Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

The NCAA limits playing and practice seasons and, in particular, the number of hours that a student-athlete may participate in intercollegiate athletics.
    Code:

In-Season     	       Out-of-Season (during academic year)
    4 hours per day	        4 hours per day
    20 hours per week    	8 hours per week
    1 day off per week	2 days off per week 
    competition=3 hours	Non-FB, skill instruction 2 of the 8 hrs/week
     	                        FB, film review 2 of the 8 hrs/week
    Daily & weekly hour limitations do not apply to the following time periods:
    • During preseason practice prior to the 1st day of classes or the first scheduled contest, whichever comes first
      During an institution’s vacation periods as listed on the official academic calendar and during the academic year between terms when classes are not in session and a sport is in-season

Comment

Well, at least our logo made it to the post-season this year. I had totally forgotten that we were 'hosting'.

Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
      Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
      sigpic
      Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
      1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

2016 College Hockey Arena Rankings

Kohl Center at #3 (Behind Amsoil Arena in Duluth and Mariucci)

5 spots ahead of the Ralph
        BWAHAAHAAHAA

"red and white banners surround a beautiful center-hung scoreboard" maybe 5 years ago...

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/news/0...arena-rankings

Sorry, got a little carried away with the smilies

Comment

Yeah, there's a lot there that's obviously bull****. Even in our terrible years (with low attendance and a band that, unless something changed in the last two years, has been consistently de-emphasized), we should rank well in those lists. But not #3 well. #3 in '06? Yeah, sure. But not now.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I came across Stadium Journey a couple of years ago. I was able to determine that they were there for a game against Michigan Tech in the 2012-13 season - definitely down from the peak of Badgers Hockey at the Kohl Center, but well above what it fell to after opening weekend in 2014-15.

I think it's a pretty cool site, but I'm not surprised people are going nuts about the rankings without seeing how each rating is determined.

Comment

Ottawa leading Bruins 4-1 with 2 minutes left in 2nd period. A Wings win or Bruins loss and the Wings are in the playoffs. Wings and Rangers tied at 1 end of 2nd. Tony's arrival could be delayed.

Comment

Shoot darn

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Bruins lose 6-1. Wings are in the playoffs.

Comment

East Coast bias

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      East Coast bias
                      Cannot imagine how Baasten could lose by that wide of a margin at home when the game was important. Crowd booed their team with 1 minute left in the game. Cannot say I blame them.

Hope East Coast bias works tonight on eSECpn.

Comment

Yes. Go Q.

I think now it's probably best to just pull for the Wings to win the cup.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I need one of you that is heavy into the X's an O's of the game to answer this...

What style of play would you think Team GranatOz to employ? Other than "better", which is obvious, how will the Badgers look different next year in terms of the way the play? One thing I would hope for would be more of an attacking PK than the Eaves rotating box that never seemed to force the issue. Just sat back and rotated with the passes.

Thanks for any info anyone can share.

Comment

Originally posted by BuB View Post
                            I need one of you that is heavy into the X's an O's of the game to answer this...

What style of play would you think Team GranatOz to employ? Other than "better", which is obvious, how will the Badgers look different next year in terms of the way the play? One thing I would hope for would be more of an attacking PK than the Eaves rotating box that never seemed to force the issue. Just sat back and rotated with the passes.

Thanks for any info anyone can share.
                            I can guarantee that the defense will be much more aggressive under The Great and Powerful Oz. Pressuring on the PK, blocking shots, which Oz is the expert, etc.

I haven't looked at Donny's style, but for Tony, well here are some headlines from 20 years ago........

Spitting Image of a Pest : Game 5: The Kings' Granato is hated by NHL players--until they become his teammates.
                            May 11, 1993 | LISA DILLMAN, TIMES STAFF WRITER

Granato Is Suspended for Slashing : Pro Hockey: King wing will miss at least three games for hitting Chicago's Wilkinson over the head. February 11, 1994 | STEVE SPRINGER, TIMES STAFF WRITER

NHL Comes Down Hard on Granato : Hockey: The Kings' wing is suspended for 15 games for smashing Wilkinson on head. Ban is third longest in league history.
                            February 17, 1994 | STEVE SPRINGER, TIMES STAFF WRITER

I can't ****ing wait.
                            Last edited by MadCityRich; 04-09-2016, 09:27 PM.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• So there was recently pretty heavy criticism about some players being too physical and taking bad penalties... Now we get excited about headlines about our new coach that highlight the same thing.
                              Some days I get so confused trying to be a Badger fan.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                                So there was recently pretty heavy criticism about some players being too physical and taking bad penalties... Now we get excited about headlines about our new coach that highlight the same thing.
                                Some days I get so confused trying to be a Badger fan.
                                Look, I'm pretty sure MCR was saying the D is going to be much more aware and hard-nosed under G2O.

that said, I can't resist:

the criticism was about some UW players taking boarding and checking from behind penalties, both of which are incredibly dangerous and in many/most cases A. avoidable and B. just a downright dirty over-the-top type of play. this is what myself and others on here complained about regarding some terrible misjudgments (at best) of some of the UW players and Dirty/malicious hits (at worst).

Tony Granato was a feisty, hard-nosed player at Wisconsin, in Los Angeles, in San Jose and New York. I don't think he could be labeled as dirty, dangerous, etc. He wasn't say, Shawn Hill out in Denver boarding a guy (the victim apparently never played hockey again, I forget his name offhand), and he wasn't a Downey, or Claude Lemieux type in the NHL. Sorry, your attempt to analogize rings hollow. I don't think you could find an NHL player anywhere who WOULDN'T have wanted Tony Granato on his team.

"Some days I get so confused TRYING to be a badger fan"

uhm...I thought you WERE a Badger fan!!!?? Stop "trying" and get on the train. And being a Badger fan doesn't mean you have to be a pollyanna. It's ok and fair to criticize sometimes, ya know?
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X