Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Mac, that is ****ing awesome.
    Thanks, I agree, but that is because it's 99.99% EODS. I just colored in between the lines.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

KaMiGo is obviously related to Eaves or met him at a camp - which was the greatest thrill of his life - or something.

To answer the question, no, I will probably not buy season tickets as I'm still busy with my kid's high school hockey on a lot of weekend nights through the winter.

In addition, I don't go to any sporting events as much as I did 15 years ago. Used to have football tickets, both nights of hockey and go to several hoops games a year along with 10-ish Brewers games a summer and a Hawks game or 3.

I don't do most of that anymore and go to a football, basketball and hockey game or two each year now. Kinda been there, done that with attending sporting events.

I am more engaged/interested in the team though and will likely be more inclined to attend a few single games next season.

I've always loved following teams on the upswing.

I enjoy watching the step by step process over several seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Regardless of who the next coach is, it will take a year or 3 before they can get their players in and implement whatever system they want to run.

If they have to run a defensive system at the outset, so be it.

I'm happy to give them that time.
        Oh I agree that they will need time. I think though that unlike a lot of disasters that result in regime change, the next coach here is walking into a team that can possibly win right away, given it holds together and the right moves are made. Goal is a big question and D is thin but there could/should be 4 lines that can score.

Speaking of goalies, Jurusik has ability but needs help. For more wild speculation: CuJo has recently coached goalies in the OHL...
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Hmmm... Since we're on OZ today I suppose today's Rockford Ice Hog news might be relevant: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...322-story.html

Is it controversial that Ross wasn't suspended after he was charged? It seems to be more common in pro sports these days. (Both getting charged and being suspended.)
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            Thanks, I agree, but that is because it's 99.99% EODS.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWecfzkKiIM

In all seriousness, though, if we do end up really liking the hire, should we celebrate the first home goal of next season by throwing socks on the ice?

I smell a promotional opportunity*, Barry...

* Figuratively. Not because of the socks. Let's hope the socks aren't fresh off of peoples feet...
            Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 03-22-2016, 01:45 PM.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              How can this be answered until all of the information is in?
              Because most of the previous comments that I can recall (I haven't gone through the archives to find any specific statements) were along the lines of "I'm done until they fire Eaves".

Well, now they've fired Eaves. Are those people going to rebound immediately or is there something else keeping them away?

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                Because most of the previous comments that I can recall (I haven't gone through the archives to find any specific statements) were along the lines of "I'm done until they fire Eaves".

Well, now they've fired Eaves. Are those people going to rebound immediately or is there something else keeping them away?

You can't project what these few diehards (comparatively) that post here will do onto the 10k or so lost game attendees.

Wouldn't think that would be so hard to figure out.

Oh yeah, and I see that you've abandoned your assertion that people here said that fans would "swarm" back once Eaves was fired.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post

I think you are over simplifying it. Few if any that were sick of Eaves or just thought he was wrong, or whatever, expected him to change. Way past that, and it's not like Eaves was accused of being lazy, he just did what he did. Therefore a lot of blame has fallen on the AD and it's lack of interest (or perceived lack, however you want to put it) in hockey and maintaining it to a certain standard. Until the AD actually announces it's intentions to go forward, few are going to just say everything is coming up roses. Few trust the AD, so they have to earn some of that back. Making a quality hire would be a great start.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    Oh I agree that they will need time. I think though that unlike a lot of disasters that result in regime change, the next coach here is walking into a team that can possibly win right away, given it holds together and the right moves are made. Goal is a big question and D is thin but there could/should be 4 lines that can score.

Speaking of goalies, Jurusik has ability but needs help. For more wild speculation: CuJo has recently coached goalies in the OHL...
                    If the new coach can convince Kunin and Besse to stay and Fredrick to come...the team will be pretty deep and good up front. I agree the D is thin and horribly thin by recent Wisconsin standards. A hire like Oz could fairly quickly change the situation on D based on his recruiting and development history of D...Wisconsin would suddenly become extremely attractive with both Oz here and opportunity for a significant role early. Top uncommitted D like JD Greenway (USDP), Alex Stevens (Sioux Falls USHL), and Tyler Jutting (Shuttuks...maybe he don't want to play for dad in Omaha) should become extremely interested in Wisconsin. New guy could also shop the pushed back/development spurt aisle (like Wiercioch going to Denver) or guys committed to schools that don't do scholarships/letters of intent. Find a right dman or two and get some quality coaching and you can shore things up pretty quickly.

And on the can Oz teach someone else to recruit as a head coach isn't as actively involved...I call bull. No reason a head coach can't be very hands on in the life blood of his program and make phone calls, social media interaction, visits, and the rest of what needs to be done in recruiting. It should be all hands on deck when it comes to recruiting...including the head guy.
                    Last edited by markwojo; 03-22-2016, 02:22 PM.

Comment

What would knock my socks off:

HC - Mark Johnson
                      AC - Don Granato
                      AC - Mark Osiecki

One can dream, right?

Comment

I'd rather keep Badger Jr on the women's side.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          Ditto...Mark needs to keep on winning with the lady's. He's got a great thing going....
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            Me too.

Comment

Agree...not a fan in the least of MJ crossing over to the boys side of things. Decade and a half removed from the mens game and recruiting scene, part of the problem in the end of the Sauer regime, and potential to screw up 2 hockey programs in one fell swoop is not appealing. My hope is when MJ doesn't end up with the job that there is less undertow toward whoever is named coach then there was with Eaves in some circles.

Comment

And we can be honest with ourselves and admit that we're just being eager little fanboys thinking we can get Oz and Granato on the same staff, right?

I mean... MAYBE Oz is fine with being top assistant again, but presumably Luke Strand is still involved for the time being.

Comment

Working...
                                X