replied
    Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
    Through Canada?
    Through Canada is actually longer.

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    thanks for taking the extreme and throwing out the idea that the ECAC and WCHA should play more...love your positivity.
    One must look at the whole picture. Sure, Bowling Green to Mercyhurst is a relatively quick trip. But neither Bemidji nor Mankato is a one day bus trip to any AHA or ECAC school, nor is Michigan Tech, nor is NMU (been on a few Marquettr to Erie football trips). Even the Soo to Pittsburgh or Erie is around 11 hours by bus. Yes, there are a handful of doable WCHA/AHA/ECAC bus trips but not many. That's not negativity. That's reality. Tech has done Huntsville by bus. Do you think they want to add a similar amount of bus time to Buffalo?

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied
    Re: How to improve the Pairwise

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    It's a great ride from Bemidji to Potsdam
    thanks for taking the extreme and throwing out the idea that the ECAC and WCHA should play more...love your positivity.

Leave a comment:

• billmich88888
    replied

Through Canada?

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    by using a bus?

Leave a comment:

• LordofBrewtown
    replied

QWB really isn't in the RPI calc with it being 25/21/51. Here are the most valuable teams to beat for this season with adjusted RPI rank in paranthesis (before adding QWB):
    (1) Quinnipiac
    (8) Harvard
    (10) Boston University
    (4) Providence
    (6) Denver
    (14) Minnesota-Duluth
    (7) Michigan
    (2) St. Cloud State
    (5) Boston College
    (12) Notre Dame
    (13) Northeastern
    (17) Minnesota
    (3) North Dakota
    (16) Cornell
    (18) Robert Morris
    (23) Minnesota State
    (11) Yale
    (9) Mass.-Lowell
    (15) Michigan Tech
    (22) Dartmouth

Missing 19, 20, 21

I really do like the idea of giving QWB to road teams getting a positive results against the top 20 home RPI teams...
    What I meant by it "already being in RPI" is that your RPI is already getting the benefit of having played a good team vs a poor one.

I like/understand what the QWB is trying to achieve; but, I really, really dislike the QWB in practice. And if you split the comparisons into a separate road RPI, there should not be the need for it.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Originally posted by tape View Post
    If this is based on the last couple of seasons, HEA has been 22/12. (12 teams = play 11 teams home and away)

I mean, you don't. Unless you can somehow invent teleportation.
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• tape
    replied

HEA 24/10
    If this is based on the last couple of seasons, HEA has been 22/12. (12 teams = play 11 teams home and away)

The would be nice. I'd love to get out east and see some new opponents, venues, towns & fans, but how do you do it without incurring the huge expense of air travel?
    I mean, you don't. Unless you can somehow invent teleportation.
    Last edited by tape; 03-24-2016, 01:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Patman
    replied

The would be nice. I'd love to get out east and see some new opponents, venues, towns & fans, but how do you do it without incurring the huge expense of air travel?
    have no other hobbies and interests

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

by using a bus?

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    Thats fine if true, and maybe this isn't as big a problem anymore directly because WCHA is at 8-10 possible NC games now because of Alaska exemptions.
    NCHC 24/10
    B1G 20/14 (currently, have to see if that continues with ND moving)
    HEA 24/10
    WCHA 28/6-10
    ECAC 22/12 (non-ivy)
    ECAC 22/7 (ivy)
    AHA 28/6

I guess maybe the direct number of games isn't the problem...its the East/West distribution...
    League - Games vs other half of country/Total NC games (%)
    B1G - 47/89 (0.528)
    NCHC - 39/84 (0.464)
    AHA - 26/66 (0.394)
    HEA - 50/131 (0.382)
    ECAC - 26/108 (0.241)
    WCHA - 16/71 (0.225)

ECAC and WCHA need to play more...
    Last edited by davyd83; 03-24-2016, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Shirtless Guy
    replied

Other than the WCHA and AHA, the rest play 24 or fewer conference games. If the WCHA were to cut 4 games off their conference slate, it would push more into having to accept more 2-for-1 offers from the Michigan's and 1-for-nones from the North Dakotas & Penn States of the college hockey world. It's already tough enough for the WCHA to fill 6-8 non conference games with equal home and road dates.
    Thats fine if true, and maybe this isn't as big a problem anymore directly because WCHA is at 8-10 possible NC games now because of Alaska exemptions.
    NCHC 24/10
    B1G 20/14 (currently, have to see if that continues with ND moving)
    HEA 22/12
    WCHA 28/6-10
    ECAC 22/12 (non-ivy)
    ECAC 22/7 (ivy)
    AHA 28/6

I guess maybe the direct number of games isn't the problem...its the East/West distribution...
    League - Games vs other half of country/Total NC games (%)
    B1G - 47/89 (0.528)
    NCHC - 39/84 (0.464)
    AHA - 26/66 (0.394)
    HEA - 50/131 (0.382)
    ECAC - 26/108 (0.241)
    WCHA - 16/71 (0.225)

ECAC and WCHA need to play more...
    Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 03-24-2016, 01:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    Or they could start making deals with eastern schools. UVM, UNH, and Maine have been scheduling each other for OOC, I'm sure they would prefer to play someone from the WCHA.
    Which adds the cost of flying to games to an already travel strapped league. But even with a 28 game schedule now, WCHA teams are having more conversations about games with their Eastern brethren.
    Last edited by davyd83; 03-24-2016, 12:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• UML Puck Hawk
    replied

Other than the WCHA and AHA, the rest play 24 or fewer conference games. If the WCHA were to cut 4 games off their conference slate, it would push more into having to accept more 2-for-1 offers from the Michigan's and 1-for-nones from the North Dakotas & Penn States of the college hockey world. It's already tough enough for the WCHA to fill 6-8 non conference games with equal home and road dates.
    Or they could start making deals with eastern schools. UVM, UNH, and Maine have been scheduling each other for OOC, I'm sure they would prefer to play someone from the WCHA.

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    get conferences to reduce number of conference games to have more interconference matchups to allow for better cross conference data...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X