Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCHC Conference Tournament - Not a Lot of Drama Likely... So Let's Start Some in Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCHC Conference Tournament - Not a Lot of Drama Likely... So Let's Start Some in

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
    The original contract was for 5 years, so at least 3 more tournaments (including this weekend's).

r
    Everyone complains about the Target Center but I've never had a big issue with it... sure there are better venues but for the attendance that the NCHC brings I think it works fine. I like everything that downtown Minneapolis offers over St. Paul as well.

Comment

Re: NCHC Conference Tournament - Not a Lot of Drama Likely... So Let's Start Some in

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
      Everyone complains about the Target Center but I've never had a big issue with it... sure there are better venues but for the attendance that the NCHC brings I think it works fine. I like everything that downtown Minneapolis offers over St. Paul as well.
      I agree. I see a lot of people here and especially over at Sioux Sports piling on, but I've really enjoyed the last two years from a fan perspective. Plus, renovations are in store along with a new ice plant.

On the other hand, if the Xcel came calling and said "we'd like more than 500 people in the building, can you move your tournament here", I'd go for that.

Comment

I can't completely agree as their draconian views on Bird Rights are rather disconcerting.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
          I agree. I see a lot of people here and especially over at Sioux Sports piling on, but I've really enjoyed the last two years from a fan perspective. Plus, renovations are in store along with a new ice plant.

On the other hand, if the Xcel came calling and said "we'd like more than 500 people in the building, can you move your tournament here", I'd go for that.
          Fine, fine, fine. So maybe Target Center isn't that bad if you call out those things. And yes, Minneapolis>St. Paul. Far more entertainment options. For gentlemen. And not gentlemen.

But this thread is devolving into discussion about hockey related topics.

Get this baby back off track, someone, please!

Comment

What are the chances the number of Denver fans coming to Minneapolis this weekend equals the Pioneers current winning streak? Will Denver have more goals or fans at the TC? Does UNO actually exist in playoffs? Why hasn't UMD responded to by responsible request?
            Last edited by Dirty; 03-15-2016, 05:19 PM.
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              What are the chances the number of Denver fans coming to Minneapolis this weekend equals the Pioneers current winning streak? Will Denver have more goals or fans at the TC? Does UNO actually exist in playoffs? Why hasn't UMD responded to by responsible request?
              Better question, more DU fans or UNO fans?
              I want to know why UMD uses an English Bulldog when American Bulldogs are sitting at home desperate for mascot jobs. Just despicable that a school in our conference would do such a thing and that we turned a blind eye to it for so long. Well no more, I demand Josh Berlo do the right thing and hire an American Bulldog to represent the school.

Bulldogs are American not English!
              Isn't it clear? He hates North Americans, as he is on the record of saying that there are "too many Canadians around {UMD}".
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                Better question, more DU fans or UNO fans?

Isn't it clear? He hates North Americans, as he is on the record of saying that there are "too many Canadians around {UMD}".
                DU. The only UNO fan last year was Ryan Walter's dad, and that shouldn't count cuz he only had to come from Rosemount
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I have promised myself to take the high road this week and carry on like the teams from the three lesser schools have a chance. Because it's the right thing to do, and because it's especially heartwarming to see how excited the people from the dog schools get thinking they could win.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    I have promised myself to take the high road this week and carry on like the teams from the three lesser schools have a chance. Because it's the right thing to do, and because it's especially heartwarming to see how excited the people from the dog schools get thinking they could win.
                    I'm sorry, is this from this week or exactly 52 weeks ago?
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I am sure they are getting your booth at sex world ready as we speak.
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        I'm sorry, is this from this week or exactly 52 weeks ago?
                        Are you suggesting burd might be a time traveler?
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Are you suggesting burd might be a time traveler?
                          It's not time travel, it's Wisconsin.

Comment

The Target Center was not built for hockey, it was built for hoops, but it works for hockey. The location is good. Lots of entertainment within walking distance, plenty of parking. I have heard that the puck bounces a little differently than it does on a standard rink though. Does anyone know what the capacity is there for hockey? I think its about 18,000 for hoops but I would imagine its less than that with a hockey rink down there instead of a court.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowerConference View Post
                              The Target Center was not built for hockey, it was built for hoops, but it works for hockey. The location is good. Lots of entertainment within walking distance, plenty of parking. I have heard that the puck bounces a little differently than it does on a standard rink though. Does anyone know what the capacity is there for hockey? I think its about 18,000 for hoops but I would imagine its less than that with a hockey rink down there instead of a court.
                              http://lmgtfy.com/?q=target+center+hockey+capacity
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                                I am sure they are getting your booth at sex world ready as we speak.
                                Never heard of the place before today... man, cloud fans are helpful. Well if they took the time getting me a booth I better stop by.

Comment

Working...
                                X