X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things Denver XXVI: From Boonetown to Motown

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    Even went to DU law school.
    Oh so thats why he wears that number. Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
      I like your optimism!! I also thought they looked very average last night. Did you see the Hextall pass to nowhere? Even the announcers (who were complete dorks by the way) made some comment about ill advised passes.
      The announcers were Wooger (Doug Woog) and "The Rug" (Frank Mazzocco), the University of Minnesota FSN North announcers. I think Wooger might have been a little tippsy as he kept confusing the teams and players. He kept calling UMD the Gophers, etc.
      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
        I think Wooger might have been a little tippsy as he kept confusing the teams and players. He kept calling UMD the Gophers, etc.
        I thought the same thing. Not one of Woogers' greatest games last night. Did you hear him call someone "Duck Soup"?

Comment

The announcers were Wooger (Doug Woog) and "The Rug" (Frank Mazzocco), the University of Minnesota FSN North announcers. I think Wooger might have been a little tippsy as he kept confusing the teams and players. He kept calling UMD the Gophers, etc.
          Yeah and all their little private jokes and laughter, half of the time I didn't know what they were talking about. Wasn't Woog the coach of the Gophers a while back?
          "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
          Tom Serratore

Comment

Yeah and all their little private jokes and laughter, half of the time I didn't know what they were talking about. Wasn't Woog the coach of the Gophers a while back?
            Yes. Woog coached the Gophers from 1985 to 1999.

Comment

Wasn't Woog the coach of the Gophers a while back?
              1985-99.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

A Shot And A Goal posted this last night in the game thread during one of Wooger's ramblings.

According to Wooger when there's a timeout in an NFL game he goes to his refrigerator to take a leak. That's bizarre even by his standards.
                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

A Shot And A Goal posted this last night in the game thread during one of Wooger's ramblings.
                  There had to be cocktails at the awards ceremony yesterday.

Comment

Classic. How did I miss that!? The argument over whether or not they saw some guy (the replacement linesman I think?) walking down the street vs. the sidewalk was pretty good too (and awkward).

Comment

Bought my plane ticket to Detroit last night. Here's hoping that the team will meet me there.

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
                        This is a dilemma match-up for me. One part of me wants the Pios to win the Final Five and go into the NCAAs with momentum. Another part of me knows that a loss right now can let the team know how hard they need to work to win the ultimate prize! DU's 2005 team won all the hardware and therefore showed that they were an incredible team. The '04 team showed that some rest was very beneficial and, in fact, stole the championship. I guess we shall see.

I hear you Swami! But there is no rest as DU would have to play in the Consolation game on Saturday. (I hope they do away with this game in the new Final Five configuration.)
                        I only quote myself to give Old Pio an opportunity to offer his exegesis.
                        I'm sure a liberal dose of Crown Royal will fix that exegesis right up.
                        Since DU has been hot since the Boonetown to Motown thread title started, I think it should remain in the title somehow.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by PioneerPhanatic View Post
                          Bought my plane ticket to Detroit last night. Here's hoping that the team will meet me there.
                          Got mine.

DU students organizations are working on chartering a plane to Detroit. DU does everything in style.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross-Czech View Post
                            Classic. How did I miss that!? The argument over whether or not they saw some guy (the replacement linesman I think?) walking down the street vs. the sidewalk was pretty good too (and awkward).
                            Oh my God, I remember that!!
                            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                            Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                              Since DU has been hot since the Boonetown to Motown thread title started, I think it should remain in the title somehow.
                              1) All Things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - Are we there yet?
                              2) All Things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown II
                              3) All Things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - The final miles.
                              4) All Things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's Not A Ford, but a Chevy!

I think I'm kinda liking #4.
                              DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                              sigpic
                              WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
                                1) All Things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - Are we there yet?
                                2) All Things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown II
                                3) All Things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - The final miles.
                                4) All Things Denver XXVII: From Boonetown to Motown - It's Not A Ford, but a Chevy!

I think I'm kinda liking #4.
                                I like #4, but also From Boonetown to Motwn Redux (Of a topic, redone, restored, brought back, or revisited)
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X