Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

I don't know if I missed it or if there wasn't a social media blast about it...but the full schedule is released.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey

It looks like the OSU away series will be Thursday at Columbus and Saturday at MSG.

Beyond that and the Fri/Sun series with BC to allow for the late football game we are (at least for now) locked in to Fri/Sat series.

I'm not sure if this is the Big Ten giving up on trying to get lots and lots of hockey on TV by using Thursday and Sunday windows, or if they are just going to max out on Fri/Sat with 4 games per week.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
      I don't know if I missed it or if there wasn't a social media blast about it...but the full schedule is released.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey

It looks like the OSU away series will be Thursday at Columbus and Saturday at MSG.

Beyond that and the Fri/Sun series with BC to allow for the late football game we are (at least for now) locked in to Fri/Sat series.

I'm not sure if this is the Big Ten giving up on trying to get lots and lots of hockey on TV by using Thursday and Sunday windows, or if they are just going to max out on Fri/Sat with 4 games per week.
      That's good for the fans. I guess we'll know the intentions when we see the BTN schedule.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Looks like no "bye" weeks after Jan 20, which is nice, and two weeks to prepare for the goofs coming to town that weekend.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of the early game after semester break and then another bye right away. I'd rather get an extra week to extend the break and get into a full schedule. However, in looking at the rest of the BIG schedule, that seems to be pretty common with all of the other teams.

First games back are either Jan 6 or Jan 13. All of the teams get a bye sometime in January and then a full schedule for February and March of 6 straight regular-season weekends and then the tourney.

On the other side of things, it looks like the NCHC is scheduling almost all of their teams with a bye in February or March.
          The only outsider is WMU with their last bye in early January, they play in the GLI at the end of December and don't start again until Jan 13 but then they play straight through the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hallucination View Post
            I'm that girl who used to scream die at the kiss-cam
            I'm pretty disappointed no one has posted a link to video of this yet.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Hah, no video to the best of my knowledge. This was later in my Crease Creature career, but that's still (frighteningly) about a decade ago.

Comment

• College Hockey Players, Recruits Fare Well at NHL Scouting Combine
                Lots of Badgers in the top groups:LINK

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                  College Hockey Players, Recruits Fare Well at NHL Scouting Combine
                  Lots of Badgers in the top groups:LINK
                  Cool link. That Zimmer kid is probably better than most of us think he is. I for one have always thought he was going to be a stud.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

sorry for the double-post...I didn't realize that I was in the recruiting thread when I first posted this

I'll put my "administration puppet" hat back on and put this out there.

Applications are now open for the 2016-2017 Fan Advisory Board.

I encourage all to apply. I was involved a few years ago and got to see some very interesting things. You get a bit of a peak behind the scenes (facility tours) as well as behind the curtain (administration fielding feedback on events, promotions, changes, ideas).

I believe they schedule 4 meetings (1 per calendar quarter) and try to match them up to sporting seasons. Most of the meetings were scheduled to allow for easier weekend travel for people who are outside of the Madison area. A few of the meetings were scheduled around sporting event weekends when people would be coming into town.

A special change for this yer:
                    The Athletic Department is currently accepting applications for the 2016-17 Fan Advisory Board. Season ticket holders in any UW sport are strongly encouraged to apply. New this year, applications will be also accepted from non-season ticket holders who are regular Badger game attendees. Previous season ticket holders who dropped their season tickets recently are encouraged to apply as well.

You can get all of the details here. As with previous posts of this nature, I'll be glad to answer any questions that people may have via the board, PM, e-mail, telegraph, smoke signals, ESP or any other communication method.

Comment

Interesting thought for a little "alternate history theorizing"...

Suppose Phil The Rodent ignores his nature and stayed home at UW for 05-06. What are the consequences?

Most immediate consequence would be roster. Heisenberg had Ben Street committing a month or so after Rodent's decision. I didn't join the board for another year, but if I recall my lurking correctly, Street was 100% a replacement for Phil so he likely is never here if Phil comes in. No "Our Ben... In the middle of our Street" song.
                      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o8Ym-niqP9TGSxhZ_qcXg5mox11dMsYjV_uE8vW74I4/pub

Not sure what the downstream impact is on recruiting. Might be he stays for a second, but presumably he's still a one and done. Having yet another empty roster spot for a new freshman vs a sophomore Street, so that season probably is even worse than it was. Who we replace Rodent with in 06-07 is a pretty major factor in guessing what our team looks like in subsequent years.

Does Rodent play on the top line? Who does he displace? As a RH shot, you'd assume Pavs. How does that impact Pavs' development? He's such a hard worker that it's tough to think that he wouldn't still play well and become a success as he has. He probably takes Joudrey's (right? or was it RossCo?) spot as 4th forward on the first PP unit. Still, maybe he doesn't get as much time to shine as he did once our top line was locked in. Does he stay for a junior year?

What else changes? Does it alter the perception of Eaves as a recruiter of forwards? Does it have an impact (positive or negative) on his views on one-and-done types? We will never know.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

I was led to believe that Jack Skille did not get along with Kessel, to the extent that he probably would not have come to the UW if Phil did.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Abroad View Post
                          I was led to believe that Jack Skille did not get along with Kessel, to the extent that he probably would not have come to the UW if Phil did.
                          I think the feeling was mutual, they were never going to play together in college.

Skille got the better end of the deal and has a ring, the Kessel run ended with Holy Cross
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

MADISON, Wis. – Head men's hockey coach Tony Granato announced on Monday the addition of defenseman Philip Nyberg, who has signed a National Letter of Intent and is expected to join the Badgers for the fall.

Born in Karlskrona, Sweden, Nyberg spent last season skating for Linköping HC J20 in Sweden's SuperElit league. In 45 regular-season contests, the right-handed shot posted four goals and 18 points. He added a goal in four playoff games.

"He is a very athletic, explosive skater," Granato said. "His first two steps are really good. He's also a quality person from a quality family with great character."

In the prior season of 2014-15, the 6-3 and 192-pound rear guard skated three games with the same Linköping HC J20 squad, but played the majority of the year with Linköping HC J18, serving as an assistant captain. He had three goals and 12 points in 20 games playing in the J18 Elit league, as well as two assists in nine games in the J18 Allsvenskan league.

Nyberg is the fourth signing of the spring for the Badgers. The signings of goaltenders Jack Berry and Johan Blomquist, as well as defenseman JD Greenway, were announced last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Abroad View Post
                              I work with a guy whose son was on team WI with traitor and Skille, there was no way they were going to play together. I think a great coach could have made it work as the fella's matured. I don't know if MM was that guy or not.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                I work with a guy whose son was on team WI with traitor and Skille, there was no way they were going to play together. I think a great coach could have made it work as the fella's matured. I don't know if MM was that guy or not.
                                That's interesting, I never knew this side of it. Maybe it's just because he's the one who came to UW, but I had always thought that he just flat out wanted to be a Badger no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                                X