Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

I'm wondering if the thought isn't to get a scholarship goalie to come in next year and get us back on the "every other year, get a scholarship goalie" track that Eaves had us on for a while.

Saying that with total ignorance as to what our scholarship situation is.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      I'm wondering if the thought isn't to get a scholarship goalie to come in next year and get us back on the "every other year, get a scholarship goalie" track that Eaves had us on for a while.

Saying that with total ignorance as to what our scholarship situation is.
      If recent hockey history has taught us anything, it's the importance of having two capable returning goalies on the roster at any given time because you never know what you'll get from a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
        If recent hockey history has taught us anything, it's the importance of having two capable returning goalies on the roster at any given time because you never know what you'll get from a freshman.
        Well, time will tell on Berry. Jurusik has turned out very well, and I know we're only in this position because of Opilka but I don't know how often we can count on Tier II junior goalies as the answer.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
          So I probably posted this in one of these threads 6 years ago when it was originally written, but it showed up my my FB "memories" yesterday, and it was fun re-reading it. Special interest to me is that Mosinee was mentioned in the WSJ article.

Link to article: Apparently Pavs has been good for a while.
          I feel a little bit like I am beating a dead horse, but I have to share this again. Last night during the first intermission when they showed the piece on Pavs, they also showed the goal he scored against Mosinee. So, little Mosinee High School made it to the Stanley Cup Finals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcA_0zbQ0Ms

Comment

I'll have to find that full segment

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              Well, time will tell on Berry. Jurusik has turned out very well, and I know we're only in this position because of Opilka but I don't know how often we can count on Tier II junior goalies as the answer.
              I wonder if Opilka is kicking himself right now when he sees the coaching staff that he could be working with.

But then again, if Opilka had come would we have won enough games to keep Eaves around for another year or two?

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                I wonder if Opilka is kicking himself right now when he sees the coaching staff that he could be working with.

But then again, if Opilka had come would we have won enough games to keep Eaves around for another year or two?
                I doubt he is kicking himself. I think he is pleased with how his year went and what his potential future holds. He made a good career move to go to Kitchener.

Comment

I got an email with a link to a Fan Advisory board application today. I filled it out, but neglected to mention I'm that girl who used to scream die at the kiss-cam, so I guess if they select me they're in for a bit of a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post

Since we're climbing into the "what if" calculator, something I too enjoy doing once and a while....what if Oz had come back when MM was looking to replace Walsh & Scheuy? I actually have a little bitter taste in my mouth over how Oz made it a big deal that it was a no-brainer to come back to WI, yet he cold shouldered MM's reaching out to him about come back previously. If MM was still here and Oz was his right hand man, I would have had no problem with that.

Ford should be regretting leaving seeing how it all played out in the end. A degree from UW reads better than a degree from a tech school.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by The Hallucination View Post
                      I got an email with a link to a Fan Advisory board application today. I filled it out, but neglected to mention I'm that girl who used to scream die at the kiss-cam, so I guess if they select me they're in for a bit of a surprise.
                      The world needs more fans like you.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hallucination View Post
                        Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        The world needs more fans like you.
                        What TA said.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Timothy A;6329227]Since we're climbing into the "what if" calculator, something I too enjoy doing once and a while....what if Oz had come back when MM was looking to replace Walsh & Scheuy? I actually have a little bitter taste in my mouth over how Oz made it a big deal that it was a no-brainer to come back to WI, yet he cold shouldered MM's reaching out to him about come back previously. If MM was still here and Oz was his right hand man, I would have had no problem with that.

Ford should be regretting leaving seeing how it all played out in the end. A degree from UW reads better than a degree from a tech school.[/QUOTE

Michigan Tech is a highly regarded engineering school...Pretty hard to get into also..

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
                            Michigan Tech is a highly regarded engineering school...Pretty hard to get into also..
                            Michigan Tech is indeed a great school, in a beautiful location, and they have a winder festival like few others.

I work with a guy who went to MTU. Whenever they play the Badgers I refer to the other school as "Michigan Technical College" just to mess with him...

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              Since we're climbing into the "what if" calculator, something I too enjoy doing once and a while....what if Oz had come back when MM was looking to replace Walsh & Scheuy? I actually have a little bitter taste in my mouth over how Oz made it a big deal that it was a no-brainer to come back to WI, yet he cold shouldered MM's reaching out to him about come back previously. If MM was still here and Oz was his right hand man, I would have had no problem with that.

Ford should be regretting leaving seeing how it all played out in the end. A degree from UW reads better than a degree from a tech school.
                              Why would Oz or any respected assistant with a good job come to Wisco with dead man walking as the guy you would be assisting? The ship was taking on water and sinking and Oz was in the process of securing a 3 year deal (pretty sweet length for an AHL assistant) just down the street from home with an organization that has been a Cup winner 3 of the last 7 years and seen the head coach of the team he is an assistant for ascend to an NHL head coaching gig. To me had Oz come back, it would only have potentially prolonged the inevitable...that Eaves would fail. Eaves was damaged goods among the fans, prospective players, junior coaching circles, alumni, and just about any other major stakeholder in Wisconsin hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                                Why would Oz or any respected assistant with a good job come to Wisco with dead man walking as the guy you would be assisting? The ship was taking on water and sinking and Oz was in the process of securing a 3 year deal (pretty sweet length for an AHL assistant) just down the street from home with an organization that has been a Cup winner 3 of the last 7 years and seen the head coach of the team he is an assistant for ascend to an NHL head coaching gig. To me had Oz come back, it would only have potentially prolonged the inevitable...that Eaves would fail. Eaves was damaged goods among the fans, prospective players, junior coaching circles, alumni, and just about any other major stakeholder in Wisconsin hockey.
                                He could have been the solution, the savior of his beloved school.

I poke fun at tech just to stir the pot like the old WCHA days. One of my best friends is a Tech alum, heck of a smart guy, almost as smart as this Whitewater guy typing right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X