dense. Electoral politics being discussed is what they're talking about. Censorship of politics impossible? Not at all. I'm a moderator on a different sports board, and we have no problem keeping it out of there. Comply or take a vacation, and an eventual permaban.
                      So, where did I turn this into electoral politics. The issue was WCHA league funding and it's significance. What is the issue here? Also unless you are moderator on this board who cares what bans you threaten with.

Comment

So, where did I turn this into electoral politics. The issue was WCHA league funding and it's significance. What is the issue here? Also unless you are moderator on this board who cares what bans you threaten with.
                        Dude, just let it go. We've all moved on. From here on out, just talk about college hockey and if someone insinuates you're of some political persuasion or another think about this before responding -- and then don't respond.

Comment

Working...
                        X