Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

@NCAA: New @BadgerMHockey coach @TonyGranato is putting in work off the ice, completing his degree: http://bit.ly/uw060716 http://twitter.com/NCAA/status/74031...361984/photo/1

Huh??
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      @NCAA: New @BadgerMHockey coach @TonyGranato is putting in work off the ice, completing his degree: http://bit.ly/uw060716 http://twitter.com/NCAA/status/74031...361984/photo/1

Huh??
      Read the article, it gives you all that you would need to know.

But I'll go ahead and fill you in..
      He never got his degree as a student.
      Part of the job requirements for the Head Coach position was having earned a degree or being able to do so within 12 months of hiring.
      Coach G is taking the required classes to finish his degree, 15 credits worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
        Read the article, it gives you all that you would need to know.

But I'll go ahead and fill you in..
        He never got his degree as a student.
        Part of the job requirements for the Head Coach position was having earned a degree or being able to do so within 12 months of hiring.
        Coach G is taking the required classes to finish his degree, 15 credits worth.
        The huh was for how did he get hired without the degree. Yea I saw the 12 mos requirement, but how many colleges have a grace period?
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

The huh was for how did he get hired without the degree. Yea I saw the 12 mos requirement, but how many colleges have a grace period?
          when you are hiring the dream guy for the job, you make exceptions. nothing new there....
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Interesting thought for a little "alternate history theorizing"...

Suppose Phil The Rodent ignores his nature and stayed home at UW for 05-06. What are the consequences?
            I think I'd have to say the biggest impact by far on Wisconsin Hockey would have been if Amanda followed the traitor to UW.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

how many colleges have a grace period?
              I'd say 100% of them that have an opening and an opportunity to hire a guy with Tony's hockey credentials.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                I think I'd have to say the biggest impact by far on Wisconsin Hockey would have been if Amanda followed the traitor to UW.
                Ding ding ding....we have a winner. During traitorette's 14 years with the rodents, UW was a little underfirepowered in comparison to the rodents. UW would have won multiple championships, perhaps even 4 with her on the roster. We're probably talking undefeated seasonS.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  That's interesting, I never knew this side of it. Maybe it's just because he's the one who came to UW, but I had always thought that he just flat out wanted to be a Badger no matter what.
                  I sent you an e-mail.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    I work with a guy whose son was on team WI with traitor and Skille, there was no way they were going to play together. I think a great coach could have made it work as the fella's matured. I don't know if MM was that guy or not.
                    I would question your source. Phil was never on Team Wisconsin. He was always a Capitol; never played high school hockey...trust me.

When we meet, and we will, we will talk Muskies, Walleye, Smallies, and Real Hockey Stories. (I can hear people I know running and closing themselves into closets as I type.)

"Once a Capitol, ALWAYS A CAPITOL".
                    Last edited by MadCityRich; 06-08-2016, 08:43 PM.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                      I would question your source. Phil was never on Team Wisconsin. He was always a Capitol; never played high school hockey...trust me.

When we meet, and we will, we will talk Muskies, Walleye, Smallies, and Real Hockey Stories. (I can hear people I know running and closing themselves into closets as I type.)

"Once a Capitol, ALWAYS A CAPITOL".
                      I would trust you more than my co-worker. Or I shouldn't trust what I remember! Anyway, maybe he knew they didn't get along, who knows. I do clearly recall him saying not so nice things about Skille's metal capacity. He was shocked he got into UW. It could just be my source too. He may have been a straight A student!
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        I would trust you more than my co-worker. Or I shouldn't trust what I remember! Anyway, maybe he knew they didn't get along, who knows. I do clearly recall him saying not so nice things about Skille's metal capacity. He was shocked he got into UW. It could just be my source too. He may have been a straight A student!
                        Safe to say kessel ended up ten times better off

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                          Safe to say kessel ended up ten times better off
                          What the **** are you talking about? Because he was a goofer and got whacked by Holy Cross?? No wonder you've got a bright red stripe.

Comment

No because he has made about 80 million and Skille struggles to play regular

Comment

So Phil's rich -- Skille's immortal! https://youtu.be/Ib_rpKdAjac
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                So Phil's rich -- Skille's immortal! https://youtu.be/Ib_rpKdAjac
                                Was that Buccigross with the PxP?
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X