Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Fan speculation and members of the media saying that Chelios "could be" a candidate for the job is a long way from "will replace." It's just as likely that the Wings would seek out a veteran NHL coach to join their first year head coach who has only one other NHL assistant season under his belt and his other assistant who is in his first season coaching in the NHL. It's one of the reasons they brought Granato back this year. Chelios has zero experience as a full time coach, head or assistant. Grand Rapids Head Coach Todd Nelson has NHL experience as an assistant and as an interim Head Coach and would be a far better candidate. I'm not saying it definitely won't be Chris, but the Wings will likely explore a few options.
    Great point. Chelios does not have the bench coaching experience and the Wings are fighting for their last spot playoff life. Cannot find the tweet anymore, but it was adjacent to another reporting Tony will be named UW head coach. Thought it was a Detroit media person who tweeted about Chellie.

If Granato is hired by UW, it will be interesting to see whether Tony has a hard stop or if he will stay behind the bench until a later date.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
      Great point. Chelios does not have the bench coaching experience and the Wings are fighting for their last spot playoff life. Cannot find the tweet anymore, but it was adjacent to another reporting Tony will be named UW head coach. Thought it was a Detroit media person who tweeted about Chellie.

If Granato is hired by UW, it will be interesting to see whether Tony has a hard stop or if he will stay behind the bench until a later date.
      The red wings brass said Tony is in Detroit until they're season is over
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post

Free press quotes gm saying not sure where Tony will be next year, but he will be with Wings til end of their year!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          The red wings brass said Tony is in Detroit until they're season is over
          Originally posted by Bratbill View Post
          Free press quotes gm saying not sure where Tony will be next year, but he will be with Wings til end of their year!

Makes sense and is fair. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Okay, I have chores to get done. Anyone watching the regional finals on ESPNU today let the thread know if they ever discuss this in the intermission reports.
            They just did a quick overview of the situation. They mentioned Mark Osiecki's recruiting connections as well.

Comment

I wonder how Donny has to handle talking to Khodorenko and J. D. Greenway about playing for the Badgers. Presumably there are rules governing this sort of unusual situation, but I don't know what they would be. U-17's still have a couple of regular season games left I believe.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

My biggest question revolves around what the pay packages look like to get the three of them here...

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                  They just did a quick overview of the situation. They mentioned Mark Osiecki's recruiting connections as well.

I'm curious to see how it was reported. Maybe it'll be on espn.com later?

Basic story here, with no mention of Don or Oz. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...n-hockey-coach
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    I'm curious to see how it was reported. Maybe it'll be on espn.com later?

Basic story here, with no mention of Don or Oz. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...n-hockey-coach
                    I didn't catch all of it, but they mentioned the success Eaves had at UW and that there was a significant downturn, resulting in the change. They said where Granato was coming from, and they did say that Don Granato and Mark Oseicki were reported to be assistants. They said something about Osiecki's connections in Minnesota, and then they wrapped up the segment. It was something like that.

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                    My biggest question revolves around what the pay packages look like to get the three of them here...
                    I've been wondering this as well.

Comment

Assuming granato was first choice?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Assuming granato was first choice?
                        Nope. Mike Babcock. Don't know what went wrong there exactly. Could be the $8 million/year I suppose.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          Nope. Mike Babcock. Don't know what went wrong there exactly. Could be the $8 million/year I suppose.
                          Ha. Was just curious. Thought hoky said something about mark johnson.

Comment

About Oz

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2016...coaching-staff

Comment

Great hires! Your program should do a 180 in no time. Great news for the B1G and for the great UMN vs UW rivalry!
                              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                But...Babcock Dairy!

Comment

Working...
                                X