Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol I: Dawn of the Fifth Age of UW Hockey!

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    That link is awesome, DC -- some pretty funny threads! There are so many sites, memes, etc on Phil it makes one's head spin. 100% with you on the "Tronno" media. He's a **** good kid; shy; not of many words; really doesn't like the limelight which I believe is why he's tearing it up on the 3rd line.
    This is where the goalie dads viewpoints depart....Not a Kessel fan at all, based purely on hockey. I was kinda getting over my dislike of Phil, then his sister miraculously returns to the rodents with a 3rd of the season left after formally retiring from hockey and was the talent tipping point to put them over the edge against the UW gals. Yes, the UW gals beat the rodents in the wcha playoffs when they had Kessel, but it was a 1-0 game and ARD played out of her mind. UW was 2-0 against Kesselless rodents and 1-2 against Kessel rodents, including an OT loss in the ncaas. Let's face it, if Phil goes to UW, I'd bet Amanda does too. I'm sure the Kessels are nice folks, but from the hockey perspective they are traitorous and I doubt my disdain will ever leave me after what happened last year. Once a rodent, always a rodent.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Pavelski!!! The 2006 guys tend to be my favorite favorites, and I still hate that rodent ****head.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        This is where the goalie dads viewpoints depart....Not a Kessel fan at all, based purely on hockey.
        I get it, and respect your points! It's just nice that I don't become "crazy" MadCityRich, and you "crooked" Timothy, or whatever else the pols chuck at each other.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

(However, it does still bother me when I see him in pictures in that ****ing mustard stained sweater.)
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Once a rodent, always a rodent.
          That should be on a shirt....

Comment

(However, it does still bother me when I see him in pictures in that ****ing mustard stained sweater.)
            Yeah, there's no level of family friendship that could erase that from my brain.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I get it, and respect your points! It's just nice that I don't become "crazy" MadCityRich, and you "crooked" Timothy, or whatever else the pols chuck at each other.
              I am not crooked, but I am a little nuts. Who else would go fishing accepting the pretense that you probably aren't going to catch anything? I might have made a great recruiter, that's essentially what that job is. Maybe that's why Oz is into musky fishing too. It'a all about the chase and occasionally catching a whopper. I wonder for great college hockey recruiters what their catch % is.....

Comment

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...arks-1.3601752

Good Article on Pavelski

Comment

Originally posted by NEWI Badger Fan View Post
                  Thanks....excellent!

O'Handley cites Pavelski's history of winning, which includes a high school championship, Clark Cup with Waterloo, national title with Wisconsin and silver medal at the 2014 Olympics, as further proof of his character. ....not to mention he was on Team Wisconsin in 2001-2002 when they won the Tier 1 national championship in Co. Springs. I was there!
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    Thanks....excellent!

O'Handley cites Pavelski's history of winning, which includes a high school championship, Clark Cup with Waterloo, national title with Wisconsin and silver medal at the 2014 Olympics, as further proof of his character. ....not to mention he was on Team Wisconsin in 2001-2002 when they won the Tier 1 national championship in Co. Springs. I was there!
                    It says they got s silver medal in 2014? I thought they got 4th? Lost to Canada in the Semis and Finland in the Bronze game.

Comment

• http://host.madison.com/ct/sports/college/hockey/new-badgers-hockey-coach-tony-granato-heads-back-to-class/article_fd25d8c2-6984-5616-910c-24f53bd827d0.html

Tony's back in Class!

Comment

Berry, Blomquist, and Greenway have all officially signed.
                        WISCONSIN BADGERS
                        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                          Here's the UW article about the three of them.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2016/5...r-2016-17.aspx
                          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                            Blomquist seems to be a practice goalie from looking at the stats.

Comment

Blomquist seems to be a practice goalie from looking at the stats.

His Connecticut USPHL Team was terrible last year, they were second to last and gave up over 5 a game. In that light, Johann's 3.87 is a pretty major improvement, plus he got them to the playoffs this year where he had a .980 sv% in 2 games.

He was also stellar in limited time the previous year with a very good Philly team. Not saying he's the next Richter, but I wouldn't write him off yet.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                His Connecticut USPHL Team was terrible last year, they were second to last and gave up over 5 a game. In that light, Johann's 3.87 is a pretty major improvement, plus he got them to the playoffs this year where he had a .980 sv% in 2 games.

He was also stellar in limited time the previous year with a very good Philly team. Not saying he's the next Richter, but I wouldn't write him off yet.
                                Excellent news. I think Matty will have an improved year considering all he went through last year getting thrown into the fire and I sure as hell hope Oz can get those D to play decent in front of him or whoever starts on any given day.

Comment

Working...
                                X