Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
    I think if he's there at 15 and Tyson Jost/Logan Brown have been picked then the Minnesota Wild will select Kunin.
    15 days ago. Nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      Hard to believe the BADgers, with their totally sucky team, had two players go in the first round. Proves once again that hockey is a team sport, and you need depth to win.
      Except that Fredric had nothing to do with a totally sucky team and will arrive on campus this fall as part of the group that will lead the turn around.

Comment

Can't be sure where all this will lead, of course, but it's hard to believe how quickly the momentum has changed for Badger hockey. And it's good for everybody.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              Yeah, between the numerous times they kept Elliott on the bench, even as their statistically best goalie, and the Opilka situation: **** the Blues.

Plus, there's the overlap with the Cardinals fan base, and... yuck.
              I hope he does well in Calgary. They seem to know they have a winner.

"You see his game, sort of a late bloomer, maybe he doesn't get the fanfare of a lot of other guys, but when you really dig into the numbers this guy has been one of the best goaltenders in the League for the last number of years," Treliving said. "We thought that the contract and the acquisition cost was very reasonable. The other thing, too, is it's about the character of this person. You go and talk to teammates, coaches that have been around him, he is loved by people he plays with. We think that's a really important thing.

"He'll drive your practice. Anybody I talk to when I was doing my research said he will be the hardest worker you have in practice, he'll drive your practice and he will make your players better in practice because he doesn't like to let a puck in any time. We're happy to have him."

Comment

Kudos to the new staff on scrambling to plug the gapping holes on the roster on D with a couple kids that went in the third and 5th round. Nyberg was a rabbit out of the hat in what seemed like an unknown out of left field. I would imagine Oz's contacts with Chicago or Granato with the Wings are what put them onto Nyberg.

Comment

From what I hear and read, it's a good chance Kunin is staying 1 more year. That's WAY off from when I posted I thought he would leave half way thru' LAST year. I really hope so. That kid deserves to be on a promising team, and play in front of large crowds.

I don't like my crow "neat", so I had it on pizza.

As much as I love summer in Wisconsin, I cannot wait for Badger Hockey to face off.
                  Last edited by MadCityRich; 06-26-2016, 03:34 PM.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                    Kudos to the new staff on scrambling to plug the gapping holes on the roster on D with a couple kids that went in the third and 5th round. Nyberg was a rabbit out of the hat in what seemed like an unknown out of left field. I would imagine Oz's contacts with Chicago or Granato with the Wings are what put them onto Nyberg.
                    No kidding. The info on the interweb was minimal, making it look like G2O was taking a flyer on the guy. Turns out he was a high quality pickup who should be in the top 2 d pair. A+ on that pickup.

I tip the hat to Eaves, who did have 3 of the 5 drafted guys on the roster.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Kunin himself bluntly stated on the draft floor that his plan was one more year at wisconsin and then on to the NHL. usually kids dodge around the question, but kunin seemed pretty **** confident in himself.

Comment

• WILD

Keith Tkachuk had big role in Wild top pick Luke Kunin's development

Keith Tkachuk spoke after being inducted into the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame in December 2011.
                        By MICHAEL RUSSO , STAR TRIBUNE
                        June 26, 2016 - 12:12 AM

+
                        BUFFALO, N.Y. – Like Hall of Famer Al MacInnis and former NHL defenseman Jeff Brown, Keith Tkachuk had his hand in the development of the five St. Louis-area players selected in the first round of this weekend’s NHL draft.

One of those players was Wild first-round pick Luke Kunin, the 15th pick in the draft.

Tkachuk, a former 500-goal, 1,000-point NHL star from Massachusetts, has known Kunin since he was 5 years old. In fact, last year was the first year since he was a kid that Kunin wasn’t teammates with Keith’s son, Matt Tkachuk, drafted sixth overall by the Calgary Flames.

“Luke Kunin is a guy that you can play in any situation,” said Keith Tkachuk, who coached Kunin on the St. Louis AAA Blues. “He’s one of those guys that a coach would fall in love with him. He’s just got so many qualities coaches love.

“When you see this kid every day, his work ethic on and off the ice, he’s just a superb kid. He’ll do whatever it takes to get to the NHL, and this kid will get there.”

How will Wild reshape roster after a dull finish to draft?
                        Tkachuk said Kunin’s leadership is off the charts.

“He’ll hit, kill penalties, power play, tough kid, he’s an elite skater and he’s got an unbelievable shot,” Tkachuk said. “I treated him just like I treated my own kid, and at times they both hated it. I hope they realize now what I was doing.”

Comments

Comment

Working...
                        X