Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCHC Conference Tournament - Not a Lot of Drama Likely... So Let's Start Some in Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCHC Conference Tournament - Not a Lot of Drama Likely... So Let's Start Some in

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
    Never heard of the place before today... man, cloud fans are helpful. Well if they took the time getting me a booth I better stop by.
    You could always head down the dark alley that Dirty frequents.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Re: NCHC Conference Tournament - Not a Lot of Drama Likely... So Let's Start Some in

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      You could always head down the dark alley that Dirty frequents.
      It's prime real estate and on the bleeding edge of gentrification. Don't blame me that you didn't see the potential that alley had.
      Last edited by Dirty; 03-16-2016, 06:05 AM.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Sorry to be hockey related but UND hasn't had a great history so far in NCHC semifinal games. You guys only booked rooms for Friday, right? Save a couple bucks for the NCAAs. Who cares about third place games anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU BlackandRed View Post
          Sorry to be hockey related but UND hasn't had a great history so far in NCHC semifinal games. You guys only booked rooms for Friday, right? Save a couple bucks for the NCAAs. Who cares about third place games anyways...
          With the quality of competition at this tournament, I'm not very anxious about UND winning two. These teams will be as good as any they face in the NCAAs, and a loss now might make them work even harder when everything is on the line.

As long as the goaltending is not the reason for the loss. Goaltending is the key to winning a banner, and shaken confidence would be a huge negative at this point in time. Johnson has been great this year, but he has not been in the saddle when the stakes are this high.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            With the quality of competition at this tournament, I'm not very anxious about UND winning two. These teams will be as good as any they face in the NCAAs, and a loss now might make them work even harder when everything is on the line.

As long as the goaltending is not the reason for the loss. Goaltending is the key to winning a banner, and shaken confidence would be a huge negative at this point in time. Johnson has been great this year, but he has not been in the saddle when the stakes are this high.
            I can't think of a matchup this weekend that won't be fun to watch. This level of competition is the reason the NCHC was started and is a great primer for the intensity of the NCAAs.
            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Other than homer fans that see things in rose colored glasses, I don't think any NCHC fans this weekend can realistically expect two wins. Heck, this is arguably a much tougher tourney this year than any regional will be
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                Other than homer fans that see things in rose colored glasses, I don't think any NCHC fans this weekend can realistically expect two wins. Heck, this is arguably a much tougher tourney this year than any regional will be
                Thats an absurd statement. The NCHC cannot compete with the talent on display at the Big Ten tournament. It will have three times as many Hobey finalists afterall...

Comment

Originally posted by RL3AO View Post
                  Thats an absurd statement. The NCHC cannot compete with the talent on display at the Big Ten tournament. It will have three times as many Hobey finalists afterall...
                  Yeah, but you can only see them in, at most, 2 of the 5 games, and they all have to leave the ice at the same time.
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I got interviewed by the Pioneer Press for a comparison story on the two tourneys:

http://www.twincities.com/2016/03/16...-big-ten-nchc/
                    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      I am sure they are getting your booth at sex world ready as we speak.
                      Sadly, I heard on the radio a few weeks ago that Sex World is closing. Big clearance sales, and they promise to go out with a bang.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I have promised myself to take the high road this week and carry on like the teams from the three lesser schools have a chance. Because it's the right thing to do, and because it's especially heartwarming to see how excited the people from the dog schools get thinking they could win.
                        No you have it wrong. The only team with no chance is UND. That's because since you have it all wrapped up, you are going to roll over in these games and mail it in, thus assuring that any wagerers get fleeced and that English bulldogs get perpetrated.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
                          The Target Center was not built for hockey, it was built for hoops, but it works for hockey. The location is good. Lots of entertainment within walking distance, plenty of parking. I have heard that the puck bounces a little differently than it does on a standard rink though. Does anyone know what the capacity is there for hockey? I think its about 18,000 for hoops but I would imagine its less than that with a hockey rink down there instead of a court.
                          I believe it seats about 17,000. The floor is raised about five feet for hockey. I've worked the last two and will be there again this year. I'm looking forward to it, should be better in the next couple years too when the renovation is done.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            Oh you couldn't be more wrong. SOMEBODY has to win two games this weekend. Oh wait, you meant "expect" two wins...

Comment

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.....hockey. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.....Target Center built for hoops. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Watching hockey at the Target Center is just like watching hockey at the Bradley Center. Not comfortable, but not that bad. It could be worse.

SCSU has a shot if they can actually play in the first period. No offense UMD, but UND is more than likely going to win, unless you poisoned their food. Biddy, did you take care of that?

Now for the real questions. Who is staying downtown? Where are the meetups? Who is paying my bar tab?
                              Originally posted by Skeeterman
                              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Working...
                              X