Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Rumor on Twitter that the new coaching staff will be the highest paid staff in college hockey.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
      It wouldn't shock me if the compensation for the three coaches was approaching $1M in total.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
        It wouldn't shock me if the compensation for the three coaches was approaching $1M in total.
        Compensation would likely be considerably more than that. Eaves made about $270k in UW salary last year excluding bonuses. (for example in 2013 it was $307k) but that's only about half of what he makes, as UW foundation and "other" was paying him at least $250k/year. (that part from two year old data, so let's say it totaled $500 - $550k.)

80% of Bo Ryan's $2.4m came through UW foundation. He was on the UW payroll for only $400k. Chryst is on for $500k.

It's been reported in the past that Lucia is the highest paid at around $800k in total. If we're talking actual money, a million isn't close to getting the job done. And if true, the donors have really stepped up to the plate.
        Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 03-30-2016, 07:25 AM.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

BTN stream

http://www.btn2go.com/game/wisconsin...ess-conference
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Whomever is going to the KC today, might I suggest bringing socks to wave (or throw, hat trick style).
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

For those looking for season ticket information, you can get on the list here: Ticket Request

For those wondering about the timing of ticket-related items, here is the information that I got:
              IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
              April - New patrons for men’s hockey may start to request season tickets
              May 23 - Season ticket applications mailed and online sales begin for returning patrons
              June 30 - Season ticket application and annual contribution deadline
              September 6 - Packages and group tickets on sale for all 2016-17 home games
              Mid-September - Season tickets mailed
              September 22 - Single game ticket on sale for all 2016-17 home games
              Early October - First home series

Also, it is important to note that UW does not have the final say in the finalizing or releasing of the schedule.

It will likely become the new normal that we will get the schedule in bits and pieces. They will announce the non-con schedule, they will announce the weekends for conference series, B1G Basketball schedules get finalized, BTN figures out their schedule for basketball coverage, BTN figures out their schedule for hockey coverage, we get finalized days/times for conference games.

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                For those looking for season ticket information, you can get on the list here: Ticket Request

For those wondering about the timing of ticket-related items, here is the information that I got:
                IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
                April - New patrons for men’s hockey may start to request season tickets
                May 23 - Season ticket applications mailed and online sales begin for returning patrons
                June 30 - Season ticket application and annual contribution deadline
                September 6 - Packages and group tickets on sale for all 2016-17 home games
                Mid-September - Season tickets mailed
                September 22 - Single game ticket on sale for all 2016-17 home games
                Early October - First home series

Also, it is important to note that UW does not have the final say in the finalizing or releasing of the schedule.

It will likely become the new normal that we will get the schedule in bits and pieces. They will announce the non-con schedule, they will announce the weekends for conference series, B1G Basketball schedules get finalized, BTN figures out their schedule for basketball coverage, BTN figures out their schedule for hockey coverage, we get finalized days/times for conference games.
                Thanks Jason

Comment

• I chills reading this story...

Tony Granato’s coming home, and he’s bringing company

Comment

They made a Knock-Your-Socks-Off hype site. http://ThisWillKnockYourSocksOff.com

I've never seen anything remotely close to this since becoming a Wisconsin Badgers hockey fan. This is unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                      They made a Knock-Your-Socks-Off hype site. http://ThisWillKnockYourSocksOff.com

I've never seen anything remotely close to this since becoming a Wisconsin Badgers hockey fan. This is unbelievable.
                      Just beat me to posting this link. Completely agree that I'm surprised/shocked that they put that together to promote this new staff and era of Badger hockey. I don't remember the UW ever going all in like this to market any new hire, regardless of sport.
                      Last edited by Badger Booster; 03-30-2016, 09:45 AM.

Comment

What an exciting day!

In a way, reminiscent of the way I felt when Eaves was first hired, like Badger hockey was going back to the top in short order after a down period. Only perhaps a bit more so. Also it seems like that was ten minutes ago, even though I'm not that old. I still skate and if Eaves would have just given me a scholarship a couple years ago... er... sorry, I digress.

Perhaps the most important thing with Tony is that he is maybe the one guy that will be able to unite the various factions that were fractured going all the way back to the late 90's. We have so many great alumni and if they all get involved in some way working together and supporting Badger hockey, it will be an immeasurable boost for the program.

It's a Great Day for Hockey.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                          I don't remember the UW ever going all in like this to market any new hire, regardless of sport.
                          For the same reasons we seem to agree the big $$$, big splash hire was necessary to jump-start a turnaround, there's value in powering up the hype train as much as possible.

It looks like they're even leaving the ice uncovered for some extra hockey flavor. https://www.instagram.com/p/BDlDebtkduA/

Comment

Even Sidney Crosby has a video on the hype site!

Comment

Mike Richter is still a nerd. "Go Wisconsin."

Ha!
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                Mike Richter is still a nerd. "Go Wisconsin."

Ha!
                                I'm fond of "Let's go the University of Wisconsin - Madison intercollegiate athletics department men's ice hockey team!"

Comment

Working...
                                X