Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I just watched it all as well and I have the same problem! I wanna run through a brick wall right now. I feel as euphoric as I did when the gals won the wcha tourney and regular season titles this year or the lads won the B6 tourney in 2014.
    Well, Timmy, at least your body won't be the first thing to hit the wall.

Just wondering, can we expect 15,000 + each night on opening weekend? I'll be there.
    Last edited by MadCityRich; 03-31-2016, 08:45 PM.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

What are the odds this is an April Fool's joke?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ice Bisquit View Post
        B.A. hit the Trifecta with the head coach and associate head coach hires. I think we need to go for the Quadrella - lets get a top notch goalie coach in here. It didn't appear that young Matt improved much if any under Sanger. Have there been any rumblings about Howie? Is there any other option available other than Howie? It would be a shame to neglect the goalies. Let's also get back to being "Goaltender U."
        Let's get Howie back doing color on the radio, too.

Comment

Was at the presser yesterday with my new badger fan, on cloud 9. Called Monday to ask for my old tickets back after dropping them last year. Can't wait to take my new little badger to games this fall. Was fairly checked out this year, and so incredibly happy about the coaches. Feels like we won the NC!

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            Just wondering, can we expect 15,000 + each night on opening weekend? I'll be there.
            At this point, I would be pretty surprised, but we'll see how it goes when we're less than half a year from opening night. I definitely expect at least a respectable crowd, and I could see opening weekend getting a noticeable bump above subsequent games.

We'll also have to see how student ticket sales go.

I do think 12K+ for Friday is very reasonable right now, if I have to predict.
            Last edited by WiscDC; 03-31-2016, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              Well, Timmy, at least your body won't be the first thing to hit the wall.

I'd expect a decent crowd for the BC series, but games during the football season just don't quite draw as well. Once conference play and the second semester gets going, I'd expect a few games close to the 15k mark.

Comment

• “I actually watched their press conference online the other day,” said McCabe who played at Wisconsin from 2011-14. “You kind of feel their passion and their excitement around the whole program. You know if I was a 15, 16, 17-year old I don’t know how I’d ever turn down a coaching staff like that with pro experience those guys have. It’s exciting and I’m proud to be an alum.” --Jake McCabe

LINK

Comment

Anything would be better than the attendance for the opener last year.

http://host.madison.com/ct/sports/co...24d310fee.html

I think to jump from where they were last season to 15k based on coaching alone is probably not realistic. Drawing consistently (and actually scanning anywhere) around 10K would be a huge jump at this point, but really big crowds are typically predicated on a successful program. If they win, the attendance will continue to improve.
                  Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                    I'd expect a decent crowd for the BC series, but games during the football season just don't quite draw as well. Once conference play and the second semester gets going, I'd expect a few games close to the 15k mark.
                    We have football tickets and Sat. night hockey tx. It's difficult to impossible to get the hockey game when both are on the same day. We usually bail on the hockey game. I wish they'd make an effort not to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                      We have football tickets and Sat. night hockey tx. It's difficult to impossible to get the hockey game when both are on the same day. We usually bail on the hockey game. I wish they'd make an effort not to do this.

We used to enjoy those double headers when we had both tix.

Greenbush Bar was conveniently on the way.

Does make for a long day though.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
                        There's always time, even when staying for fifth quarter. The band members tend to be a little late, but they all make it, despite all the extra marching/playing. I could definitely see how any of several different factors would make it tough to do, though. In the last couple of years, I could make a pit stop at my apartment. (On the other hand, I have more incentive to get to the hockey game earlier.)

Comment

I actually loved the dual weekends. It was just Badger overload.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            I actually loved the dual weekends. It was just Badger overload.
                            I've preferred my 5-game winter weekends. (Football games are draining, and the timing is trickier when it's 2:30 football and 8:00 hockey.)

Friday: women's hockey then men's hockey
                            Saturday: men's basketball then men's hockey
                            Sunday: women's hockey

Comment

I still can't believe what transpired this week

in my excitement I had to dig up some gems (some other cool videos have been taken down, where'd the 99-00 highlights go for instance?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQTyjzechQI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lLX8zS8Xco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1sfzjzH9z4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVPrCwONli0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnI3...eature=related

also, f u rodents! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by-m-gpOgFU
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Nice, solo. (first link isn't a link though if there was something else you had to share there.)

Stupid Wild. Lose to the Wings last night who are now tied for a wildcard spot.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X