Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 WCHA Offseason; It's All Over, Save Ferris

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Well the latest rumor is Holy Cross (really?) potentially heading to Hockey East to replace Notre Dame.
    I guess the WCHA might as well get their requests in to poach teams from AH now before AH dissolves.
    Let the Eastern chaos begin...
    Ryan J
    Quinnipiac must have told them where to shove it.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Preseason media polls were due today. Here's how I voted: http://www.bgsuhockey.com/2016/09/wc...w-drews-picks/
      Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Go___Tech_Gold View Post
        But he won. It worked. UK Independence Party is what he started and they voted to leave the EU. And he pushed for that, as an EU MP representing the UK.
        yes temporarily but now he's been run out of town on a rail because people are recognizing what an idiot he is.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          yes temporarily but now he's been run out of town on a rail because people are recognizing what an idiot he is.
          You mean UK needs it's EU overlords to tell them what to do? They can't just be their own country? Sounds idiotic to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Go___Tech_Gold View Post
            You mean UK needs it's EU overlords to tell them what to do? They can't just be their own country? Sounds idiotic to me...
            Not at all. The firing of Farage and his party members really had nothing to do with the EU, or the vote, more it had to do with them getting nothing done on the other issues they face, and embarrassing their constituents repeatedly by saying stupid things and getting laughed at on National TV.. He knew this and that's why he didn't run again.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              Not at all. The firing of Farage and his party members really had nothing to do with the EU, or the vote, more it had to do with them getting nothing done on the other issues they face, and embarrassing their constituents repeatedly by saying stupid things and getting laughed at on National TV.. He knew this and that's why he didn't run again.
              They got done exactly what they intended to get done, to get the UK to vote to leave the EU, and they did.

Once this was over, Farage resigned as head of UKIP, his work was done successfully.

Comment

Oh my god, go away. This is the WCHA thread not Brexit. I don't give a flying * about farage or the UK.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

The one place where we could miss out on political BS...
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    Oh my god, go away. This is the WCHA thread not Brexit. I don't give a flying * about farage or the UK.
                    I agree. I would rather read the old Pink Pony posts than the political B.S.
                    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                      Preseason media polls were due today. Here's how I voted: http://www.bgsuhockey.com/2016/09/wc...w-drews-picks/
                      I'll be the sacrificial lamb to re-introduce actual WCHA conversation to the topic. Feel free to critique.
                      Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

I'd say that looks about right for pre-season. Assuming good player health, I see Tech's ceiling as high as 2nd (if a starting goaltender is quickly established), and their floor as low as 5th (if they end up rotating through all 3 goalies and can't get one to play well consistently until late in the year). They've got a tough, road-slanted schedule this season too (at UMD, at Mankato, at Michigan, at Notre Dame, at Bowling Green), including the back-to-back Alaska roadtrip over Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                          I'll be the sacrificial lamb to re-introduce actual WCHA conversation to the topic. Feel free to critique.
                          Good picks, hard to argue most of them. Anybody else willing to show off their predictions?
                          Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            I'd say that looks about right for pre-season. Assuming good player health, I see Tech's ceiling as high as 2nd (if a starting goaltender is quickly established), and their floor as low as 5th (if they end up rotating through all 3 goalies and can't get one to play well consistently until late in the year). They've got a tough, road-slanted schedule this season too (at UMD, at Mankato, at Michigan, at Notre Dame, at Bowling Green), including the back-to-back Alaska roadtrip over Thanksgiving.
                            With what Tech brings back, ceiling is the Cup, nothing less. In fact, Tech should be the favorite.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                              I agree. I would rather read the old Pink Pony posts than the political B.S.
                              Any idea how the conversation turned to politics? It wasn't me who did it, it was FadeToBlack&Gold who said I must be a heartless Republican because I raised the point that how much money the WCHA administration had didn't matter since the schools have all the money they need to run the games and provide the refs. Even if WCHA administration went bankrupt the member schools could just start a new league in it's place which would begin with 0 and all would be ok.

Then I said, I would care if a children's charity hospital ran out of money but WCHA administration was completely different.

Also on that note, what is the deal with drawing a hard line completely between what you call politics, and hockey. Politics is an all encompassing vague term. On the front page of USCHO is that both Alaska programs face likely shut down because the Alaska government wants to try to close the budget shortfall. Are you going to accuse USCHO of being political for saying that? Government is politics. If it is politics, who cares? Most of the hockey programs we discuss here are state funded which means it's politics behind it.

I guess you want hockey to be an ivory tower of safety from dealing with the reality of the world but I'm sorry it doesn't work that way. Censoring politics is impossible because censorship is political in itself.

Comment

Time to add someone to my ignore list...

Comment

Working...
                                X